Dear Legion

lmcfalcon12

[quote name='Seth Muscarella' date='06 July 2010 - 09:30 PM' timestamp='1278462620' post='2361817']
Is that really the right term? XD

I think the OP stated that he lost respect for legion, hence the posting of this thread.

[b]Anyway man, i saw some legion people call you out publicly in the sanction thread, and that was both surprising and not well handled.[/b] It's good that you finally came to this realization of your alliance of 3 years, but as always, coming to the OWF rarely helps the situation get resolved.

Also Arbiter, you may be a douche, but you're a funny douche. :wub:
[/quote]

They always do. Its amazing how they treat they people in their "brotherhood". Wish I had realized this three years ago.

Edited by lmcfalcon12

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Shoofly' date='06 July 2010 - 09:42 PM' timestamp='1278463354' post='2361834']
Falcon, I actually stood up for you on our own forums just now.

Then I come here and read this. Coming to the BB's was really low dude.
[/quote]

How could you stand up for me on your own forums? And why would you if you knew what was going on? I posted this thread link in 2 areas. Don't defend me. I don't want anyone to defend me because anyone who defends me ends up looking like a moron later. You're a quality member dude, don't waste your time on me.

[quote name='The Arbiter' date='06 July 2010 - 09:48 PM' timestamp='1278463669' post='2361844']
I know, you're right. I'm just gonna head back to econ now.
[/quote]

That's the thing. I like what you've done. You're a quality leader when you're not going crap crazy and beating up on people and making racist cracks. I can't deal with it anymore dude. I have no idea what I did to cross your path in such a way to make things like this, but...that's it. That's all I can say. I like what you've done for your alliance, I just don't like what you are. I'm a real easy guy to get along with, so trust me, if someone dislikes me, its for a damn good reason.

[quote name='lmcfalcon12' date='06 July 2010 - 06:19 PM' timestamp='1278461939' post='2361803']
How was I thrown out? I posted in the resignations forum. I said I was leaving. No one ZI'd me, attacked me, or said boo about it. Buddy you must be misinformed or must be trying to post this in another topic because it has no place here.
[/quote]

I was talking about your little "incident" with quantum. Funny, seems this sort of thing happens a lot to you.

[quote name='lmcfalcon12' date='06 July 2010 - 06:45 PM' timestamp='1278463491' post='2361841']
How could you stand up for me on your own forums? And why would you if you knew what was going on? I posted this thread link in 2 areas. Don't defend me. I don't want anyone to defend me because anyone who defends me ends up looking like a moron later. You're a quality member dude, don't waste your time on me.
[/quote]

You were here for a long time, cared deeply about this alliance, and feel wronged.

I for one, thank you for your service, actually respect your opinions, and wish you the best. It's a sad day for The Legion when something like this happens from an active member. I only hope that we emerge stronger. You did say some positive things in there.

However, you only served in discrediting my home with this selfish post in the World Forums. This was something that I am sure you will regret later on. I only hope that if any good comes from this that you may gain a samll measure of satisfaction and/or feeling of justice which will help to aid you on your way in the future.

[quote name='lmcfalcon12' date='06 July 2010 - 06:22 PM' timestamp='1278462150' post='2361804']
My fifteen minutes...indeed. Everyone is entitled to them. Let's have some people come out and defend the Legion for once, since you're the first person in 5 pages to do so.

Like I said, I don't care. People ages 13- whatever play this game. I don't give a crap if someone owns a little more "cyber power" than I do. I'm a child at heart, but I'm no retard. In this little area of the world Chairman Hal, you are respected. This microscopic, pinhead section of the world, you are respected. As far as the RL? No one knows. Not about you, me. It could be opposite. They may treat you shady in here and you've got some nice stuff in the RL, or vice versa. Its really funny how far this went. I commend you on trying to quote every section you felt quotable. Props to you. Another person who's opinion means ___________ to me. Fill in the blank.
[/quote]

Are you F***ing retarded? There have been plenty of people defending the Legion before him

[quote name='jooshbox234' date='06 July 2010 - 09:52 PM' timestamp='1278463958' post='2361848']
I was talking about your little "incident" with quantum. Funny, seems this sort of thing happens a lot to you.
[/quote]

I was never thrown out. Resigned with them too. That's when I rerolled and deleted and took 6 months off. I'm sorry that you're still misinformed. Stop posting if you don't know the whole story, which you obviously don't, and its getting really annoying.

