Preliminary Analysis of the NSO / Ragnarok War

maxwell little

After reading the associated IRC logs and forum posts I, The Maxwell Little War Analysis Center ("ML WAC(s you)") have no choice but to declare this war:

"[b]Ridiculous[/b]"

Stupidity Rating: 9.6/10

- Destroying multiple alliances over one nation's actions +5
- Declaring a war when you know it will escalate and cause massive damage to the aggressor (i.e yourself) +4
- Blatantly and obviously manufacturing an excuse for war (see above) +.6

Validity Rating: 2.3/10

- Rogue/Semi-Rogue nation involved +4
- Strong Defense for Rogue's actions including evidence of provocation -1
- Lack of extremely solid evidence either way -.5
- "WTF" style diplomacy used -.2 (it's getting pretty standard nowadays)

Scoring Table (Validity - Stupidity)

< -9 --> "WTF"
< -9 >-8 --> Hilarious
> -8 <-7 --> Ridiculous
> -7 < -5 --> Moronic
> -5 < -3 --> Moderately Idiotic
> -3 < -1 --> Dumb
> -1 < 1 --> Random
> 1 < 3 --> Overreaction
> 3 < 5 --> Exaggeration
> 5 < 7 --> Logical 8-)
> 7 < 8 --> Altruistic
> 8 < 9 --> Saintly
> 9 --> Godlike

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed above are those of one person only and may not/definitely won't reflect the opinions of any randomly selected group of people and/ornations.

PS: WHY ARE THERE NO SMILEYS?? (Good Smileys)

Edited by Maxwell

[quote]Destroying multiple alliances over one nation's actions +5[/quote]
Simple, solution, dont take in rogues

[quote]- Declaring a war when you know it will escalate and cause massive damage to the aggressor (i.e yourself) +4[/quote]
oh lawdy mah infras

[quote]- Blatantly and obviously manufacturing an excuse for war (see above) +.6[/quote]
Uhm, you suck at this...give it up

[quote]- Destroying multiple alliances over one nation's actions +5 [b]( NSO protected a rouge and aided him. NSO fault not one nation)[/b]
- Declaring a war when you know it will escalate and cause massive damage to the aggressor (i.e yourself) +4 [b]( apparently not )[/b]
- Blatantly and obviously manufacturing an excuse for war (see above) +.6 [b]( debatable )[/b]
[/quote]

Guys you are taking it too seriously. Also it's preliminary so execution is irrelevant.

Also whether or not the nation was actually a rogue is debatable, no side has convincing evidence either way.

[quote name='Maxwell' timestamp='1281315334' post='2405627']
After reading the associated IRC logs and forum posts I, The Maxwell Little War Analysis Center ("ML WAC(s you)") have no choice but to declare this war:

"[b]Ridiculous[/b]"

Stupidity Rating: 9.6/10

- Declaring a war when you know it will escalate and cause massive damage to the aggressor (i.e yourself) +4
- Blatantly and obviously manufacturing an excuse for war (see above) +.6

Validity Rating: 2.3/10

- Rogue/Semi-Rogue nation involved +4
- Strong Defense for Rogue's actions including evidence of provocation -1
- Lack of extremely solid evidence either way -.5
- "WTF" style diplomacy used -.2 (it's getting pretty standard nowadays)

Scoring Table (Validity - Stupidity)

< -9 --> "WTF"
< -9 >-8 --> Hilarious
> -8 <-7 --> Ridiculous
> -7 < -5 --> Moronic
> -5 < -3 --> Moderately Idiotic
> -3 < -1 --> Dumb
> -1 < 1 --> Random
> 1 < 3 --> Overreaction
> 3 < 5 --> Exaggeration
> 5 < 7 --> Logical 8-)
> 7 < 8 --> Altruistic
> 8 < 9 --> Saintly
> 9 --> Godlike

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed above are those of one person only and may not/definitely won't reflect the opinions of any randomly selected group of people and/ornations.

