Protection Rescinded

Schattenmann

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1285692802' post='2466931']
Man, it only seems like yesterday that people got outraged over stuff that was actually worth it.
[/quote]

You mean that YOU used to get outraged over stuff that YOU felt was worth it. Back when you got to be the victim actually. Odd coincidence that.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='DeadAnimal' timestamp='1285693834' post='2466946']
You mean that YOU used to get outraged over stuff that YOU felt was worth it. Back when you got to be the victim actually. Odd coincidence that.
[/quote]

Oh jeez! You got me there. Wow, that was a good one! You used caps and everything.

Stick to the topic.

Edited by Il Impero Romano

"GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONS!"

Schattenmann awoke in a cold sweat. The fifth time this week, and it was only Tuesday. The same dream again. It wasn't bad enough that GOONS occupied his every waking thought. They had to haunt him in his dreams as well.

"I'll show them," he muttered. "I know just the thing. Another thread. Schattenmann doesn't give in this easily, you vile knaves."

Schattenmann retreated to the study. His private sanctuary. He was free here. Free from tech raids. Free from the GOONS and their contemptuous machinations. In this room, Schattenmann would expertly craft a scathing expose of the GOONS and their plot to destroy the entirety of Bob.

"Surely this will be the straw to break the GOONS' back." Schattenmann whispered under his breath. But would it? Bob seemed oblivious to the spreading corruption that GOONS brought. Schattenmann's efforts seemed futile. How could they not see? How could the denizens of Bob be so blind to what is happening before their very eyes? Micro-AAs and unaligneds were dying left and right. A pile of corpses left in the wake of the GOONS. Every single time he was there to expose it! But still, the GOONS exist!

Schattenmann threw the contents of his desk to the floor in a rage. "It's pointless!" he shouted. "No one listens to me. They are all blind! Blind to the evil of the GOONS!" Schattenmann was ready to give up. To give in to the GOONS. They were seemingly unstoppable.

"No. I must not. Enough feeling sorry for myself. No matter how many words I must type, no matter how many threads go ignored, I must destroy GOONS. This is my holy mission. In the name of Justitia!"

With renewed spirit, Schattenmann set pen to paper. This time, GOONS. This time, your number is up.

[quote name='Biazt' timestamp='1285692908' post='2466933']
You really must do something about this obsession you have with us Schattenman, it's quite unbecoming.
[/quote]
As a casual observer it appears to me that he is doing something about it. By posting well reasoned arguments about the activities of goons and the implications of those actions he is building quite a picture of an alliance the existence of which is entirely negative.

[quote name='Mandolus' timestamp='1285694387' post='2466955']
"GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONS!"

Schattenmann awoke in a cold sweat. The fifth time this week, and it was only Tuesday. The same dream again. It wasn't bad enough that GOONS occupied his every waking thought. They had to haunt him in his dreams as well.

"I'll show them," he muttered. "I know just the thing. Another thread. Schattenmann doesn't give in this easily, you vile knaves."

Schattenmann retreated to the study. His private sanctuary. He was free here. Free from tech raids. Free from the GOONS and their contemptuous machinations. In this room, Schattenmann would expertly craft a scathing expose of the GOONS and their plot to destroy the entirety of Bob.

"Surely this will be the straw to break the GOONS' back." Schattenmann whispered under his breath. But would it? Bob seemed oblivious to the spreading corruption that GOONS brought. Schattenmann's efforts seemed futile. How could they not see? How could the denizens of Bob be so blind to what is happening before their very eyes? Micro-AAs and unaligneds were dying left and right. A pile of corpses left in the wake of the GOONS. Every single time he was there to expose it! But still, the GOONS exist!

Schattenmann threw the contents of his desk to the floor in a rage. "It's pointless!" he shouted. "No one listens to me. They are all blind! Blind to the evil of the GOONS!" Schattenmann was ready to give up. To give in to the GOONS. They were seemingly unstoppable.

"No. I must not. Enough feeling sorry for myself. No matter how many words I must type, no matter how many threads go ignored, I must destroy GOONS. This is my holy mission. In the name of Justitia!"

With renewed spirit, Schattenmann set pen to paper. This time, GOONS. This time, your number is up.
[/quote]
This seems like a pretty accurate description of what we're looking at.

[quote name='MikeCrotch' timestamp='1285694781' post='2466962']
schatt sits shivering
hunched over keyboard and screen
waiting for the GOONS
[/quote]
GOONS then rush to their computers in mass numbers hoping to drown out all their exposed bad deeds with mindless drivel, in an attempt to distract people from the alliance they caused the disbandment of.

[quote name='Sabcat' timestamp='1285695110' post='2466966']
As a casual observer it appears to me that he is doing something about it. By posting well reasoned arguments about the activities of goons and the implications of those actions he is building quite a picture of an alliance the existence of which is entirely negative.
[/quote]
If you read one of the other myriad threads about GOONS you'll see that just about all of his "reasoned arguments" are proven wrong pretty quickly. This is just another Schattenman rant. For more details please see Mandolus' post.

Edited by Biazt

[quote name='Biazt' timestamp='1285695216' post='2466971']
If you read one of the other myriad threads about GOONS you'll see that just about all of his "reasoned arguments" are proven wrong pretty quickly. This is just another Schattenman rant. For more details please see Mandolus' post.
[/quote]

By this do you mean that:

[quote]GOONS then rush to their computers in mass numbers hoping to drown out all their exposed bad deeds with mindless drivel, in an attempt to distract people from the alliance they caused the disbandment of. [/quote]

?