[quote name='Shoofly' date='06 July 2010 - 09:53 PM' timestamp='1278463981' post='2361849']
You were here for a long time, cared deeply about this alliance, and feel wronged.

I for one, thank you for your service, actually respect your opinions, and wish you the best. It's a sad day for The Legion when something like this happens from an active member. I only hope that we emerge stronger. You did say some positive things in there.

However, you only served in discrediting my home with this selfish post in the World Forums. This was something that I am sure you will regret later on. I only hope that if any good comes from this that you may gain a samll measure of satisfaction and/or feeling of justice which will help to aid you on your way in the future.
[/quote]

I only say I'm sorry when I mean it, and to you, I will give a sincere apology. When I made this post, obviously I didn't think of everyone...that much is apparent. And also its nice to be appreciated...even if its just by one person. I did do a lot of nice things and really didn't think I got my due. Oh well...that's the way things go.

Perhaps I will regret this later, but Legion kept pushing and pushing and pushing, and not treating people equally. They let things go that shouldn't have been and then continuously harped on garbage like a 500 tech fine. I got Konkrage's 3rd note about my payment while I was trying to figure out how to fix my broken down car. Set over the edge? I think so. I apologize to you and the other quality members and I thank you for what you've done to help my battle. I will not say I'm sorry for this thread, because I know that what I said needed to be said. Concerns needed to be addressed and without shouting from the mountain tops, I was never heard. I hope they heard me this time because I've been trying for a long time to get some attention regarding some of garbage going on there.

Its a game. Go to whereever makes you happy, because if you're not having fun, there's no point in playing anymore.

[quote name='The Arbiter' date='06 July 2010 - 10:02 PM' timestamp='1278464514' post='2361859']
Lmcfalcon12, you are hereby gagged from this thread. :awesome:
[/quote]

I wish you could have been more like that. Because that was funny. Would have made crap a lot easier.

[quote name='jooshbox234' date='06 July 2010 - 10:00 PM' timestamp='1278464435' post='2361857']
Are you F***ing retarded? There have been plenty of people defending the Legion before him
[/quote]

Dude, people from the Legion, defending the Legion...doesn't count. Sorry to say. That should come standard. You SHOULD defend your alliance.

Edited by lmcfalcon12

[quote name='lmcfalcon12' date='07 July 2010 - 01:30 AM' timestamp='1278462598' post='2361816']
You can't possibly be from America [and I'm not attacking you], but someone from America would have never said that. See that's the problem with this world...game, country where I'm from. Its a right they give you, but institute it when they deem it appropriate. There's not enough people like me to stand up to the right crushing tyranny of government like Legion etc.
[/quote]

If I might match the tone of your high horse, the first place where I "am from" [i]invented[/i] the concept of freedom of speech before Western Civilization had even come into existence. The second place where I "am from" codified it centuries before the U.S's bill of rights even came into existence. I am well aware of what freedom is, and even more of what the "crushing tyranny" you so casually bring up is.

You do not seem to truly know what freedom of speech is. What you are doing here is abusing the concept so that it can serve as your own personal shield. We all live in a society where every action you take has a reaction amongst those around you. Doing so comes with a sense of responsibility and, from the moment that you become a part of a more cohesive social unit, it comes with a social contract. When you sign up for a game like this, you enter a social contract you have to respect the moderation rules. Sanctions for violating them are not an infringement of "freedom of speech". When you sign up for an alliance, you enter a social contract where the benefits conferred upon you by that membership are matched by a contribution, which will often include acting within the alliance's interests. Sanctions for violating them are not an infringement of your "freedom of speech".

Given the oft-cited (by your very self) attempts to seek action upon "racist" remarks, I am surprised you do not realise this. To violate your "freedom" of speech, Legion would have to actually take physical RL action that would restrain your ability to make such expressions, or attach harmful effects to it. What happens within a doubly private setting in an online game does not fit the bill. Certainly, you retain the freedom to speak in any manner you wish, but in this environment, with these social contracts, everybody else has the freedom to act in opposition. You cannot touch without being touched.

Perhaps it is the RP nature of this game, where we have "governments" that gives rise to this mass confusion. An alliance here is not equatable to a real nation state. It is a private organization, and if you do not want to be sanctioned for violating its rules, then you should not be part of it. If you work somewhere, and violate company policy by insulting your boss, you get fired. If you are a General, and you insult the civilian leader you work for, you get fired. Freedom of Speech comes with responsibility, and therefore consequences for violating that responsibility. The reason why Freedom of Speech is so enshrined in modern western law is not in order to prevent any form of consequence, but in order to prevent the level of harmful consequence that would make the exercising of such freedom impossibly untenable in the first place. To pretend that intra-alliance drama in an online game even comes close to that level would be utter folly.

