64Digits Announcement

[center][img]http://64digits.com/users/HeroofTime55/64D_Flag.png[/img][/center]

I am proud to present the Source Code of 64Digits.

[quote]Section 0 - Preamble
64Digits is a sovereign, white team alliance. This document, known as the Source Code, or the Source for short, is the charter of 64Digits, the core guiding document of the alliance. It is the supreme law of the land and may not be violated.

Section 1 - Member Rights
-Members have a right to leave the alliance during times of peace.
-Members have the right to speak their minds freely and without consequence on our private boards.
-Members have a right to speak their mind in public so long as they do not cause a direct threat to the alliance as a whole.
-Members explicitly have a right to disagree with the government, and are encouraged to voice these disagreements on our private forums.
-Members have a right to possess any weapons they choose.
-The Governing bodies of 64Digits are explicitly barred from curtailing these enumerated rights of members.

Section 2 - Member Responsibilities
-Members have a responsibility to support the alliance in times of war.
-Members have a responsibility to defend the alliance and each other.
-Members may not attack nations except those cleared for attack by the law and policies of 64Digits.
-Members must follow the orders of commanding officers.
-Members have a responsibility to voice their disagreements with the government on the private forums.
-Members must be on the White team. Exceptions may be made to this rule in special cases.
-All members have a responsibility to uphold and abide by the full text of the Source Code.

Section 3 - Applying for membership
-Prospective members must follow the instructions listed on the forums to apply for membership.
-Anyone is permitted to apply for membership.
-In order to be accepted, nations must be in war mode, have no outstanding wars, and have no unresolved issues with external alliances. They will be protected from further aggression during the application process, but outstanding conflicts will not be interfered with.
-The Head of State is assigned the power to accept or reject membership, and to require additional criteria to be met.

Section 4 - Head of State
-The Head of State is identified by the title "Lead Programmer."
-The Lead Programmer must be a member of 64Digits.
-The Lead Programmer is the sovereign of 64Digits, all powers and authorities not explicitly denied by the Source Code are assigned to him or her.
-The Lead Programmer may appoint an Assistant Programmer, to serve as second in command of the alliance. The Assistant Programmer has all the powers of the Lead Programmer, except he or she may be overruled by the Lead Programmer.
-The Lead Programmer may create and dissolve additional government bodies as necessity dictates, and may assign to these bodies the ability to exercise portions of his or her authority.
-The Lead Programmer serves in his or her capacity for life, until he chooses to retire, at which point he or she will appoint a replacement. In the event the Lead Programmer is permanently incapacitated, the title will automatically transfer to the Assistant Programmer, who otherwise serves as the Acting Head of State in the absence of the Lead Programmer.
-The Lead Programmer, first and foremost, has a responsibility to the alliance, and it is his or her duty to uphold the alliance and guide it.
-The Lead Programmer has the sole authority to sign and dissolve treaties, agreements, and contracts with external parties on behalf of 64Digits, and this power is not transferred to the Assistant Programmer, except when explicitly granted to him or her, or in the event the Lead Programmer becomes incapacitated or unavailable for an extended period. Other Governing Bodies are not forbidden from adding their signatures to such documents.
-The Lead Programmer, in upholding his or her duty to the alliance, has an explicit responsibility to honor all contractual agreements and obligations with external parties.

Section 5 - The Senior Advisors
-The Senior Advisors are individuals who have retired from the role of Lead Programmer or Assistant Programmer. They primarily serve as a source of advice, wisdom, and experience, to the Governing Bodies of 64Digits.
-Senior Advisors must remain members of 64Digits.
-The Lead Programmer may assign some of his or her authority to the Senior Advisors, as a group or as individuals.
-The Senior Advisors are lead by one of their own, identified by the title "Chancellor"
-The Chancellor is intended to be someone with a close relationship to the Lead Programmer, and they are expected to step aside to be replaced when another Senior Advisor best serves in that role.
-The Senior Advisors, in conjunction with the Assistant Programmer, have the authority, as outlined below, to overrule the Lead Programmer is they feel his or her decisions present a grave detriment to the alliance. These decisions may not be made along political lines and must be in accordance with the full text of the Source Code.
-In order to overrule the Lead Programmer, both the Assistant Programmer and a majority of the Senior Advisors, with ties being broken by the Chancellor, must agree to enact this term of the Source Code.

