OWF Edition WAE

Chickenzilla

671 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='lorddagon' timestamp='1284589602' post='2455090']
If we suck so bad then answer this, how are we still in business? If the legion is so horrible in it's policies how is it still getting recruits? If we are just garbage, then how are we only two spots behind MK in strength? Why haven't we been curb-stomped into oblivion? Why? It is because we endure. Forever and always, AVE LEGIO!
[/quote]
Enduring through being terrible doesn't make you not terrible.

If we suck so bad then answer this, how are we still in business? If the legion is so horrible in it's policies how is it still getting recruits? If we are just garbage, then how are we only two spots behind MK in strength? Why haven't we been curb-stomped into oblivion? Why? It is because we endure. Forever and always, AVE LEGIO!
[/quote]

Having a large number of members doesn't equal quality it just means you have quantity. You hold the lowest average score of any sanctioned alliance and the second lowest slot usage beaten only by TDO who is a neutral alliance. What you need to do is cut the fat from your alliance and shed around 200 members or so and make sure that your remaining members are active and have a good warchest on hand so that they are capable to fight in an extended conflict instead of having 300 or so inactive nation that serve as nothing but cannon fodder for anyone at war with you to feed off of while they hit however many prepared nations you have.

[/quote]
You're in business because you're so irrelevant no one can be bothered dealing with you. It's getting recruits because they don't know any better. You are two spots behind MK in strength because you've fought 7-8 weeks worth of war in your entire history.

Edited by Banksy

If we are just garbage, then how are we only two spots behind MK in strength? Why haven't we been curb-stomped into oblivion? Why? It is because we endure.
[/quote]
No. It is because in global wars you are treated as an unimportant periphery alliance that is quickly given peace by the other side so they can better focus on the more important targets. You quite frankly are not worth the offensive slots your enemies would have to use against you.

Edited by Lord Gobb

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1284584866' post='2455027']
Solution: MK/Athens v Legion

we fight till Legion surrenders lol
[/quote]
I think Athens v Legion would be more fair.

If we suck so bad then answer this, how are we still in business?
[/quote]
Because the only people capable of making an alliance disband are those leading it.

If the legion is so horrible in it's policies how is it still getting recruits?
[/quote]
Virtually all your new nations are brand new. That means they have no knowledge of the history of the alliances in this game and probably no idea how the game works.

If we are just garbage, then how are we only two spots behind MK in strength?
[/quote]
Because you have close to double the number of nations we do. That means it is easier to pack on infra, land, soldiers, air and navy forces.

Despite this, MK has more tech, more nukes, more aircraft and the gap between most other statistics is reasonably small.
Why haven't we been curb-stomped into oblivion? Why? It is because we endure. Forever and always, AVE LEGIO!
[/quote]
You aren't worth stomping.

[quote name='Ryuzaki' timestamp='1284593202' post='2455177']
I think Athens v Legion would be more fair.

Because the only people capable of making an alliance disband are those leading it.

Virtually all your new nations are brand new. That means they have no knowledge of the history of the alliances in this game and probably no idea how the game works.

Because you have close to double the number of nations we do. That means it is easier to pack on infra, land, soldiers, air and navy forces.

Despite this, MK has more tech, more nukes, more aircraft and the gap between most other statistics is reasonably small.

You aren't worth stomping.
[/quote]

Le sigh, you guys must be just the bees knees.

[quote name='Lord Gobb' timestamp='1284592880' post='2455168']
No. It is because in global wars you are treated as an unimportant periphery alliance that is quickly given peace by the other side so they can better focus on the more important targets. You quite frankly are not worth the offensive slots your enemies would have to use against you.
[/quote]
It's very sad how many alliances wear this as a badge of honour, making themselves think they're great military machines.

[/quote]
Recruits? lol look at UPN they still pull the noobs in despite their level of suck being an 11.