Edited by Letum

[quote name='Kryievla' date='06 July 2010 - 05:25 PM' timestamp='1278462316' post='2361809']
It's a shame that rule doesn't apply to you personally. I don't know what happened w/ you & this guy, but I've seen enough logs of you talking that I would believe just about anything.

My opinion is not representative of Valhalla government; many of your members are decent, & we like them, but I personally find your 'freedom of speech' abhorrent, and am appalled that you have the nerve to chastise ANYONE.
[/quote]

I must insist that you cease to freely post in this thread about freedom of speach.

Regent of Valhalla,
Chefjoe

:P

[quote name='Letum' date='06 July 2010 - 10:10 PM' timestamp='1278464994' post='2361867']
If I might match the tone of your high horse, the first place where I "am from" [i]invented[/i] the concept of freedom of speech before Western Civilization had even come into existence. The second place where I "am from" codified it centuries before the U.S's bill of rights even came into existence. I am well aware of what freedom is, and even more of what the "crushing tyranny" you so casually bring up is.

You do not seem to truly know what freedom of speech is. What you are doing here is abusing the concept so that it can serve as your own personal shield. We all live in a society where every action you take has a reaction amongst those around you. Doing so comes with a sense of responsibility and, from the moment that you become a part of a more cohesive social unit, it comes with a social contract. When you sign up for a game like this, you enter a social contract you have to respect the moderation rules. Sanctions for violating them are not an infringement of "freedom of speech". When you sign up for an alliance, you enter a social contract where the benefits conferred upon you by that membership are matched by a contribution, which will often include acting within the alliance's interests. Sanctions for violating them are not an infringement of your "freedom of speech".

Given the oft-cited (by your very self) attempts to seek action upon "racist" remarks, I am surprised you do not realise this. To violate your "freedom" of speech, Legion would have to actually take physical RL action that would restrain your ability to make such expressions, or attach harmful effects to it. What happens within a doubly private setting in an online game does not fit the bill. Certainly, you retain the freedom to speak in any manner you wish, but in this environment, with these social contracts, everybody else has the freedom to act in opposition. You cannot touch without being touched.

Perhaps it is the RP nature of this game, where we have "governments" that gives rise to this mass confusion. An alliance here is not equatable to a real nation state. It is a private organization, and if you do not want to be sanctioned for violating its rules, then you should not be part of it. If you work somewhere, and violate company policy by insulting your boss, you get fired. If you are a General, and you insult the civilian leader you work for, you get fired. Freedom of Speech comes with responsibility, and therefore consequences for violating that responsibility. The reason why Freedom of Speech is so enshrined in modern western law is not in order to prevent any form of consequence, but in order to prevent the level of harmful consequence that would make the exercising of such freedom impossibly untenable in the first place. To pretend that intra-alliance drama in an online game even comes close to that level would be utter folly.
[/quote]

Um what? Watch my tone? Sorry did you not see the part that said; "I AM NOT ATTACKING YOU"? You wanted to turn this into a debate of countries and cultures. So if you would like to create posts in the future that further relate to the thread, I'll do you a solid and reply to them. Otherwise, I'm going to pass this off as off topic nonsense.

Personally I don't care where you're from or what your opinion is on the matter. That's not what this is about.

[quote name='lmcfalcon12' date='06 July 2010 - 07:03 PM' timestamp='1278464578' post='2361860']
I was never thrown out. Resigned with them too. That's when I rerolled and deleted and took 6 months off. I'm sorry that you're still misinformed. Stop posting if you don't know the whole story, which you obviously don't, and its getting really annoying.

I only say I'm sorry when I mean it, and to you, I will give a sincere apology. When I made this post, obviously I didn't think of everyone...that much is apparent. And also its nice to be appreciated...even if its just by one person. I did do a lot of nice things and really didn't think I got my due. Oh well...that's the way things go.

