The Best Friend an Alliance Could Have

LeonidasRexII

The Best Treaty Partner  

687 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Horatio Longworth' timestamp='1284079959' post='2448247']
Good sir, why isn't The Phoenix Federation on this list?
[/quote]

This.

[quote name='Kosh Naranek' timestamp='1284080321' post='2448255']
I refer you to the Karma War and [url="http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Coalition_of_Cowards"]this[/url].

I would say MK but there are a few other alliances in CnG that would be "the best friend an alliance could have."
[/quote]

That has to be one of the stupidest things I have ever heard, seriously. I'd like to refer you to [url=http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Karma_War#Hegemony]this[/url], TPF was the 4th alliance to enter the war for the Hegemony, and the 2nd to come to NPO's defense, and they were the absolute last alliance to leave the war. Look up some facts next time.

[quote name='LeonidasRexII' timestamp='1284080449' post='2448258']
Don't really know that much about them. Why don't you tell us why they should be on it?
[/quote]

If you don't know that for yourself, you lack the knowledge required to be making a poll such as this.

I vote for The Phoenix Federation, even though they are not on the poll.

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1284101271' post='2448665']
Avalon was the last alliance to leave the war, actually.
[/quote]

[url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=64503]Actually,[/url] they left the war at the same time. Avalon had a peace agreement which took effect when TPF surrendered.

Edited by memoryproblems

Poll needs some changes.

Firstly, why are the neutrals on there?

Secondly, I am pretty sure there are some alliances on there that are obviously not the most staunch allies, and some others that are fairly unproven. Shoutouts go to GATO for cancelling on an ally in the middle of a war, UPN for simply not following any of their treaties to war, and Guru Order for being in only one war (TOP-CnG) for a relatively short time on the winning side (a.k.a. unproven). There are probably others (for example, alliances that cancel important treaties right before wars or during wars are just shameful [although I wouldn't include somebody like ODN as their 'incident' happened quite a long time ago]), but those are the ones that come to mind.

In replacement of the five alliances mentioned above, I'd probably nominate TPF, FEAR, CCC, 1TF, and LSF (although TFD have a pretty clean record too :ph34r: ). :)

Edit: Other runner ups on my list would include FoB, NEW, and TSO (oh yes, I had to say it).

Edited by GearHead

Poison Clan should be up there, can't remember a time where they didn't go all out for their ally.

[quote name='lebubu' timestamp='1284118653' post='2448748']
TPF are UjP traitors, by the way.
[/quote]

Edited by Xavii

[quote name='foxfire99' timestamp='1284090700' post='2448486']
Not that it isn't interesting, but Mushroom Kingdom's members are really active on the forums and they (understandably) always vote for themselves.
[/quote]
Understandably? Personally I find it quite difficult to understand how they can get any satisfaction whatsoever from voting for themselves én masse to skew the results of polls. If anything their actions only serve to null the results of a poll in which they might have legitimately near the top anyway.

It might have been funny once, or even twice maybe, but it happens every single time and they're apparently still not bored of it. Weird.

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1284119956' post='2448759']
The ones that come to mind the fastest are MK, PC, FOK and FARK

Also the whole CoC side should not be in this poll.
[/quote]

Oh yeah Kriek, I forgot we were hiding and did not fight during Karma... and that there were no wars since...
This "CoC" argument is so silly as are all the propaganda line once too much used...

[quote name='Aimee Mann' timestamp='1284120447' post='2448762']
Understandably? Personally I find it quite difficult to understand how they can get any satisfaction whatsoever from voting for themselves én masse to skew the results of polls. If anything their actions only serve to null the results of a poll in which they might have legitimately near the top anyway.

It might have been funny once, or even twice maybe, but it happens every single time and they're apparently still not bored of it. Weird.
[/quote]
Alternatively, MK are good allies. Otherwise,

[img]http://knowyourmeme.com/i/000/052/812/original/Deal_with_it_dog_gif.gif?1275684729[/img]

[quote name='Horatio Longworth' timestamp='1284093838' post='2448568']
I remember the Karma War.
[/quote]
Me too. I remember when TPF was such a strong member of the CoC that the leader of TPF left out of disgust in TPF to fight the war by himself.