Section 6 - General Membership
-The General Membership is composed of the body of full members to the alliance, excluding the Lead Programmer, the Assistant Programmer, and the Senior Advisors.
-The General Membership may be presented with matters to vote on, and is encouraged to contribute ideas and advice to the alliance.

Section 7 - Dissolution
-64Digits may not be dissolved or disbanded by any Act of the Governing Bodies. 64Digits will only cease to exist when no members remain.
-64Digits may only merge into another alliance with the consent of the Lead Programmer, the Assistant Programmer, the unanimous consent of the Senior Advisors, and a three fourths plus one vote of approval by the general membership.

Section 8 - Amendments
-Amendments may be made to the Source Code by consent of the Lead Programmer, the Assistant Programmer, a majority of the Senior Advisors with the Chancellor's vote deciding ties, and a one half plus one vote of approval by the general membership.

Section 9 - Signatures
Signed and enacted into law this day, on the 26th of August, 2010,
HeroofTime55 of New XGA, Lead Programmer of 64Digits
Kitsune of Valian, Assistant Programmer of 64Digits
Magicman657 of Magi Nation, Chancellor of 64Digits[/quote]

As you can see, Kitsune of Valian has been appointed to serve as my Assistant Programmer, and Magicman657 has retired to become a Senior Advisor. That's the current government structure of the alliance.

As a reminder, our forums are located [url="http://cybernations.64digits.com/forums/"]here[/url] and our IRC presence is located at #cn64 on irc.coldfront.net.

Thank you.

[quote name='Shakira' timestamp='1282874408' post='2432284']
Congrats to our brothers at 64Digits.

o/ 64D
[/quote]

GO HOME, SHAKIRA.
GO HOME, HoT.

[img]http://www.mccullagh.org/db9/d30-32/hippies-go-home-1.jpg[/img]

Edited by Desperado

[quote name='Eregor' timestamp='1282874747' post='2432295']
Congratulations!

Of course, since you've posted your source code, does that mean that 64Digits is now an open-source alliance? ;)
[/quote]

BAHAHA ;)

I too want to wish you congrats and all! :)

oo/ 64D

[quote name='Eregor' timestamp='1282874747' post='2432295']
Congratulations!

Of course, since you've posted your source code, does that mean that 64Digits is now an open-source alliance? ;)
[/quote]

The thread has been won. No need for any further comments.

[color="#0000FF"]Dear Gentlemen, Scholars, and Gentlemen of Ill Repute,

Congratulations on the new charter. 64D has been a solid friend to the NSO ever since HoT's return. I wish you the best of luck with your future, and judging by your recent membership growth, I am hoping you will find it.

You sunk my battleship,
Rebel Virginia[/color]

We will watch 64Digits with caution. If you are friends of the Sith, then you're not yet friends of ours, but could possibly be, depending upon how the treaties chain and what-not.

Um...

We're still watching you with caution. (/me gnashes teeth and wags a finger in your direction)

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1283030399' post='2434139']
64Digits was founded shortly before the first Unjust War, and our charter has always been called the "Source Code." If anything, you guys should be paying us royalties :P
[/quote]
:mellow: Hm, I should read better... I thought this was a DoE :blush:

Well, I suppose we're something like a democratic version of 64Digits? :P
Or 64Digits a monarchic version of OSA? :smug: jk :P

I take it neither of us knew of the other's existance, though I'd have to ask our founders?

Well I founded 64Digits. I was aware of OSA's existence, but at the time I was... Absent from this world. On a trek back in time to retrieve a certain "lens of truth" from a certain well in a certain village. Part of my duties as a Hero of Time. I swear, I was only gone for twenty minutes. Time travel is so unreliable. Ask that nut who zooms around in a blue box. He knows.

At any rate, during that time, 64Digits had suffered heavy losses as a result of the Karma war, mostly disappearing from public view, and I myself was unable to make contact. Otherwise I probably would have.