PS: WHY ARE THERE NO SMILEYS?? (Good Smileys)
[/quote]

You left out heavy trolling by seemingly unaffliated alliances and thier members, like TOP, MHA etc (We know who you are man!) but nice overall. Im here for the lulz anyway, why so serious? B-)

[quote name='Kevanovia' timestamp='1281335994' post='2406927']
If you're so against the war and think it is terrible...then why not do something about it? Help out NSO, defend them.
[/quote]

As much fun as every war being one half of CN vs the other half (or however the support statistics work out) it doesnt seem feasible.
Neutrals get to declare war on both sides in defense of their global radiation levels.

[quote name='PearChris' timestamp='1281338564' post='2407038']
The hell you mean 0/10 for spelling, What was misspelled?
[/quote]

"Rouge" and "rogue" two different words that have completely different meanings.
On-topic: the report is pretty lame.. although.. the war might turn out to be just the same.

Edited by ratonbox

How can you complain the evidence isn't solid when 3 things exist?
1. Evidence of the rogue's aggressive wars which one could clearly see. Hell, Chron, a member of NSO posts the shot in the war thread.
2. Evidence of Hoo saying he will go to war if you aid that nation.
3. The aid screen of the nation at war.

I mean, it's not that the evidence doesn't exist, it's whether that evidence brings us to a conclusion that only war can resolve.

And it know it was supposed to be funny but I mean, meh.

Edited by Earogema

[quote name='Earogema' timestamp='1281345554' post='2407217']
How can you complain the evidence isn't solid when 3 things exist?
1. Evidence of the rogue's aggressive wars which one could clearly see. Hell, Chron, a member of NSO posts the shot in the war thread.
2. Evidence of Hoo saying he will go to war if you aid that nation.
3. The aid screen of the nation at war.

I mean, it's not that the evidence doesn't exist, it's whether that evidence brings us to a conclusion that only war can resolve.

And it know it was supposed to be funny but I mean, meh.
[/quote]

The evidence in question deals with the lead-up to No 1.

This analysis is in itself worthless. Alliances have went to war over reasons which were far more "ridiculous" than RoK's.

[quote]Stupidity Rating: 9.6/10

- Blatantly and obviously manufacturing an excuse for war (see above) +.6[/quote]

1 - Sounds like fun.
2 - War escalation than came bring about massive damage? Sounds like more fun. Wait, "(i.e yourself)"? Sounds like someone has b***s, and that deserves a round of honest applause.
3 - As I said before, far more stupid and ill manufactured reasons for war have been given in the past by various other alliances.

Other than that, this whole hippie atmosphere of no conflicts and no wars around planet Bob bores the hell out of me (and others, I'm fairly certain of that). A little massive action and drama is welcomed if I do say so myself.

Regardless of how over-the-top you may or may not think RoK's response is, NSO took in a nation at war with a well-connected alliance and aided the nation rather than simply letting his wars expire. We went [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=89562"]through all this[/url] two weeks ago. What's ridiculous?

[quote name='PearChris' timestamp='1281335416' post='2406898']
Going rouge means Attacking your own Allies and then leaving the Alliance. I was one of the people he attacked and Anarchyed. So I doubt his Rouge Status is in question.
[/quote]
[quote name='Iserlohn' timestamp='1281337165' post='2406978']
"Going Rouge" means applying some makeup so you can feel pretty. 0/10 for spelling.
[/quote]
[quote name='PearChris' timestamp='1281338564' post='2407038']
The hell you mean 0/10 for spelling, What was misspelled?
[/quote]

Comedy gold.

Edited by Schattenmann

Going [b]rouge[/b] can also mean switching to the Red team, like Invicta did recently.

[i]"I thought Invicta was purple?"

"No, they went [b]rouge[/b]."[/i]

It could also mean when a lolcommie alliance gets WAY too serious.

[i]"I heard The International declared Year Zero and made all their members sell off all their infrastructure and tech."

"Yeah, they went Khmer [b]Rouge[/b], from the looks of it."[/i]