[quote name='Exige' timestamp='1284118214' post='2448744']
we don't only honour our treaties, we upload your flag as well :awesome:
[/quote]
Seriously right? Bias aside (ya right), I honestly can't think of a single treaty we canceled during my time in Norden Verein and now Nordreich. Let alone during a time of crisis. We choose our allies carefully and stick by them through thick and thin. Now we had quite a few cancel on us mind you. Not sure if that made us bad allies or not, but you'll certainly never find a group of more devout people than in the Nordland.

[quote name='Aimee Mann' timestamp='1284120447' post='2448762']

[/quote]
Or we could legitimately think we are the best at xyz and that is why we vote for ourselves.

EDIT: If we were doing it for entertainment value we would have been voting MHA.

Edited by Ryuzaki

[quote name='Seipher Caim' timestamp='1284120587' post='2448763']
Oh yeah Kriek, I forgot we were hiding and did not fight during Karma... and that there were no wars since...
This "CoC" argument is so silly as are all the propaganda line once too much used...
[/quote]

I said CoC but actually meant the coalition that canceled on Pacifica. Not sure what their name was.

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1284121303' post='2448770']
I said CoC but actually meant the coalition that canceled on Pacifica. Not sure what their name was.
[/quote]
[url=http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/CoC_Bloc]The CoC Bloc was the group of alliances that canceled on NPO at the beginning of Karma.[/url]

[quote name='Aimee Mann' timestamp='1284121185' post='2448767']
What a pathetically impotent response. Perhaps you should let someone else handle this.
[/quote]
To think that somehow MK has hijacked this thread by only voting for itself (i'm sure no other alliance has done this...) and that MK has gained its position solely from its own membership is incredibly simplistic (we may be active, but 1/4 of our alliance has not posted in this poll). As Ryuzaki points out, if we wanted to have fun, we would vote MHA. To make things more ridiculous, you also have no proof that we voted for ourselves, you are simply making assumptions. So you whine and moan instead of learning to deal with it.

[quote name='Captain Flinders' timestamp='1284121589' post='2448772']
[url=http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/CoC_Bloc]The CoC Bloc was the group of alliances that canceled on NPO at the beginning of Karma.[/url]
[/quote]

Thanks (I guess I got a bit confused with the CC name). So I was right the first time. To go into more depth and counter Seipher's argument. Yes the alliances made up the Coalition of Cowards did ultimately fight in Karma. But claiming it was purely for strategic reasons doesn't sit well with me.

Edited by kriekfreak

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1284122173' post='2448778']
Thanks (I guess I got a bit confused with the CC name). So I was right the first time. To go into more depth and counter Seipher's argument. Yes the alliances made up the Coalition of Cowards did ultimately fight in Karma. But claiming it was purely for strategic reasons doesn't sit well with me.
[/quote]

You're right, they didn't do it for strategic reasons.

They did it out of shame.

From my experience, TOP was a fantastic ally. From my review, IAA and CSN (the ones that backed up GATO) were stalwart alliances as well. And how is TPF in this discussion? If it wasn't a curbstomp, they weren't in (until they were shamed into Karma). Maybe things are different now, but TPF for most of its history was one of the more opportunist alliances in the Cyberverse.

Legion changed from their beat-down years ago. In Karma, we weren't even considered part of CoC, as immediately when asked to go to war, we voted (Around 220-90 Y/N if I remember correctly, which says somrething considering history) and went to war in short time, dishing out more to just Ragnorak than we took in total. We also faced LoSS, and two other alliances, in total dishing out much more than we received.

Of course, the only thing CN will ever remember is GWII. They will always be blind to The [new] Legion's honor and lethality.

Also, 50-5. Popularity poll.

Edited by Teddyyo