STA announcement

pezstar

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1282089975' post='2420624']
Yup, ranking it right up there with 'lol Peace Mode' discussions or people taunting each other on IRC about whose random 'battle skills' are better.
[/quote]

Actually, given the spectacular lack of OPSEC being displayed, it's starting to have that certain World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE is broadcast by the Haleenstar Broadcasting Network at 11:30 pm Sunday nights and carries the following disclaimer at the bottom of the screen: "STUNT SHOW, not a real sport") smell about it, eh? <_<

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Shodemofi' timestamp='1282091922' post='2420682']
Defending against a rogue =/= tech raid
[/quote]
Thats why the wars between Merrie and STA were started by Merrie.

Oh wait thats not what happened, STA attacked Merrie [b]while he was still in \m/[/b].
So how was STA defending against a rogue?

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1282092225' post='2420696']
The only one being stupid here is you. What STA just did risked a lot for a small incident. I have no doubt \m/ will be the bigger man in this and not make it a contest of egos, but if \m/ acted in the same irresponsible way STA is in regards to this then the consequences pretty bad and would be a hell of a lot more 'immoral' things happening and you'd only have STA to blame.

Now that's not to say that \m/'s initial actions weren't <self-censoring on this one>, and I'm pretty pissed at \m/ for even allowing this to happen, but I'm extremely disappointed in STA for putting so much in jeopardy (even if the risk is small). The consequences of this turning to a full-out war would make the initial incident look like an extremely minor 'injustice'.

But whatever. Pezstar has never been known for thinking anything through and considering the long-term consequences of her actions. Instead, she acts in a way that is 'morally correct', and it is my personal opinion that she should not be telling others what is 'morally correct' when her own home is not in order (you allow tech raiding... quite odd for a 'moralist' alliance.) If this was instead initialized by our extremely large, furry friend, then I'll be very disappointed in his decision. But I simply can't believe that to be the case. He has never been one to ignore the long-term consequences of his actions, at least not in my experience with him.

tl;dr: Stop your stupid !@#$ that's pissing people off, \m/ Stop trying to start drama. You always do it the wrong way. We don't want wars with STA, we're supposed to be trapping NPO in a war. STA: Mind your own business and don't put all our progress thus far at risk for a small gain in 'fairness' today. If you want that small improvement to the planet, then look inwards and improve yourselves first. And please, Pezstar, start looking beyond tomorrow. Big picture, etc.

And that's my 2 cents!

Edit: Also, talks about MK falling from \m/embers is hilarious. MK will be here for a long time, and I like it that way. :)
[/quote]
Well I guess someone holds a grudge anyways moving on

[quote name='Caliph' timestamp='1282092682' post='2420711']

Oh wait thats not what happened, STA attacked Merrie [b]while he was still in \m/[/b].
[/quote]

Okay, we really have time-traveled to last night.

Congratulations guys! This is an incredible feat!

[quote name='Timmehhh' timestamp='1282092886' post='2420718']
Lol at "going rogue" with no nukes or MHP. I wonder how that will work out...
[/quote]

Give him some credit he had $2 million to do a lot of damage to STA on the road to ZI.

[quote name='lakerzz8' timestamp='1282092877' post='2420717']
Okay, we really have time-traveled to last night.

Congratulations guys! This is an incredible feat!
[/quote]
\m/ never agreed Merrie was a rogue, and we never will because it is simply not true.
But please talk about how words make you a rogue, and not actions.

Hey Lakerzz8, I'm planning on going rogue on you tomorow.

Please preempt me and see what happens.

[/quote]

Yep. definitely back to last night.

The only reason MM was attacked was because we were told he had left \m/ to go rogue on the STA [b]by your MoFA[/b]. The error that caused the attacks on MM was from your alliance, not the STA. No matter how hard you try and spin this those are the facts. If you have an issue over what happened then take it up with your MoFA. If you cannot be honest with yourself then there is not much point in me expecting you to be honest with anyone else.

The situation was rectified last night where it was agreed the wars with MM would be peaced out, if MM chooses to thumb his nose at his own alliance's agreement then that is his choice. The STA has complied with the agreement reached and as such we have nothing further to do with regards to the matter.

[/quote]When Merrie attacks the STA nations he is engaged with in four hours, what is the position of \m/ going to be?

Seriously, I'm looking out for you here, because if you're just going to dump Merrie, all your tough guy words now are going to look really silly in a few hours.

Will STA have to bring in MK and Polaris to make you brown your pants again? Or will the memory of last night be enough to accomplish that?

[/quote]

Why don't we skip all the arguing and e-lawyering and get right to the part where \m/ should be attacking, or walking away with your tail between your legs. Ah thats right, STA laid down the law last night ;)

[quote name='Boomhower' timestamp='1282092784' post='2420713']
Well I guess someone holds a grudge anyways moving on
[/quote]

What would I possibly hold a grudge for? STA is doing something ridiculous, and I'm giving my opinion on that. By your criteria of 'having a grudge' almost every member of STA who has posted has a grudge against \m/ and that's the only reason the war happened. You just have a grudge.

