Hunt Notice

thedestro

[quote name='Altheus' timestamp='1283948306' post='2446497']
It's relevent because he's blaming UPN for USN leaving CA. I quote "This would be [u]UPN's[/u] handy work."
[/quote]

It is very disheartening to hear you confirm the Cora's decision to withdraw USN from CA was based upon a personal relationship.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Thunder Strike' timestamp='1283949195' post='2446500']
It is very disheartening to hear you confirm the Cora's decision to withdraw USN from CA was based upon a personal relationship.
[/quote]
Huh?

He didn't say that. He said Cora didn't like a group of people. Now maybe you'd like to explain how disliking a group means there's a personal relationship involved.

You should also note that Cora was and is supported by the USN membership. She's not a dictator. They are, you know, a democracy.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1283950669' post='2446511']
Huh?

He didn't say that. He said Cora didn't like a group of people. Now maybe you'd like to explain how disliking a group means there's a personal relationship involved.

You should also note that Cora was and is supported by the USN membership. She's not a dictator. They are, you know, a democracy.
[/quote]

He replied specifically to Xiph, who is not a group of people, but a person. I think.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1283950669' post='2446511']
Huh?

[/quote]

There was a little bit of saber-rattling over that issue at a certain time...

[quote name='Thunder Strike' timestamp='1283951984' post='2446522']
He replied specifically to Xiph, who is not a group of people, but a person. I think.
[/quote]

Ask Cora if interested. I get the impression that it's a number of people in maroon though rather than just Xiph.

[quote name='Goose' timestamp='1283998587' post='2447249']
Dear UPN,

I'd like to bring it to your attention that someone finally asked me to sanction thedestro.

Regards,
Goose
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Secret trades....

Was the sanction everything UPN hoped for?[/color]

[quote name='TECUMSEH' timestamp='1283910914' post='2446042']
And kudos to Maroon for refusing to sanction a turtling, nuclear rogue. But, that's Maroon and that's thedestro.
[/quote]

So someone finally got around to asking for sanctions, after it's complained we didn't have ESP and preemptive sanction this guy:, Oh looky-der, he was prepared and had the "sekret" aids. Way to fail at complaining guys.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1283998912' post='2447256']
[color="#0000FF"]Secret trades....

Was the sanction everything UPN hoped for?[/color]
[/quote]

UPN you got me agreeing and laughing along with RV.. that's just wrong guys.

[quote name='Midkn1ght' timestamp='1284001374' post='2447297']
So someone finally got around to asking for sanctions, after it's complained we didn't have ESP and preemptive sanction this guy:, Oh looky-der, he was prepared and had the "sekret" aids. Way to fail at complaining guys.

UPN you got me agreeing and laughing along with RV.. that's just wrong guys.
[/quote]

Let us all be honest here.
Stop playing dumb and cease taunting UPN. Nobody, inside or outside of UPN expected otherwise than for TheDestro to have secret trades.
If he had not done so after the amount of preparation he put into his "revenge" he would have been declared the greatest failure in the history of planet Bob.

What was important in the whole discussion about the sanctions not (yet) granted, was the the alliances the senator belongs to actually supported the rogue action against UPN because of the refusal to take action.
Nobody expected the sanction to make any difference, but granting/refusing a sanction sends a clear signal if the actions from the rogue are endorsed by the senator and (in the extension of that) the alliance the senator belongs to.

I was wrong. I requested sanctions on the 7th and, as noted, Goose sanctioned him. Thank you, Goose and my apologies for characterizations that were untrue.

And, of course, they're largely symbolic -- or entirely symbolic. But Andre makes the point, IMO, as to why that's important.

Anyway, to reiterate -- I was wrong -- certainly dead wrong about Goose (and by extension CSN).

[quote name='Andre27' timestamp='1284032361' post='2447536']
Stop playing dumb and cease taunting UPN. Nobody, inside or outside of UPN expected otherwise than for TheDestro to have secret trades.
What was important in the whole discussion about the sanctions not (yet) granted, was the the alliances the senator belongs to actually supported the rogue action against UPN because of the refusal to take action.
Nobody expected the sanction to make any difference, but granting/refusing a sanction sends a clear signal if the actions from the rogue are endorsed by the senator and (in the extension of that) the alliance the senator belongs to.
[/quote]

Nah, I don't buy this. What does UPN care whether or not Maroon "supports" me? It's common knowledge Marooners' feelings towards UPN are something akin to "They can go DIAF," and nothing has changed- with the exception that this disdain is now coupled with "I pity UPN.."

[quote name='thedestro' timestamp='1284040384' post='2447612']
Nah, I don't buy this. What does UPN care whether or not Maroon "supports" me?
[/quote]

It's common politics, perhaps you've heard of this hideous yet persistent thing roaming planet bob.
E.g. a nation on the yellow team goes rogue on e.g. CSN and the yellow senators refuse to grant the request for a sanction. By doing so they enable the rogue nation to (potentially) do more damage and CSN would be at the very least upset with the yellow senators and the alliances they represent.

Edited by Andre27

[quote name='Andre27' timestamp='1284040792' post='2447618']
It's common politics, perhaps you've heard of this hideous yet persistent thing roaming planet bob.
E.g. a nation on the yellow team goes rogue on e.g. CSN and the yellow senators refuse to grant the request for a sanction. By doing so they enable the rogue nation to (potentially) do more damage and CSN would be at the very least upset with the yellow senators and the alliances they represent.
[/quote]
Yes, CSN/Maroon honestly [i]want[/i] UPN political favor, that's why they did it.

