NSO IRC GATO Bash

Pryath

[quote name='Epiphanus' timestamp='1281587417' post='2412230']
GATO, declare war on NSO. It's the only way.
[/quote]That's a fantastic idea! We would love to have a reason to come to NSO's defense.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to go ahead and apologize, publicly, to magicninja, for crude personal attacks when I hadn't the full story.

GATO is still a terrible alliance and deserves all the ridicule it gets.

But I got rather personal and the reality is that you were perhaps the least deserving of that kind of heat. Especially considering what you did to try and make the situation right, now that I have the full picture.

I know when I'm wrong and I'll stand here and admit to that.

(As a side note to the peanut gallery, everything I said was IC. Crude and harsh and personal, but IC.)

Yeah I got pissed. It started in the GATO thread in AP. I got harassed by these guys after I personally stood up for them within GATO and very nearly got the vote reversed. Vote crapped out on a technicality. Once that was known apparently their biggest supporter was no longer of any use so they decided to !@#$ on me. I took it all rather personally considering the effort I put in on their behalf. It is what it is. I don't even remember what was said.

Edited by magicninja

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1281589296' post='2412287']
I'm going to go ahead and apologize, publicly, to magicninja, for crude personal attacks when I hadn't the full story.

GATO is still a terrible alliance and deserves all the ridicule it gets.

But I got rather personal and the reality is that you were perhaps the least deserving of that kind of heat. Especially considering what you did to try and make the situation right, now that I have the full picture.

I know when I'm wrong and I'll stand here and admit to that.

(As a side note to the peanut gallery, everything I said was IC. Crude and harsh and personal, but IC.)
[/quote]

Coming from you it means something. Don't worry about it. We were all just having a bit of fun I guess when it comes to the game.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1281589648' post='2412299']
Yeah I got pissed. It started in the GATO thread in AP. I got trolled by these guys after I personally stood up for them within GATO and very nearly got the vote reversed. Vote crapped out on a technicality. Once that was known apparently their biggest supporter was no longer of any use so they decided to !@#$ on me. I took it all rather personally considering the effort I put in on their behalf. It is what it is. I don't even remember what was said.
[/quote]
Come on Magic don't take it personally. You were the most vocal here so they decided to debate with you.

[quote name='conistonslim' timestamp='1281588988' post='2412280']
That's a fantastic idea! We would love to have a reason to come to NSO's defense.
[/quote]
Just think, GATO might get defended by Athens, it would be like two dreams in one for you guys.

;)

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1281589910' post='2412310']
Just think, GATO might get defended by Athens, it would be like two dreams in one for you guys.

;)
[/quote]
That would be awesome...

Also, I hope the OP didn't think he was starting drama or anything by making this thread...

[quote name='kevin32891' timestamp='1281589786' post='2412303']
Come on Magic don't take it personally. You were the most vocal here so they decided to debate with you.
[/quote]

Why? At that point it was preaching to the choir. I was on their side. Why debate me on things I agreed with them on? It made no sense. They needed a punching bag and I had the unfortunate gall to show up. They didn;t even care about the effort I put in or that I was on their side. I was just some guy with a GATO tag.

[quote name='kevin32891' timestamp='1281589786' post='2412303']
[/quote]

Yeah magic come on, it's not our fault we can't see friend from foe, cut us some slack I mean don't we deserve at least that much? We're NSO, the rules are different for us. :smug:

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1281590810' post='2412330']
Yeah magic come on, it's not our fault we can't see friend from foe, cut us some slack I mean don't we deserve at least that much? We're NSO, the rules are different for us. :smug:
[/quote]

I can really only speak for myself, sure I was angry but I have not once attacked magicninja here or on IRC. I'm thankful he tried his best to resolve the situation internally.

Edited by kevin32891

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1281589910' post='2412310']

;)
[/quote]Actually, getting declared on by GOD would be the real dream come true. Sadly it will won't happen any time soon.

[quote name='kevin32891' timestamp='1281591463' post='2412342']
I can really only speak for myself, sure I was angry but I have not once attacked magicninja here or on IRC. I'm thankful he tried his best to resolve the situation internally.
[/quote]

I must say that I still quite like Kevin. With all the strife between our alliances I can still recognize a class act.

[quote name='Shodemofi' timestamp='1281590047' post='2412313']
That would be awesome...

Also, I hope the OP didn't think he was starting drama or anything by making this thread...
[/quote]

I didn't really expect a debate IN the thread. Thought everything was pretty much said on IRC. Just posting because it was an interesting convo to watch. There were times when you couldn't read because everyone was voicing their opinions and the lines were moving up so fast.

[quote name='Pryath' timestamp='1281593163' post='2412388']
I didn't really expect a debate IN the thread. Thought everything was pretty much said on IRC. Just posting because it was an interesting convo to watch. There were times when you couldn't read because everyone was voicing their opinions and the lines were moving up so fast.
[/quote]

No time to leave things unsaid since we probably won't speak to each other for a long long time. Though I suppose some things are better left unsaid.

[quote name='Remaliat' timestamp='1281586619' post='2412198']
Oh how GATO has fallen. I remember a day when you were collapsing quicker then GGA and everyone forgot you even existed, then one day a young man, a dreamer to some, saw fit to reach out his hand and bring you up from the cesspool you had created for yourself.[/quote]
Aww, you're making me blush.

[quote name='Ferrozoica Hive' timestamp='1281590459' post='2412325']
Terribly classy stuff all 'round. I'm not sure who the real winner of this verbal skirmish was.
[/quote]
To be frank, [b]Nobody[/b].

[quote name='Dementual' timestamp='1281604585' post='2412549']
Welp.

So, who wants tacos?
[/quote]
Hell yeah, I am getting sick of the popcorn.