UOKMB war with GOONS

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1283905897' post='2445955']
Heh, what goes around comes around, the world has a long memory and you wont always be so well connected with allies you dont deserve...
[/quote]
People have been saying this since we were created. But all they do is talk smack and wait for someone else to do it.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1283908377' post='2445995']
GOONS v2 is immortal, gotcha...
[/quote]
No, all you said is "I disagree with you, but one day someone will destroy you."

All I said is, "I doubt it will be you."

Edited by Beefspari

Heh, what goes around comes around, the world has a long memory and you wont always be so well connected with allies you dont deserve...
[/quote]

Hold on, this is missing something...

[color="#0000FF"]Heh, what goes around comes around, the world has a long memory and you wont always be so well connected with allies you dont deserve...[/color]
[/quote]

There we go.

Some random updates from the information tonight:

Biazt rebought soldiers after a nuke and thwarted two GAs.

None of them can be navied anymore (Sardonic tried).

Tristesse shot down 28 bombers in one defending air raid.

Bloodjewel managed to dodge three nukes.

UOKMB's highest nation is now the same NS as their lowest nation was two days ago.

After 2 days of nukes their NSes are dropping a lot and the lower-tier GOONS are swimming around like sharks waiting for a bite.

Everything they do they are inept at. It took them 4 nukes to hit me, there has been 1 GA since they nuked, no CMs, and no aircraft attacks. Also as stated earlier I can't launch any navy attacks on them and my cash reserve has a difference of 4 million from when they attacked me due to all the money I'm stealing. I love this rogue incident!

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1283876089' post='2445410']
What are people mad at GOONS about here? I don't understand what the issue is.
[/quote]
They first-struck nuked a microalliance and are now whining, claiming that the micro is nuke roguing them.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1283896331' post='2445738']
Say what you will about the morality of using unaligned as nuclear testing grounds but our member was not a rogue, we have no set policy about using nukes in tech raiding, though we generally discourage it.
[/quote]
You will find that the general practice is to only fire nukes in retaliation to other nukes.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1283926139' post='2446337']
They first-struck nuked a microalliance and are now whining, claiming that the micro is nuke roguing them.
[/quote]
Point out the whining. We're gloating, genius.

You will find that the general practice is to only fire nukes in retaliation to other nukes.
[/quote]
Oh, 'the general practice'. Yes, we'll be sure to come to you for tips on 'the general practice' next time, Haflinger. You know, since you're writing a book on the subject, it seems.

[/quote]
There's a lot of whining here, but not by GOONS. There's whining about tech raiding, whining about what makes an alliance, whining about what makes a rogue, whining about when to nuke, whining about sanctions, and whining about using allies. I don't see any GOONS complaining about when to use nukes.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1283927320' post='2446349']
There's a lot of whining here, but not by GOONS. There's whining about tech raiding, whining about what makes an alliance, whining about what makes a rogue, whining about when to nuke, whining about sanctions, and whining about using allies. I don't see any GOONS complaining about when to use nukes.
[/quote]
They whined to a Black senator, and got the expected reward of sanctions.

If they had any balls at all, they'd just fight. These guys fighting them are (a) defending themselves and (b) kinda sucky at war.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1283927490' post='2446354']

If they had any balls at all, they'd just fight. These guys fighting them are (a) defending themselves and (b) kinda sucky at war.
[/quote]

Whined? Ah, yes. I also whined to my nukes and my pilots. You know, because using tools available to you against a group of rogues is considered whining. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1283927490' post='2446354']

[/quote]
All I hear is whining about sanctions, sorry.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1283907862' post='2445986']
People have been saying this since we were created. But all they do is talk smack and wait for someone else to do it.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Once I have a full set of wonders I will personally destroy your alliance, and I will do so while singing of "Guys and Dolls." In the meantime, however, I can only praise those of the likes of UOKMB for having the courage and moral fortitude to try where others have not. Godspeed friends.[/color]

Edited by Rebel Virginia

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1283927320' post='2446349']
[/quote]

Your alliance, or actually one specific member, is indeed whining--about a great number of things and people, but not in this part of the forums, no...and it is more ironic than I ever thought possible.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1283928955' post='2446365']
Your alliance, or actually one specific member, is indeed whining--about a great number of things and people, but not in this part of the forums, no...and it is more ironic than I ever thought possible.
[/quote]

Wow, can you be any more vague? :blink:

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1283928715' post='2446364']
[color="#0000FF"]Once I have a full set of wonders I will personally destroy your alliance, and I will do so while singing of "Guys and Dolls." In the meantime, however, I can only praise those of the likes of UOKMB for having the courage and moral fortitude to try where others have not. Godspeed friends.[/color]
[/quote]
Hopefully you do it with more than a 2-month warchest. Although that partially depends on if we don't declare in pre-emptive self-defense first. I'm at least fairly confident you'd put up a better fight.

Actually, given the anti-GOONS moral crusade going on here I'm surprised an NSO "individual" hasn't sent them aid yet.

[/quote]

When I made that comment the point of displeasure seemed to revolve around GOONS allowing allies to join in, a contention which is retarded on its face. However, I do have to say that nuking tech raid targets isn't how one should go about things in my opinion (unless the tech raid has become a war). Though, such a trivial mistake hardly deserves an OWF dog and pony show. It's obviously not their standard procedure, and all that happened here is someone deviated from the normal practice and nothing more.

Now that I think about it, my mistake, everything deserves a public spectacle where everyone can take sides over every minute detail and piss and moan till the thread is 50 pages at a minimum, what was I thinking.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1283929427' post='2446370']
Although that partially depends on if we don't declare in pre-emptive self-defense first.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I have pre-emptively entered peace mode.

As for UOKMB, I do believe you raided them a long time ago. I cannot fault them for wanting revenge. I know I would. I can only hope that you reconsidering your raiding habits as a result of this war.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1283930038' post='2446376']
[color="#0000FF"]I can only hope that you reconsidering your raiding habits as a result of this war.[/color]
[/quote]
Well I can't lie, it's certainly spurred a few discussions regarding the way we handle ourselves in consideration of the future of our alliance.

<dalstrs> new goon policy, nuke all tech raids on the last day

EDIT: Did you really go into peace mode? I thought it would be funny to wait until you're one wonder away from being ready. Or just bought your last one, since you told us your plan in advance.

Edited by Beefspari

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1283924948' post='2446327']
Some random updates from the information tonight:

Biazt rebought soldiers after a nuke and thwarted two GAs.

None of them can be navied anymore (Sardonic tried).

Tristesse shot down 28 bombers in one defending air raid.

Bloodjewel managed to dodge three nukes.

UOKMB's highest nation is now the same NS as their lowest nation was two days ago.

After 2 days of nukes their NSes are dropping a lot and the lower-tier GOONS are swimming around like sharks waiting for a bite.
[/quote]

You know this isn't real right?
While you interfere with yourself in a bedsit over shooting down enemy planes on a computer screen the rest of us get on with our lives which involve fresh air, and quite often other actual people. That we talk to.