STA announcement

pezstar

[quote name='Swanfield' timestamp='1282033228' post='2419264']
Our offer was that they peaced out with Merrie Melodies and that they paid us compensation. We didn't demand anything else.
[/quote]

[02:51] <~EmperorMarx> immediate peace with MM
[02:51] <~EmperorMarx> The two nations
[02:52] <~EmperorMarx> Who attacked him will be dealt with
04[02:52] <&Citizenkane> incidentally, pezstar
[02:52] <~EmperorMarx> Whether or not they are ZI'd really depends on your attitude in here

That tells me that EM was saying that the two STA members who attacked MM would be attacked and possibly ZI'd.

That tone changed quite a bit when Pez's friends showed up.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1282033161' post='2419262']
That would only be true if it worked, which it didn't.
[/quote]
I said we pioneered his taste for it. Giving EM the skill to accomplish that, well, that's beyond even my own God-like ingenuity.

[quote name='Swanfield' timestamp='1282032993' post='2419256']
Care to expand on that and specifically why we are mastered in the diplomacy arts of "racial slurs"
[/quote]
Almighty Grub, intending to conduct diplomatic discussions with \m/, was instead greeted with the aforementioned racial slurs. Being disinclined to seek diplomatic discussions after this, Grub set in motion the decision to declare war on \m/. Thus started the BiPolar war. Or perhaps you don't remember it.

In any case, this is getting too off topic to continue here.

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1282033095' post='2419259']
Ummm I see a definite change of tone. Log starts out with CK threatening war, Marx speaking of pummelling STA. Then you have Marx talking tough about dealing with the STA nations, deciding if they'd be ZI'd or not based on Pez's actions, STA paying reps etc. Then Penguin and two MK members come in and that tough talk goes right out the window.
[/quote]

All this shows me is my gov is in indeed populated by realpolitik masters and not the steely-spined warriors our grandstanding here might convey. It's quite unfortunate that these logs had to be seen by the unwashed masses here. <_<

o/ to my astute \m/ diplomats for staying out of fights we can't win!

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1282033607' post='2419266']
[02:52] <~EmperorMarx> Whether or not they are ZI'd really depends on your attitude in here

That tells me that EM was saying that the two STA members who attacked MM would be attacked and possibly ZI'd.

[/quote]

I didn't say which offer I was referring to, did I? My bad then.

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1282033607' post='2419266']

[/quote]
The tone stayed the same. I was there, you weren't.
We got peace for our member, Merrie. That was the goal for the talks. We also wanted reps but that didn't work out. In other situations we would have pushed for reps and gotten them. If 2 STA nations attacked an \m/ member now, things would be different.

[quote name='savethecheerleader' timestamp='1282033707' post='2419269']
Almighty Grub, intending to conduct diplomatic discussions with \m/, was instead greeted with the aforementioned racial slurs. Being disinclined to seek diplomatic discussions after this, Grub set in motion the decision to declare war on \m/. Thus started the BiPolar war. Or perhaps you don't remember it.

In any case, this is getting too off topic to continue here.
[/quote]
That situation was more convuluated than you are letting on, and besides it is hardly an example of "recent" \m/ diplomacy as someone had incorrectly asserted, as nobody doing those slurs was in \m/ gov, and the events in question happened 7-8 months ago.

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1282034519' post='2419277']
Did you seriously just make that threat here? Really?
[/quote]

Do something about it then. Note that I haven't left my alliance and that I haven't taken any actions yet in case you are confused again.. :smug:

[quote name='Bavaricar' timestamp='1282033798' post='2419270']
staying out of fights we can't win!
[/quote]\m/ in a nutshell.

Interesting to see diplomacy work. Too bad you have to have the backing of big names to get it though. If Pez didn't drag in names that scared the crap out of \m/, I don't know that their tough guy act would have been dropped, let alone as quickly as it was.

And special mention to STA of course, for being willing to simply let Merrie go after what he did. You are far too kind, and \m/ hardly deserved it. It speaks to your high character.

[quote name='Swanfield' timestamp='1282034008' post='2419272']
I didn't say which offer I was referring to, did I? My bad then.
[/quote]

Oh that was just part of the intial offer, reps were also demanded by Marx in addition to that...until the influential friends showed up.

It went from Marx demanding peace with MM, STA pay reps to \m/, \m/ "deals" with the two STA nations, possibly all the way to ZI to at one point Goauld suggesting this..

