Worst Alliance Ever

Chickenzilla

[quote name='Kzoppistan' timestamp='1282534843' post='2427219']
Well that was stupid. What a waste of my time; the title should be "The most unpopular alliances as ranked by a few people who may or may not be clustered together in their biases. Also, they can't sit at out lunch table."

I would actually like to see some one tackle this idea from a more objective angle, using the scientific method and measurable benchmarks.
[/quote]

Is TFD in? They'd definitely have a chance, this post scientifically prooved it.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Daniel P' timestamp='1282541247' post='2427340']
Why I got to go on a different Forum just to choose.

Why not put a poll or let a person just put the worst alliance on this tread and you(Chickenzilla) just tally up the posts.
[/quote]
You guys will most likely beat IAA and move on to the next round though, so you got nothing to worry about.

[quote name='Alfred von Tirpitz' timestamp='1282541427' post='2427345']
You guys will most likely beat IAA and move on to the next round though, so you got nothing to worry about.
[/quote]

In a biased poll. Why not put the poll on this site and let the people decide. (and not going to a off-site to registered on)

And I don't really care about the poll. I only care about being fair and balanced.

[quote name='Daniel P' timestamp='1282541642' post='2427352']
In a biased poll. Why not put the poll on this site and let the people decide. (and not going to a off-site to registered on)

And I don't really care about the poll. I only care about being fair and balanced.
[/quote]

It is much more unbiased than you might think. Also, there are certain advantages to it being offsite.

[quote name='der_ko' timestamp='1282519986' post='2427025']
I'd love to see this "contest" done on the OWF, but I seriously doubt the thread would survive for very long before igniting a flamewar.

Also, it's a travesty GDA was knocked out so early.
[/quote]
Yeah, GDA is bad. They could probably rival The Legion. At least the Legion drags their suck out over a long period of time. GDA makes brief stints of full force fail. They havent been in the news much lately. That makes me sad actually. They make me lol. :(

GOD has violated the NPO. bahahahahaha, still makes me laugh.

[quote name='KainIIIC' timestamp='1282539773' post='2427322']
That's what puzzles me. Even if you don't like AlterEgo as a poster, BAPS are decent fighters and at least have more active nations than fingers on your hand. I couldn't say the same for WP.
[/quote]
Alterego is the reason they got this far.

[quote name='uaciaut' timestamp='1282541027' post='2427335']
Is TFD in? They'd definitely have a chance, this post scientifically prooved it.
[/quote]

Yes we are, and you're right. But unfortunately due to the horrible bias, we got knocked out in the second round. :ph34r:

[quote name='GearHead' timestamp='1282553366' post='2427525']
Yes we are, and you're right. But unfortunately due to the horrible bias, we got knocked out in the second round. :ph34r:
[/quote]

i don't know about you but the guy before with "scientific method and measurable benchmarks" was just hilarious. Shame he didn't post that before you were knocked out though, would've given you a fighting chance.

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1282534943' post='2427221']
Considering that this is a poll on MK's boards, clearly the winner is going to be the SOS Brigade.

Biased poll is biased.
[/quote]
I guess no one likes Anime!

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1282539318' post='2427316']
How BAPS beat Wolfpack is a bit of a mystery. Obviously it's out of respect for Wolfpack's serious war-fighting skills... or something.
[/quote]
I lost that bracket too iirc. :(

[quote name='Hymenbreach' timestamp='1282551473' post='2427511']
Your hate is what has kept Legion alive, so well done.[/quote]
It's mutually beneficial then.

[quote name='Hymenbreach' timestamp='1282551473' post='2427511']
Also, no ODN?
[/quote]
You're good at reading this thread.

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1282537666' post='2427288']
Your obession with Penkala and CSN is borderline creepy, you should check into that
[/quote]

hahahaha. Now that's funny. [b][i]I'm[/i][/b] obsessed with [b][i]him[/i][/b].

[i][color="#FF0000"][b]/me goes to check on how many threads/blogs he's started about Penkala but can't find any[/b][/color][/i]

[quote name='Alfred von Tirpitz' timestamp='1282541884' post='2427358']
It is much more unbiased than you might think. Also, there are certain advantages to it being offsite.
[/quote]

One being controlling which alliances/members of CN can vote? That'd be the "unfair" part of the voting they're talking about.

Wow, finally got access to the MK forums, and just wow!

I know the voting is over for NSO vs VA, but let's clear a few things up, shall we?

VA didn't surrender to 2 rogues, BK and Penkala. BK and Penkala got CSN to get them out of war. While we were attacking both nations, CSN stepped in and accepted them as members without our approval. After discussing things with CSN gov, we agreed to white peace as both were close enough to ZI. We absolutely never surrendered to anyone, and we didn't pay reps to anyone.

Blatant lies were made in the MK thread to bash us. And considering that story alone was used to change many people's minds on us, I'm clearing things up here.

Edited by JWConner

[quote name='JWConner' timestamp='1282556848' post='2427560']
One being controlling which alliances/members of CN can vote?
[/quote]
Unfortunately there is no quality control on the MK forums.

[quote name='JWConner' timestamp='1282557460' post='2427572']
Wow, finally got access to the MK forums, and just wow![/quote]
See :(

[quote name='Alfred von Tirpitz' timestamp='1282541884' post='2427358']
[/quote]

I think your belief that it is unbiased may be somewhat biased itself.

Also, who thought up the seedings, giving Athens a 15 seed to ensure an easy matchup in round one? They should have been at 8 or 9 seed at least.

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1282558263' post='2427583']

Also, who thought up the seedings, giving Athens a 15 seed to ensure an easy matchup in round one? They should have been at 8 or 9 seed at least.
[/quote]
Seedings were based on number of nominations. Poor Polar, what a choice :(

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1282558263' post='2427583']

[/quote]
Nominations. Try reading before complaining.

EDIT: Damn you Bansky.

[quote name='JWConner' timestamp='1282556848' post='2427560']
One being controlling which alliances/members of CN can vote? That'd be the "unfair" part of the voting they're talking about.
[/quote]
Considering the only requirement to be able to view and vote in those polls is to make an account and ask for a foreign guest mask it is hardly any different then here.

Edited by Ryuzaki

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1282558461' post='2427590']
Seedings were based on number of nominations. Poor Polar, what a choice :(
[/quote]

Interesting, but doesn't help the bias issue, considering the nature of this contest, the people who knew about the nominations and the voting were not as anti-Athens to the same proportion as the general population of this game.

[quote name='Ryuzaki' timestamp='1282558539' post='2427593']
Try reading before complaining.
[/quote]

Why would I go and do something like that?