[quote name='acrux' timestamp='1282089927' post='2420622']
Well we now know how STA can laugh at some with small WC.. one day they will decide to play with the big kids?

maybe??

i has ball.
[/quote]
Having fought STA for a bit in the last war they need to be VERY careful with those stones....i hear they break glass

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1282093081' post='2420726']
When Merrie attacks the STA nations he is engaged with in four hours, what is the position of \m/ going to be?

Seriously, I'm looking out for you here, because if you're just going to dump Merrie, all your tough guy words now are going to look really silly in a few hours.

Will STA have to bring in MK and Polaris to make you brown your pants again? Or will the memory of last night be enough to accomplish that?
[/quote]
First I doubt STA will need to bring in anybody, but if they do it will only be MK, NpO is bound by agreement not to hit \m/

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1282093061' post='2420725']

The only reason MM was attacked was because we were told he had left \m/ to go rogue on the STA [b]by your MoFA[/b]. The error that caused the attacks on MM was from your alliance, not the STA. No matter how hard you try and spin this those are the facts. If you have an issue over what happened then take it up with your MoFA. If you cannot be honest with yourself then there is not much point in me expecting you to be honest with anyone else.

The situation was rectified last night where it was agreed the wars with MM would be peaced out, if MM chooses to thumb his nose at his own alliance's agreement then that is his choice. The STA has complied with the agreement reached and as such we have nothing further to do with regards to the matter.
[/quote]
I blatantly told Pezstar that what CSM said was not true, and that Merrie was still in \m/. That should have sent the message that Merrie was not a rogue, and he had not performed any actions that can be deemed as "rogue" worthy. But still you and yours bring up this "defending against a rogue" bit. Really, get over it, Merrie is not a rogue. We went over this last night. I specifically stated that if Merrie goes rogue we will not defend him.

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1282093204' post='2420729']
What would I possibly hold a grudge for? STA is doing something ridiculous, and I'm giving my opinion on that. By your criteria of 'having a grudge' almost every member of STA who has posted has a grudge against \m/ and that's the only reason the war happened. You just have a grudge.
[/quote]
Careful now, STA has the self proclaimed right to redefine terminology.

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' timestamp='1282093222' post='2420733']
First I doubt STA will need to bring in anybody, but if they do it will only be MK, NpO is bound by agreement not to hit \m/
[/quote]I wasn't aware Polaris signed a non-aggression pact with \m/. Would you be so kind as to link me to this treaty?

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1282093061' post='2420725']

[/quote]
I have made my position quiet clear.

[quote name='Caliph' timestamp='1282093315' post='2420738']
I blatantly told Pezstar that what CSM said was not true, and that Merrie was still in \m/. That should have sent the message that Merrie was not a rogue, and he had not performed any actions that can be deemed as "rogue" worthy. But still you and yours bring up this "defending against a rogue" bit. Really, get over it, Merrie is not a rogue. We went over this last night. I specifically stated that if Merrie goes rogue we will not defend him.
[/quote]

You're also going to have to remove him from government, disavow his actions and allow us free reign to do what we please with his nation. You can't have a member of your government attacking us. It's not a rogue at that point. It's a war.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1282093341' post='2420741']
I wasn't aware Polaris signed a non-aggression pact with \m/. Would you be so kind as to link me to this treaty?
[/quote]
It is an understanding that was reached when they re-treatied our mutual ally.

[quote name='Caliph' timestamp='1282093059' post='2420724']
\m/ never agreed Merrie was a rogue, and we never will because it is simply not true.
But please talk about how words make you a rogue, and not actions.

Hey Lakerzz8, I'm planning on going rogue on you tomorow.

Please preempt me and see what happens.
[/quote]

Is there a government member that will notify us you have left \m/?

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1282093419' post='2420747']
You're also going to have to remove him from government, disavow his actions and allow us free reign to do what we please with his nation. You can't have a member of your government attacking us. It's not a rogue at that point. It's a war.
[/quote]
Except Merrie is not attacking you, he is defending his nation from STA agression.
Merrie is not a rogue for defending his nation from STA attacks.

In fact, with all this "war" talk, STA hitting an \m/ member is an act of war too.

Two can play at that game.

Edited by Caliph

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1282092225' post='2420696']
But whatever. Pezstar has never been known for thinking anything through and considering the long-term consequences of her actions. Instead, she acts in a way that is 'morally correct', and it is my personal opinion that she should not be telling others what is 'morally correct' when her own home is not in order (you allow tech raiding... quite odd for a 'moralist' alliance.) If this was instead initialized by our extremely large, furry friend, then I'll be very disappointed in his decision. But I simply can't believe that to be the case. He has never been one to ignore the long-term consequences of his actions, at least not in my experience with him.
[/quote]

Thanks for showing, in one paragraph, that you have no idea what you are talking about. Pez was the messenger, not the writer of the message. That you consider the STA as a "morally correct" alliance and consider that to be a bad things is hilarious. The only thing we sought to achieve here was to get rid of the nonsensical "attacktorate". The STA allows raiding under very strict rules which includes banning raids on aligned nations. We had no personal stake in getting rid of the attacktorate insofar as opening up targets for ourselves as we are not permitted to raid old GGA nations anyway.

\m/ can raid old GGA all they like provided every other raiding alliance can do so without seeking their permission.