<&Kev_McD[Goauld|Tri]> what about peacing out until he drops the AA (and I am just talking)

After Epiphanus had said..

[03:12] <@Epiphanus> Barons. And if a baron told someone that a member wasn't a member, even archon would respect that. (even if it was a mistake)

[03:12] <@Epiphanus> we wouldn't be threatening someone over a mistake.

After \m/ kept trying to claim that CSM doesn't speak for them.

[quote name='Swanfield' timestamp='1282034673' post='2419279']
Do something about it then. Note that I haven't left my alliance and that I haven't taken any actions yet in case you are confused again.. :smug:
[/quote]
You are so, so clever. None of us saw that retort coming. No one at all. I'm just..just speechless at your overpowering wit.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1282034699' post='2419280']
\m/ in a nutshell.

Interesting to see diplomacy work. Too bad you have to have the backing of big names to get it though. If Pez didn't drag in names that scared the crap out of \m/, I don't know that their tough guy act would have been dropped, let alone as quickly as it was.

And special mention to STA of course, for being willing to simply let Merrie go after what he did. You are far too kind, and \m/ hardly deserved it. It speaks to your high character.
[/quote]

It wouldn't have. I learned my lesson the hard way a couple of years ago about the "outnumber and browbeat" tactic. NPO perfected that one back in the day. Never let yourself be outnumbered. If you can't find allies and fellow government members to assist, leave. :P

\m/ in a nutshell.

[/quote]

Stop trying to kick up to STA. I mean, I support what STA did for GGA, but honestly you're more transparent than....... something really, really transparent.

[quote name='Swanfield' timestamp='1282034673' post='2419279']
[/quote]

Now son, you are doing it right! :war:

We gotta keep our chests puffed and the bluster up here in public since not everyone will read what we are really like behind closed doors. :frantic:

[quote name='Caliph' timestamp='1282034264' post='2419273']
The tone stayed the same. I was there, you weren't.
We got peace for our member, Merrie. That was the goal for the talks. We also wanted reps but that didn't work out. In other situations we would have pushed for reps and gotten them. If 2 STA nations attacked an \m/ member now, things would be different.
[/quote]

I can read just as well as the next fellow can, the harshness/threats coming from \m/ changed dramatically as the conversation went on, it went from aggressive threats to, well, no threats at all.

Hi look! It's STA on their high horse again. \m/, you guys were dumb to claim GGA as your 'attacktorate'. STA, it's \m/ you are pushing around. I'd be impressed if it was another alliance that actually had some politic capital, but it isn't. You aren't looking cool, quite the opposite.

[quote name='Ragashingo' timestamp='1282034845' post='2419284']
That was a rather dumb thing to say...
[/quote]

Not as dumb as violating our sovereignty by attacking a member of our alliance for "rogue" actions when he hadn't committed any yet.

[quote name='Bavaricar' timestamp='1282034932' post='2419289']
Now son, you are doing it right! :war:

We gotta keep our chests puffed and the bluster up here in public since not everyone will read what we are really like behind closed doors. :frantic:
[/quote]

Thank you, made me have a good chuckle.

STA has gained a mass amount of respect from what in respect to what they have done in lines with GGA and their actions towards \m/.

Well done STA and in particular Pezstar my hat is off to you today.

Edited by nutkase

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1282034897' post='2419287']
Stop trying to kick up to STA. I mean, I support what STA did for GGA, but honestly you're more transparent than....... something really, really transparent.
[/quote]What, I can't praise an alliance for their actions when they fully deserve it? I'm somehow 'faking' it when I praise a single alliance I don't have ties to? No. STA is a very respectable alliance, one of a very small number out there. They've earned my full respect today.

\m/ in a nutshell.

[/quote]
So what you're saying is that Pezstar would have buckled under pressure and accepted \m/'s initial offer, and to keep from doing that she called in her allies?

Is that what you're saying?

Kind of a backhand compliment to STA.

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1282035037' post='2419294']
I can read just as well as the next fellow can, the harshness/threats coming from \m/ changed dramatically as the conversation went on, it went from aggressive threats to, well, no threats at all.
[/quote]
So what you're saying is that correlation equals causation?
Usually in diplomacy you start with a high ball and then it gets talked down until both sides agree on something.
That is what you saw here.

Edited by Caliph