Perhaps I will regret this later, but Legion kept pushing and pushing and pushing, and not treating people equally. They let things go that shouldn't have been and then continuously harped on garbage like a 500 tech fine. I got Konkrage's 3rd note about my payment while I was trying to figure out how to fix my broken down car. Set over the edge? I think so. I apologize to you and the other quality members and I thank you for what you've done to help my battle. I will not say I'm sorry for this thread, because I know that what I said needed to be said. Concerns needed to be addressed and without shouting from the mountain tops, I was never heard. I hope they heard me this time because I've been trying for a long time to get some attention regarding some of garbage going on there.

Its a game. Go to whereever makes you happy, because if you're not having fun, there's no point in playing anymore.

I wish you could have been more like that. Because that was funny. Would have made crap a lot easier.

Dude, people from the Legion, defending the Legion...doesn't count. Sorry to say. That should come standard. You SHOULD defend your alliance.
[/quote]

I apologize. I thought you said you were kicked out of Quantum, that's my bad.

And as a matter of fact, it looks like your definition of a hard-working Legionnaire is someone who praises you. That is sad.

[quote name='jooshbox234' date='06 July 2010 - 10:16 PM' timestamp='1278465362' post='2361885']
I apologize. I thought you said you were kicked out of Quantum, that's my bad.

And as a matter of fact, it looks like your definition of a hard-working Legionnaire is someone who praises you. That is sad.
[/quote]

As far as someone who praises me, I didn't explicitly say he was a hard worker. You can quote me if you want, but see below ;) You know who you work for in the econ sector. That's your choice. You're either in or your out.

Well I'm done replying to you and the others, since I've applied to a new alliance. Hopefully this time when I give respect, I will get it back. A-dios.

[quote name='lmcfalcon12' date='07 July 2010 - 02:15 AM' timestamp='1278465297' post='2361883']
Um what? Watch my tone? Sorry did you not see the part that said; "I AM NOT ATTACKING YOU"?
[/quote]

W may look like an inverted M, but that is about as close as those two letters come to one another.

[quote]
You wanted to turn this into a debate of countries and cultures. So if you would like to create posts in the future that further relate to the thread, I'll do you a solid and reply to them. Otherwise, I'm going to pass this off as off topic nonsense.

Personally I don't care where you're from or what your opinion is on the matter. That's not what this is about.
[/quote]

Seeing as your perception of a violation of your fundamental rights is so central to your anger, discussing the very nature and flaws within that perception is quite relevant.

But of course, you are free to ignore anything you might find inconvenient.

Not surprised. Again I'll say it: Legion get rid of your problem members before more of this happens. Go back to democracy. Go back to your principles.

Looks like little ol' Kev understood what was going on in Legion after all.

Edited by Kevanovia

[quote name='lmcfalcon12' date='07 July 2010 - 02:15 AM' timestamp='1278465297' post='2361883']
Um what? Watch my tone? Sorry did you not see the part that said; "I AM NOT ATTACKING YOU"? You wanted to turn this into a debate of countries and cultures. So if you would like to create posts in the future that further relate to the thread, I'll do you a solid and reply to them. Otherwise, I'm going to pass this off as off topic nonsense.

[/quote]

Dident you mention something about a god given right to freedom of speech that legion was trying to take away ?

Freedom of speech dosent exist in CN. You dont have a god given right to freedom of speech. Legions rules may be stupid and its not a great alliance but you did sign up for it.

Also lol legion harsh punisments for stupied rules:awesome:

[quote name='lmcfalcon12' date='06 July 2010 - 06:51 PM' timestamp='1278456668' post='2361644']
Good of you to get off your high horse to joust with me. I apologize to Hubb for not knowing his situation, but on the other hand, its really none of your business. [b]Dude, you're 17, I don't care about what you think of me[/b], and you never had any respect for me to begin with. I used to think of you as a solid leader, until you went on your racist tirades and used me as your punching bag. Try again. Because this time I get the last laugh. I'm just here to continue showing off the bad reputation that you and your alliance have had for your years. I disobeyed you...oh how sorry I am not. I owe you nothing. You should count it as a blessing that I even wasted the time to reply to your pathetic excuse for defending yourself. Funny how when I defend your actions when Gunnar Griffin attacks you on the BBs, you sit back and watch the action, watch me defend you, but never take part to save yourself. Here I am taking a jab at you, and you finally come out of hiding. Good to see you. Nice of you to finally do something. What else you got for me? :smug:

You're little title says "I'm the boss." Of what? Of racism? Of unclassy bashing and harassment? The boss of disobeying the rules and doing whatever the hell you want? Yeah. But other than that, you're a nothing.
[/quote]
Let me make sure I understand you correctly. Because of his age, his opinion doesn't matter? If that's true, I'd like you to look at this.