But anyway, lets quick compare the avg MK nation has 6999 infra, 3400 tech and damn near 16 nukes. While the avg Legionaire has 3900 infra 1k tech and 5 nukes. Yes, MK, you are a TERRIBLE alliance with a horrible war record and an even WORSE rebuilding program

btw 41 WRCs for Legion and 101 for MK(Thats damn near half their alliance has WRCs)

[quote name='lorddagon' timestamp='1284597646' post='2455268']
Le sigh, you guys must be just the bees knees.
[/quote]
The only bit of my comment that in any way glorified us was the comparison to you and I only had that there because I was responding to your comment. Thanks for addressing my comments by the way, rather than just making a god awful attempt at wit.

[quote name='Ryuzaki' timestamp='1284599601' post='2455301']
The only bit of my comment that in any way glorified us was the comparison to you and I only had that there because I was responding to your comment. Thanks for addressing my comments by the way, rather than just making a god awful attempt at wit.
[/quote]

Legionnaires don't want to hear why we think they're a terrible alliance. They just want to put their finger in their ears and sing "lalalala" while making up flimsy excuses ("biased poll", "not everyone voted", "we don't suck because we leave every war after 3 days"...).

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1284602174' post='2455346']
Legionnaires don't want to hear why we think they're a terrible alliance. They just want to put their finger in their ears and sing "lalalala" while making up flimsy excuses ("biased poll", "not everyone voted", "we don't suck because we leave every war after 3 days"...).
[/quote]

On a completely unrelated note, i cant wait for the succession of the throne, if its anything like earth succession its gonna get bloody, unless of course you have solved that problem inside the charter by defining a clear line of succession. Still there is always the threat of a coup or such during the transition, a weak leader being ousted by the stronger general.

Edited by lorddagon

[quote name='lorddagon' timestamp='1284605271' post='2455404']
On a completely unrelated note, i cant wait for the succession of the throne, if its anything like earth succession its gonna get bloody, unless of course you have solved that problem inside the charter by defining a clear line of succession. Still there is always the threat of a coup or such during the transition, a weak leader being ousted by the stronger general.
[/quote]

If you support my lineage, I will make my move. You can be my right hand man; with your razor sharp intellect you'll be able to create an empire alongside me.

Together, We can rule the Galaxy. And then, there will be peace...and prosperity for all.

:smug:

[/quote]

Congratulations on making a pointless post. I see you have not responded to my or anyone else suggestions on why Legion is a terrible alliance and have instead continued to counter with pointlessness or comment that Legion is great because its still here or it has enough inactive members to be sanctioned.

So instead i will simply ask this question. I think Legion is a terrible alliance, why am i wrong or what are you doing to improve this image?

[/quote]
CN alliances are nothing like RL countries. That is why a monarchy design works perfectly here and democracy is terrible.

EDIT: Democracy isn't that great in RL either, but that is another issue.

Edited by Ryuzaki

[quote name='anenu' timestamp='1284606187' post='2455434']
Congratulations on making a pointless post. I see you have not responded to my or anyone else suggestions on why Legion is a terrible alliance and have instead continued to counter with pointlessness or comment that Legion is great because its still here or it has enough inactive members to be sanctioned.

So instead i will simply ask this question. I think Legion is a terrible alliance, why am i wrong or what are you doing to improve this image?
[/quote]

I believe i stated at the beginning of the post that it was unrelated O.o what an i doing to improve the image? im volunteering for diplomat service. getting out there to tell people about my experience in the alliance, because my experience has been excellent so far. Sure i joined in the middle of reps so everyone was doing their own thing, but noone ignored me when i had a question or needed help. The people a little demented at times but fun to chat with, sure the government isnt perfect but i rather have the illusion of democracy, something i am very comfortable with since i was born in the U.S., than have no choice who rules me. The only bad experiences so far that i have had on bob is all this from the MK. All this hate and mudslinging has surprised me, i thought the image of the Alliance was everything, yet you people, in my mind, have degraded yourselves just to torment us. It gives me a bad taste of the MK that im sure will follow me around where ever i go.