I don't think anybody's buying it.

[quote name='thedestro' timestamp='1284041153' post='2447626']
Yes, CSN/Maroon honestly [i]want[/i] UPN political favor, that's why they did it.

I don't think anybody's buying it.
[/quote]

It is part of the common diplomatic courtesy between alliances which is kept up between the wars.
Don't try to make any more of this than it is.
I'm sure you love all the attention you're getting, but this doesn't make the actions of a rogue any less childish.

andre's apparently crying because he hates rogues with every fiber of his being. No one cares man, we appreciate thedestro putting up a show and I, for one, like seeing Altheus NS just drop drastically. It's kind of cool to see.

Also:

[quote]To: The MVP From: President Isaac Date: 9/8/2010 5:17:00 PM

Subject: hey

Message: so why are u attacking me u know i have allies who will destroy u if u lose this war or if i ask them to [/quote]

Attacked me on land twice then sent me a peace offer. :P

Edited by The MVP

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1284042389' post='2447643']
andre's apparently crying because he hates rogues with every fiber of his being. No one cares man, we appreciate thedestro putting up a show and I, for one, like seeing Altheus NS just drop drastically. It's kind of cool to see.

[/quote]

How could i forget this basic fact: if someone does not share your opinion it's "crying".
While it is true that i severely dislike the whole "going rogue" thing and find it immature, this does not invalidate the points i raised about the sanctions.

Also before calling bias, your undying admiration for UPN (or your attempts grasp a few moments of fame on planet bob) are plain to see for anyone with their eyes open.

[quote name='Andre27' timestamp='1284040792' post='2447618']
[/quote]

I wonder how UPN felt when Maroon refused to sanction me...

Also sanctions are a double-edged sword. They make hurt a nation by taking away trades, but they also hurt the nations that are trading with the sanctioned nation. I do not believe sanctions are necessary when dealing with something as simple as a rogue and should only be used in extreme cases.

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1283620798' post='2441498']
You're threatening people for even SAYING they would like to aid Destro?
[/quote]

I would like to aid destro. :awesome:

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1283620503' post='2441492']
PZI and EZI is unacceptable. Don't even try it.
[/quote]

Seriously, he'll cut you.

Good luck on your righteous crusade destro. I'll be rooting for you.

[quote name='SWAT128' timestamp='1284043840' post='2447659']
I wonder how UPN felt when Maroon refused to sanction me...

Also sanctions are a double-edged sword. They make hurt a nation by taking away trades, but they also hurt the nations that are trading with the sanctioned nation. I do not believe sanctions are necessary when dealing with something as simple as a rogue and should only be used in extreme cases.
[/quote]

UPN probably didn't like it as should be obvious from my previous post.

While it is true that sanctions are a double edged sword at this time it is not possible to place a sanction for a specific resource such as Uranium.
The denial of Uranium to prevent a rogue nation to restock on nukes is the most common reason to request a sanction.

[quote name='Andre27' timestamp='1284043055' post='2447648']
How could i forget this basic fact: if someone does not share your opinion it's "crying".
While it is true that i severely dislike the whole "going rogue" thing and find it immature, this does not invalidate the points i raised about the sanctions.

Also before calling bias, your undying admiration for UPN (or your attempts grasp a few moments of fame on planet bob) are plain to see for anyone with their eyes open.
[/quote]

Yet people know about me much more than they know about you. Perhaps it's because I like to have [i]fun[/i]. I know such a concept is likely lost on you, and you prefer the "I love my infra no need to lose it in unnnecessary action" from your feelings on rogue, but I'm really not looking for your permission to do as I please.

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1284051085' post='2447746']
Yet people know about me much more than they know about you. Perhaps it's because I like to have [i]fun[/i]. I know such a concept is likely lost on you, and you prefer the "I love my infra no need to lose it in unnnecessary action" from your feelings on rogue, but I'm really not looking for your permission to do as I please.
[/quote]

Did you just call me an infra hugger? Perhaps you should check my nation's casualty. I've probably participated in more (nuclear ) wars than you.
Also, being able to discuss a topic seriously does not mean an inability to "have fun".

I do not know your age, but judging from your responses you've got a great deal of growing up to do.

Edited by Andre27

[quote name='Andre27' timestamp='1284051440' post='2447755']
Did you just call me an infra hugger? Perhaps you should check my nation's casualty. I've probably participated in more (nuclear ) wars than you.
Also, being able to discuss a topic seriously does not mean an inability to "have fun".

I do not know your age, but judging from your responses you've got a great deal of growing up to do.
[/quote]

Yes you can judge the character of someone's [OOC] age [/OOC] by comments you disagree with.

You decided to fault destro and I for having fun, and went as far to suggest things about us. What'd you expect, me to respond to you by giving you chocolates and flowers?

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1284051658' post='2447758']
Yes you can judge the character of someone's [OOC] age [/OOC] by comments you disagree with.

You decided to fault destro and I for having fun, and went as far to suggest things about us. What'd you expect, me to respond to you by giving you chocolates and flowers?
[/quote]

I can judges responses and those displayed by yourself do not show maturity and hence my remark "that you need to grow up"

And i said i do not approve of "going rogue". In my opinion letting grudges guide you like that does not reflect in a positive manner.

B.t.w. I'll take those chocolates and flowers now. I'm sure i can pass them along to someone :P