[quote]Ageism, also called age discrimination, is stereotyping of and discrimination against individuals or groups because of their age. It is a set of beliefs, attitudes, norms, and values used to justify age based prejudice and discrimination. Source:en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ageism[/quote]

[quote]racism - discriminatory or abusive behavior towards members of another race
Source: wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn[/quote]

If his racist remarks are as horrendous as you say/believe they are, you'll understand if I take offense at your equally horrendous ageist remarks, yes?

[quote name='lmcfalcon12' date='06 July 2010 - 07:22 PM' timestamp='1278458521' post='2361704']
Once again, entitled to my opinion. See here in America, we are allotted the right to free speech. Silly of me to suspect that this God given right would carry over to the Legion on the BBs. I'm sorry for being so stupid. :wacko:
[/quote]
Freedom of Speech is not all-encompassing. Just go yell "fire" in a crowded building and find out for yourself.

[quote name='Gerald Meane' date='06 July 2010 - 07:29 PM' timestamp='1278458932' post='2361718']
Unfortunately we aren't in america. Free speech doesn't carry over to privately owned areas like cn and so forth where the owners can get rid of you if they like for what you say.
[/quote]
OOC: However, if I understand correctly, Admin and these servers are based within America, so there is some credence to what he said./OOC

[quote name='jooshbox234' date='06 July 2010 - 07:32 PM' timestamp='1278459120' post='2361722']
If you don't care, why did you post this? And there's that "its just a game" again. If its just a game, why didn't you just walk away, and leave it be?
[/quote]
That was my thought as well.

[quote name='Letum' date='06 July 2010 - 08:27 PM' timestamp='1278462431' post='2361813']
"them"?

I guess it might be nice to view the world through your tinted glasses, where everything is about you and your issues, but I was actually commenting on the wider problem of coddled humans who act as if "freedom of speech" is a magic word that means they can act without consequence, yet magically spend an inordinate amount of time complaining about what others are saying.

I could care less about what specific issue you have with Legion. I am just very, very sad that this type of hypocritical mentality of rejecting all forms of social limits has become so pervasive. Equating the self with righteousness, and thereby creating the link that any conflicting foreign authority is wrong and therefore something to take umbrage at. I see this type of thing online so much, and I always wonder "Is this how these guys are in real life? How the hell do they survive?"
[/quote]
I was thinking something roughly similar, though I wouldn't have been able to communicate it near as well as you have.

[quote name='lmcfalcon12' date='06 July 2010 - 08:30 PM' timestamp='1278462598' post='2361816']
You can't possibly be from America [and I'm not attacking you], but someone from America would have never said that. See that's the problem with this world...game, country where I'm from. Its a right they give you, but institute it when they deem it appropriate. There's not enough people like me to stand up to the right crushing tyranny of government like Legion etc.

[u]EDIT[/u]: Hmmm. I talked myself in a circle at the end, and I see it now. Better late than never I suppose... <_<
[/quote]
See my reference above about yelling "fire" in a crowded building.

[quote name='Letum' date='06 July 2010 - 09:10 PM' timestamp='1278464994' post='2361867']

[/quote]
I agree whole-heartedly.

[quote name='Letum' date='06 July 2010 - 09:22 PM' timestamp='1278465729' post='2361896']
W may look like an inverted M, but that is about as close as those two letters come to one another.

Seeing as your perception of a violation of your fundamental rights is so central to your anger, discussing the very nature and flaws within that perception is quite relevant.

But of course, you are free to ignore anything you might find inconvenient.
[/quote]
/thread

Everybody can go home now. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Mr Damsky' date='06 July 2010 - 07:03 PM' timestamp='1278457419' post='2361670']
I think that's his beef. That you actually issue gag orders.
[/quote]
They've been doing that for years. If he wanted to get free of gag orders, then he could have headed over to an alliance like ours which doesn't give them.

[quote name='Kevanovia' date='06 July 2010 - 09:41 PM' timestamp='1278466860' post='2361929']
Go back to your principals.
[/quote]
Their principals?

Suddenly I have this vision of Legionnaires lined up outside the principal's office for some reason. :)

Anyway I can't believe this guy. He seems to be complaining about his former alliance's rules, when they've allowed him to voluntarily leave with no repercussions other than not being allowed back in, which he wouldn't want anyway.

I mean, come on. Next time you're going to complain about being oppressed by the Man at least be a ZI target or something.