Leaving no Aqua Brother behind

A worthless protector for a worthless protectorate. You are risking no more than your friend's nations. There's no honor in this, just asinine posturing.

Edited by bhane

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Potato is correct. You're completely delusional if you think you can stop anyone from doing [i]anything[/i] to Gramlins. I dearly hope a raiding alliance puts this to the test in about nine hours' time.

This is a half-baked publicity stunt and nothing more.

[quote name='Andover' timestamp='1281034872' post='2401892']With our allies and friends help to cover what we cant.[/quote]

Do you have any treaties beyond your ODP with Midnight Order and the PIAT with RED? (RED is a terrible alliance, by the way.) Did you discuss this harebrained scheme with them first? Most alliances don't like being saddled with such idiotic obligations without at least a bit of warning.

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1281036838' post='2401922']
[b]Potato is correct.[/b] You're completely delusional if you think you can stop anyone from doing [i]anything[/i] to Gramlins. I dearly hope a raiding alliance puts this to the test in about nine hours' time.

This is a half-baked publicity stunt and nothing more.
[/quote]

Of course I am. :smug:

[quote]
Do you have any treaties beyond your ODP with Midnight Order and the PIAT with RED? (RED is a terrible alliance, by the way.) Did you discuss this harebrained scheme with them first? Most alliances don't like being saddled with such idiotic obligations without at least a bit of warning.
[/quote]

Even if they had an MDAP with a huge and threatening alliance, it doesn't link said huge and threatening alliance to Grämlins. This reeks of a PR move with a hint of "NPO will show you why GGA doesn't need WRCs".

Edited by potato

[quote name='Itsuki Koizumi' timestamp='1281037741' post='2401933']
ERA replaces GGA as Worst Alliance
[/quote]

This is 3 nations, not really an alliance.

Edited by bhane

[quote name='Itsuki Koizumi' timestamp='1281037741' post='2401933']
ERA replaces GGA as Worst Alliance
[/quote]

I wouldn't go that far. No, what I'm wondering is how he intends to defend Grämlins when he doesn't fight back when he gets raided.

[quote name='Andover' timestamp='1281030001' post='2401798']
Article 3: One way ODP

Should The Grämlins come under war from an outside alliance, Equal Rights Alliance has the option to declare war and [b]call upon its own treaty partners to help protect Grämlins[/b]
[/quote]
I really do hope you cleared this with your treaty partners first.

I think overall it's a good move if you think GRE will make it back to the top. I think Ram will have too much pride to ever disband them so I think one day they may make it back there. So if GRE makes it back to 60 ish members or so you have to believe that they're going to play big brother for ERA an alliance that tried to help them out when they were down. Just because GRE can't say on a piece of paper they'll hit anyone who hits ERA doesn't mean they can't do just that. I think Andover made a calculated gamble that may pay off for him.

[quote name='Owned-You' timestamp='1281038118' post='2401941']
Roll Gramlins.

The measure just passed in the Vidian senate, go democracy. Kingzog predicted this, etc etc.[/quote]

I wish.

But know in advance that a certain ally on Black has your back if you'd like to start something.

[quote name='Burnsey' timestamp='1281043200' post='2401997']
I hope your warchest will still be in top shape after those reps.
[/quote]

No wonder he was so sharpish paying those. He certainly doesn't want his blundering foolishness getting in the way of his weekly-attention-thread.

I find Andover's avowed purpose of protecting alliances from ebil raiders pretty hilarious when taken in context with his war screen as of late.

You've raided at least three AA's with over 12 members in the past week, why's this one different?

[quote name='Andover' timestamp='1281030848' post='2401813']
Most raider alliances wont attack as long as a treaty exsists, and if theres NS ranges ERA cant cover then we will ask our friends or allies or to help us covver the gaps and deal with raiders.

edit: Who would even be that dumb to raid nations that high up for NS anyway? Im sure at that point Gremlins could just use nukes and lower the raider down to where ERA or other members of Gremlins could hit.
[/quote]
If they fell into the range stated as acceptable for raiding within our charter I would raid them, I would raid them even with your silly ODP.

[quote name='Lord Boris' timestamp='1281031601' post='2401830']
Wow... I can't wait for someone to raid Gre just to see if ERA backs this up.
[/quote]

If they do, just don't go running to NOIR because the last thing would be for us to help the likes of Krynn.

I hope ERA follows through with the optional.

Edited by Amossio

While I appreciate the gesture it's important to remember that we all have an inherent right to defend each other without a piece of paper authorizing us to do so.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1281040878' post='2401972']
I think overall it's a good move if you think GRE will make it back to the top. [b]I think Ram will have too much pride to ever disband them[/b] so I think one day they may make it back there. So if GRE makes it back to 60 ish members or so you have to believe that they're going to play big brother for ERA an alliance that tried to help them out when they were down. Just because GRE can't say on a piece of paper they'll hit anyone who hits ERA doesn't mean they can't do just that. I think Andover made a calculated gamble that may pay off for him.
[/quote]
Emphasis mine.
Neither Ramirus nor the conclave have the authority to disband the alliance.

@ Andover: Gotta admire your dedication to the aqua team, but at the same time i find myself questioning the wisdom of your decision. Given the fact that your alliance is too small to deter raiders and the fact that The Gramlins are currently far from popular I'd say you've bitten off more than you can chew.

Good luck.

Edited by Andre27