Ragnarok Announcement !

Van Hoo III

[center][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/MistahHoo/rag.png[/IMG]

[size="5"]Ragnarok[/size][/center]

Holy crap, that was an ugly flag ...

Three years ago today, Ragnarok was founded. Four rather noobish members sat in an \m/ military backchannel and discussed creating a new alliance once the Unjust War came to a close. \m/ was chaotic at the time and we knew it wasn't going to survive. The forums had degenerated into splinter groups who debated what to do next and we had had enough of the chaos. Sitting near ZI with no direction from alliance leadership, we hashed out what we wanted from an alliance. We didn't want to take the world too seriously, yet we didn't want to be a "lulzy" alliance either ... a balance had to be maintained. That drive for balance is what Ragnarok ended up being founded on.

As the war drew to a close, we decided to all four surrender to hurry along the process. \m/ was no longer really functioning as an alliance and we felt no loyalty to an alliance that was planning for disbandment. Amusingly enough, I was the only one who ended up surrendering as \m/ fell quicker than planned. Heh. I surrendered to CON and was a POW for a total of three hours before, after failing to recruit me, they released me to "start my little alliance."

My nation was two months old and I actually knew little about the world. I suggested we be a gray team alliance since there didn't seem to be anyone dominating that sphere ... until the others pointed out that gray wasn't an actual sphere. We unanimously chose Ragnarok as our name over Nemesis or Area 51 thinking that we could pull off cool word play with the "RoK" part of it. I set out to write a charter, Gen Lee went looking for a protectorate, and Sir Horis contacted a friend of his to get our forums set up. As \m/ refugees, no one wanted any part of us ... but eventually NATO stepped up and said they'd help us out. The only thing they requested is that we became an aqua alliance. We had zero interest in being an aqua alliance and had in fact leaned towards maroon, but we would not have survived without a protectorate and signed with NATO.

The last thing we needed was a leader. Gen Lee had the most experience and I offered the position of "president" to him. The president of Ragnarok was to be an elected position, and we simply needed someone to hold the spot for the next 90 days. Lee didn't feel he was the leader type and also didn't feel he had the time to devote to leading an alliance. Horis and Rabbit of Caernabogg (RoK's co-founders) didn't want to lead either and felt that since I named the alliance and wrote the charter, it was only fair that I got first crack at leading.

At update, a lifetime ago on Bob, I made RoK's first announcement.

We were trolled openly and in private and threatened via PM, query, and forum post. No one thought we'd live past 30 days. There was a lot of hatred for \m/ at the time, and since that is where we originated, a lot of people wanted to kill us. That and NoWedge wanted us dead simply for having a Norse name. Heh. Regardless, we stuck to our guns and toughed it out ... we didn't back down from anyone and simply refused to fail. Despite many thinking we'd be wiped out in the first few hours, 1,095 days later we are still here.

Thank you to every alliance we have ever been allied to and every alliance we have ever fought a war against, every alliance who has adored us and every alliance who has hated us. All of you are the reason that we are still here. You have all kept things interesting for us.

Thank you to everyone who has ever joined RoK, even for a day. Without all of you, we'd be nothing.

Most of all, thank you to all the members who currently call Ragnarok home. :wub:

tl;dr Ragnarok turns three years old today ... :awesome:

Van Hoo III
Emperor of Ragnarok

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything Hoo said is a lie

[center][img]http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo151/Xerxer17/RoKflag.png[/img][/center]

For years, we have attempted to create a better Ragnarok. An alliance that is ready and willing to fight for itself and the allies we cherish (not including Superfriends, we hate those guys). An alliance that has developed a community with outstanding characters. In the next couple of weeks, our list of Ragnarok IDs will hit the 2k mark, with a list of outstanding members and those who still call Ragnarok home today. Ragnarok has had some quality members which has allowed for our government to get bigger, to the point where we had twenty six government officials at a time. These days, it has been shortened to ten officials that we have been doing wonders with. The old gang cant be overlooked, though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ5fIsrBRRQ

Time itself does change the face of Rok, and out of the orginal members of Ragnarok, we have only been able to hold Hoo...

...lucky us.

All in all, we have had a good three years, and we'll hope to be standing another three. Cheers to that:

[img]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn2/grimboldUC/ROK/ROKBEER.png[/img]

[img]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn2/grimboldUC/ROK/roklager.png[/img]

...but seriously, how can we have beer and be merry? Something is considerably out of place. Why are we making this announcement? Where is the old bag who is supposed to lead this alliance on this treasured day in our history?

HE'S AN HOUR LATE

This, my friends, is the last straw. We have gone too far to be held down by the likes of Van Hoo and his inability to contact each channel without automessaging the hell out of us every day. We are too good to be lead by a man who is easily distracted by gerbils.

We're just too good.

So for this reason as well as plenty of others, we have decided to rid Ragnarok of Hoo and on this day we banish him to Invicta. Here is the new Ragnarok Ruling Government:

Emperor
Mykep

Regent
KaitlinK

Vice Regent
Mistress Unicorn

High Chancellor
Adelicious

Vice Chancellor
Randalla

Consul
jorjor

tl;dr Ragnarok turns three years old today ... We couped Hoo

Mykep I, De Pantsless Gecko
Emperor of Ragnarok

(thanks to SMH for the video, Alfred for the beer. Cheers)

Edited by Acca Dacca