[quote name='lorddagon' timestamp='1284609488' post='2455499']
I believe i stated at the beginning of the post that it was unrelated O.o what an i doing to improve the image? im volunteering for diplomat service. getting out there to tell people about my experience in the alliance, because my experience has been excellent so far. Sure i joined in the middle of reps so everyone was doing their own thing, but noone ignored me when i had a question or needed help. The people a little demented at times but fun to chat with, sure the government isnt perfect but i rather have the illusion of democracy, something i am very comfortable with since i was born in the U.S., than have no choice who rules me. The only bad experiences so far that i have had on bob is all this from the MK. All this hate and mudslinging has surprised me, i thought the image of the Alliance was everything, yet you people, in my mind, have degraded yourselves just to torment us. It gives me a bad taste of the MK that im sure will follow me around where ever i go.
[/quote]

you quoted someone and made a rather poorly attempted slight at MK meaning it wasn't really unrelated.

Also you seem to be unaware of the history of the alliance you are in and why people hate your alliance as much as they do. Your history as an alliance plus your generally poor performance in the fields warfare and alliance growth are what has earned you the title of WAE. This is not to say that WAE is exactly a proper name for it as alliance can out grow it, like GATO did or can disband and we find a new one, like GGA did. Personally i suggest asking people on IRC both within your alliance and those you are allied to as well as those who have generally faced off against you what they truly think of Legion and why they think that so you can gain an understanding of the reason it is considered so terrible of an alliance.

[quote name='anenu' timestamp='1284610631' post='2455513']
you quoted someone and made a rather poorly attempted slight at MK meaning it wasn't really unrelated.

Also you seem to be unaware of the history of the alliance you are in and why people hate your alliance as much as they do. Your history as an alliance plus your generally poor performance in the fields warfare and alliance growth are what has earned you the title of WAE. This is not to say that WAE is exactly a proper name for it as alliance can out grow it, like GATO did or can disband and we find a new one, like GGA did. Personally i suggest asking people on IRC both within your alliance and those you are allied to as well as those who have generally faced off against you what they truly think of Legion and why they think that so you can gain an understanding of the reason it is considered so terrible of an alliance.
[/quote]

Yes it is true, I have not read so extensively the history of the Legion. But what do I care of the mistakes of the past? What do I care if my Legion if flawed, I joined 6 months ago and these past 6 months have been pretty good. I think you people look too much at the past and not enough at the present and the future. For those who say we need to improve, we will. I will help improve the legion in any way I can. For those who call for our disbandment, are you really that afraid of a better Legion that you would have us quit before even trying? Afraid that when we are stronger we will remember your harsh words and repay in full what you have done to us? Ave.

Edited by lorddagon

[quote name='AAAAAAAAAAGGGG' timestamp='1284436293' post='2453259']
\m/, while terrible, has not been around long enough to really show their status as WAE. They're like a future failure as an alliance.
[/quote]

We love you too, you umbrella-wielding daffodil of a [s]degenerate mad-man[/s] upstanding gentleman.

what i'm not to sure about is what is the basis to lead people to think we are the worse alliance ever, they arent in The Legion, and if they used to be in the legion, they had to applied to it so they wanted to be in it at some point, and left for what ever reasons, but i'm pretty sure that the majority dont fall into that category, maybe they got kicked out of the alliance in that case they did something stupid and are now mad because they got in trouble for stupidity, but i still dont think most of you fall under that, what i think the real thing is, is that we have people jealous of us, envious of how awesome we are, hating on us because we're shining, and there for feel the need to talk smack and try and make them selves look better but in the long run looking pathetic, like so many songs mention haters wanna hate

[quote name='AAR0N' timestamp='1284642626' post='2455745']
we have people jealous of us, envious of how awesome we are, hating on us because we're shining, and there for feel the need to talk smack and try and make them selves look better but in the long run looking pathetic, like so many songs mention haters wanna hate
[/quote]

Could you quantify what it is I'm supposed to be jealous of?