If your alliance CoJ isn't able to protect nations you've told you would; doens't make that this thread a great example of self reflection for your alliance?
Why are you 'protection' nations and alliances when you're not even able to do so?

CN is partly about war; and in war always someone is on the losing side.
When I was a little nation I too got raided several times; but I stood up; continued; sometimes just taking a bow (accepting or negotiating peace after beeing raided) and went on.
Small raided nations should do so too when they really wanna play this game. (or just join a big alliance)

Edited by Descendent

[quote name='Timmehhh' timestamp='1285695845' post='2466979']
Isn't Schattenman the guy who is responsible for the destruction of Browncoats ?

http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/BDC-BC_War
[/quote]

I don't see your point. He can't protect alliances, because he has had past failures?

Edited by Omniscient1

[quote name='DeadAnimal' timestamp='1285691513' post='2466911']
You mean the poor little raid target actually fought back to your acts of agression? Woe is you! That totally justifies continuing to raid them after they got protection.
[/quote]
No, what he means is:

A USSR nation was attacked in a valid tech raid by GOONS.

Rather than talk to us or try to negotiate anything, the rest of USSR (previously uninvolved) attacked as many members of GOONS as possible (also uninvolved).

Schat notices what's going on and since it's GOONS he just HAS to get a piece of that, and offers protection for USSR. By this point it hardly matters though (which Schat probably knew in advance).

Much later after there's only one USSR member left, one of our members stupidly raids them (yes, we do actually have a procedure for this type of thing, USSR was still on our do not attack list so had the member been doing things correctly they would not have attacked; furthermore the member was suspended like all bad tech raids). Since it was our bad we offered reps, but the person was inactive anyway.

Schat makes another anti-GOONS thread, which was likely his plan from when he first decided to protect USSR.

[quote name='Descendent' timestamp='1285695863' post='2466981']
If your alliance CoJ isn't able to protect nations you've told you would; doens't make that this thread a great example of self reflection for your alliance?
Why are you 'protection' nations and alliances when you're not even able to do so?

It's a war game; and in war always someone is on the losing side.
When I was a little nation I too got raided several times; but I stood up; continued; sometimes just taking a bow (accepting or negotiating peace after beeing raided) and went on.
Small raided nations should do so too when they really wanna play this game. (or just join a big alliance)
[/quote]
My best guess is he "protects" nations so he can moan about them being raiding on these forums. True protectors actually protect their nations by the use of diplomatics or military force.

[quote name='xoindotnler' timestamp='1285695731' post='2466975']
To bad this thread isn't about GOONS, it does contain why it happened and some how involved you.

Not every thread is about you, get over it.
[/quote]
Unless I'm somehow mistaken, the second word in this thread is "GOONS."

In fact, the word "GOONS" is used more times than "USSR."

Besides, when Schat is involved, the thread is definitely about us.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1285695938' post='2466982']
I don't see your point. He can't protect alliances, because he has had past failures?
[/quote]
This thread he actually that his own alliance "COJ" was unable to protect the alliance he swore to protect, see Descendent's post.

Schattenman is widely known for blowing up his own alliance Browncoats, he allowed them to be destroyed in a back-room deal to stay out of the GATO One vision war. So this thread is kinda ironic.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1285695975' post='2466984']
Rather than talk to us or try to negotiate anything, the rest of USSR (previously uninvolved) attacked as many members of GOONS as possible (also uninvolved).
[/quote]

Had you had any interaction with USSR before that incident?

If not, what's with the assumption that they knew what standard procedure was and attacked anyway? Would it be unreasonable to assume that a new, small, and uninvolved alliance felt their only option was to attack back?

If they were politically experienced then you get to be right :(

[quote name='Timmehhh' timestamp='1285696231' post='2466986']
My best guess is he "protects" nations so he can moan about them being raiding on these forums. True protectors actually protect their nations by the use of diplomatics or military force.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Oh cry me a river. CoJ is recognized by all as an alliance. It can protect nations simply by giving them a protectorate, and that should be enough to keep them from being raided.

But you know, this is all moot. Considering that GOONS has a history of saying tech raid victims cannot defend themselves (if an AA has less than fifteen members, it is not considered an alliance, so if someone on the AA is raided and the alliance jumps in to defend them, they are considered rogues, or used to anyway). Of course, GOONS will play deaf and try to portray themselves as victims or misunderstood. They'll clamber you for "facts" or "proof" or wrongdoing. But you know, at the end of the day this isn't about facts or proof or statistics or findings. What this is ultimately about is common courtesy, and simple human decency. Why GOONS finds either to be so bafflingly incomprehensible is beyond my understanding. But what is clear is that they simply do not care, and their attitude has been gaining momentum as of late, and spreading.

It is their way of doing things, and their mistreatment of new rulers that is responsible for the shrinkage this world is experiencing. And you know what? They are aware of it, and they're proud of what they're doing. GOONS exists only to bully others, and I say that is an unacceptable premise for an alliance to be based upon.[/color]

[quote name='Descendent' timestamp='1285695863' post='2466981']
[/quote]
If FOK or any other alliance is incapable of stopping its members from attacking protected alliances, then protectors can be no more capable. Most alliances are able to fulfill the minimals of their governance, so it's not usually a matter of pro-active protection. If you would like me to start proactively protecting alliances, I guess there are plenty of alliances that would like to start attacking raiders to preemptively stop raids.