UOKMB war with GOONS

[quote name='Heinlander' timestamp='1283873755' post='2445368']
Then how do you propose that UOKMB ruined it? If our reputation among people we generally loathe is reduced while our allies cheer us on then it's not really a moral victory for them is it?
[/quote]

Reading comprehension is your friend. GOONS didn't have any credibility in the first place before this war took place.

Edited by Swanfield

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Swanfield' timestamp='1283873840' post='2445370']
Reading comprehension is your friend. GOONS didn't have any credibility in the first place before this war took place.
[/quote]
You try to hard man.

[quote name='Swanfield' timestamp='1283873840' post='2445370']
[/quote]The $90mil we're getting as reps from NSO/Corinan says otherwise. And we didn't even [i]want[/i] those. Most of our members would rather go to war with NSO. It's practically appeasement.

[quote name='Xavii' timestamp='1283872918' post='2445346']
I know we did, and I don't see any GOONS members crying. Sure they could have handled these guys alone, but why should they? If their allies can better cover their bigger nations not asking for help would be retarded, why force more damage on your own alliance then you need to?
[/quote]

Pride is the answer to that, I think.
Starting wars then running for help. That shown no pride whatsoever.
I think that's where you and I differ so much. YOu take enormous pride in the amount of tech you have bought yet not in the ability to fight a war you have started.
Bizarre priorities.

[quote name='Franz Ferdinand' timestamp='1283874012' post='2445375']
Nobody loses in this war... just think of the sweet sweet casualties which either side will gain from this. Just the thought of that makes me want to blow up some Voltorbs in delight.
[/quote]

The post heard round the world.

The Citizens of Coffee are a sedate lot, but do love an occasional explosion.

[quote name='Heinlander' timestamp='1283874231' post='2445378']
The $90mil we're getting as reps from NSO/Corinan says otherwise. And we didn't even [i]want[/i] those. Most of our members would rather go to war with NSO. It's practically appeasement.
[/quote]

Keep on living in cuckoo land and believing in your delusions of grandeur if you wish, I'm off to do some errands.

[quote name='blindswelledrat' timestamp='1283874302' post='2445380']
Pride is the answer to that, I think.
Starting wars then running for help. That shown no pride whatsoever.
I think that's where you and I differ so much. YOu take enormous pride in the amount of tech you have bought yet not in the ability to fight a war you have started.
Bizarre priorities.
[/quote]
Pride is pointless. Pride gets you rolled under better alliances while you claim moral victory.

The $90mil we're getting as reps from NSO/Corinan says otherwise. And we didn't even [i]want[/i] those. Most of our members would rather go to war with NSO. It's practically appeasement.
[/quote]

I thought this had more to do with the GOONS keeping their word and not holding the incident against the Sith as a whole. But whatever gets the job done, I guess.

Back on topic, give 'em hell UOKMB - sounds like it's exactly what the GOONS are looking for.

[quote name='Xavii' timestamp='1283874168' post='2445377']
You try to hard man.
[/quote]

He tries to do WHAT? :blink:

:awesome:

Seriously, though, hope everyone's having fun with this. TKF, you were a good friend in this game.

[/quote]

You guys have your hands full with a alliance of 8 nations, I wouldn't want to see you up against a 123 member alliance.

One even just coming out of a war.

Edited by nutkase

[quote name='Ferrozoica Hive' timestamp='1283874663' post='2445393']
I thought this had more to do with the GOONS keeping their word and not holding the incident against the Sith as a whole. But whatever gets the job done, I guess.
[/quote]
We would have attacked dopp (and only dopp) if he or NSO hadn't paid. If they defended him and countered the nations attacking dopp, then it would have been something. But fortunately for NSO it did not go that way.

[quote name='nutkase' timestamp='1283875338' post='2445401']
You guys have your hands full with a alliance of 8 nations, I wouldn't want to see you up against a 123 member alliance.

[/quote]
We held our own in the TOP-G&G war and have only grown since, it is regretful that you show such disdain for us.

[quote name='nutkase' timestamp='1283875338' post='2445401']

[/quote]

Dont be silly, it would just be another NSO curbstomp, remember GOONS are pathetic in the mid-tier, so if they really wanted war with NSO it would be only if they brought afew allies in with them, otherwise they wouldnt of been able to stand a chance :P

Edited by the rebel

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1283875127' post='2445397']
Thanks for the well-wishing! And we are enjoying the wars. I'm eager to see what the second round of declarations looks like.
[/quote]
Do you want to assign us targets next time round?

Genuine question since I've had PMs asking me to put them on the list for future rounds

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1283876089' post='2445410']
What are people mad at GOONS about here? I don't understand what the issue is.
[/quote]
We don't play fair or something by letting allies join in. I believe we were supposed to put one hand behind our back and fight within the pre-set rules that the rogues expected us to fight by. Pride and honor and all that.

[quote name='mattski133' timestamp='1283876575' post='2445417']
I am new here but I don't believe there needs to be an issue for people to be mad at GOONS.
[/quote]
In fact, I don't think I could've said it better myself.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1283876786' post='2445423']
letting allies join in.
[/quote]

That's the only issue here. Their allies requested to get in on some rogue action and GOONS said have at it.

And this generated 6 pages of crying? Seriously?

What the hell is wrong with you people lately.

After all the grand-standing that has taken place here, here are the facts regarding us.

1. The people we hate, don't care about, or otherwise would expect to hate us still hate us.
2. The people we respect, like, and are allied with us like us even more than previously for giving them a few fights.

Status quo is unchanged despite all this blathering about how our credibility has been ruined and whatnot.

Also, to those of you that may not understand the mechanics of alliance wars due to being infra-hugging alliances, having friends in low places like ourselves (toilet cleaners, if you will) is quite valuable. After all, if we don't keep that turd down it'll just grow back eventually and bother our friends again. We can't have that.

[quote name='thekirbyfake' timestamp='1283876406' post='2445414']
Do you want to assign us targets next time round?

Genuine question since I've had PMs asking me to put them on the list for future rounds
[/quote]
No, I'd hate to do that because there are so many hoping for it that I'd have to personally be the one to deprive people of targets. It'd be much better if you guys hit them yourselves. It would be a surprise gift.

If you do somehow come out of anarchy for round two though, GOONS would appreciate it if you declared on as many different targets as possible to spread the love.