I was wrong

Alterego

[quote name='ChairmanHal' date='19 June 2010 - 12:19 PM' timestamp='1276975165' post='2343079']
I'm finding these attempts at IRON bashing amusing...particularly in light of the fact they are coming at a time when it appears that IRON might finally actually be able to take the war to what amounts now to a gaggle of high NS nuke rogues and finish this fight.

Disappointed, Sal? <_<
[/quote]

Disappointed? Not quite. Unsurprised is more like it. Unsurprised that I am yet again proven right. While the Hegemony remnant and its apologists indulged in victimhood, the honest and intelligent among us realized that the Gremlins' actions were not unjust, but suicidal. IRON is not [i]now[/i] able to win the war, they always have been. As it becomes clearer everyday, those of you with a fetish for being constantly wrong are finally changing your tune.

Edited by Sal Paradise

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Sal Paradise' date='19 June 2010 - 03:41 PM' timestamp='1276976500' post='2343093']
Disappointed? Not quite. Unsurprised is more like it. Unsurprised that I am yet again proven right. While the Hegemony remnant and its apologists indulged in victimhood, the honest and intelligent among us realized that the Gremlins' actions were not unjust, but suicidal. IRON is not [i]now[/i] able to win the war, they always have been. As it becomes clearer everyday, those of you with a fetish for being constantly wrong are finally changing your tune.
[/quote]

1. The only "Hegemony remnant" left on this ball of mud is in the imagination and nightmares of people who check under the bed each night for fear that the boogieman might be hiding there. Indeed, that the only place that the "Hegemony" was ever real. Sponge was right about that much.

2. I would classify Gramlins actions up to the point that everyone else peaced out with IRON as being neither just or unjust--they picked a side and fought. Everything since can be classified in many ways. Militarily and politically stupid. Suicidal. A total disservice to those in the PH who joined thinking they were becoming part of an elite alliance but instead ended up in the death camp. A waste of time, effort, and years of nation building for nothing. The destruction of an alliance that had a solid reputation for ego's sake. Childish. Calling it "unjust" is relatively mild in comparison.

3. There has been a consensus for some time now that IRON lacked sufficient numbers at the top levels to go on the offensive without getting completely mauled and that staying in Peace Mode was militarily a smart move until they could gain sufficient strength. I'm sorry they don't share you optimistic view of their chances.

4. My "tune" has been consistent since this started. The war needed to end. Gramlins has consistently refused to end the war unless their ego was stroked "just so". So, it's being ended the hard way.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' date='19 June 2010 - 01:19 PM' timestamp='1276978761' post='2343114']
1. The only "Hegemony remnant" left on this ball of mud is in the imagination and nightmares of people who check under the bed each night for fear that the boogieman might be hiding there. Indeed, that the only place that the "Hegemony" was ever real. Sponge was right about that much.

2. I would classify Gramlins actions up to the point that everyone else peaced out with IRON as being neither just or unjust--they picked a side and fought. Everything since can be classified in many ways. Militarily and politically stupid. Suicidal. A total disservice to those in the PH who joined thinking they were becoming part of an elite alliance but instead ended up in the death camp. A waste of time, effort, and years of nation building for nothing. The destruction of an alliance that had a solid reputation for ego's sake. Childish. Calling it "unjust" is relatively mild in comparison.

3. There has been a consensus for some time now that IRON lacked sufficient numbers at the top levels to go on the offensive without getting completely mauled and that staying in Peace Mode was militarily a smart move until they could gain sufficient strength. I'm sorry they don't share you optimistic view of their chances.

4. My "tune" has been consistent since this started. The war needed to end. Gramlins has consistently refused to end the war unless their ego was stroked "just so". So, it's being ended the hard way.
[/quote]

You're wrong, ChairmanHal.

[quote name='Kalasin' date='20 June 2010 - 01:55 AM' timestamp='1276952116' post='2342835']
Gramlins are all upper-tier nations, and most of IRON aren't in range of them (and if they are, they're in peacemode.) Therefore, this is a ballsy move.
[/quote]
Actually over half of Grämlins is uner 40k ns, well within range of IRON nations.

[quote name='Kalasin' date='20 June 2010 - 01:55 AM' timestamp='1276952116' post='2342835']
I'm probably coming across as too pro-IRON, so let me assure you as an ODN member I consider them my enemies, but I'll give them credit where credit is due. It's one of the reasons this war is so retarded- it makes them look like the good guys. <_<
[/quote]
I don't know why you consider them the enemy. ODN isn't at war at IRON anymore.

[quote name='Haflinger' date='20 June 2010 - 03:11 AM' timestamp='1276956666' post='2342858']
In the range at 70K NS and higher, the numbers were 11 vs. 10 in favour of Grämlins. Tecumseh's move makes that a tie.
[/quote]
NS changes when you are war.

[quote name='shahenshah' date='20 June 2010 - 11:28 AM' timestamp='1276986487' post='2343193']
Incorrect, fight is pending in upper tiers, his timing is not off.
[/quote]

How much longer is it going to be pending? Six months? A year?

If it's pending much longer than a few weeks I will be returning home.

[quote]Too bad, does this mean I cannot fight you Tecumseh? [/quote]

No, Kriek. I haven't a clue what IRON leadership is planning, but there are 20K tech nukes out there to eat. That's pretty much what I signed up for. I'll be down around your level shortly, I suspect.

[quote name='Matt Miller' date='19 June 2010 - 02:05 PM' timestamp='1276977898' post='2343102']
Hey, hey, hey I beg your pardon sir. :)
[/quote]
Perhaps I should have said "in the past month" or however long it's been.

But yeah, you did your fair share of fighting.

[quote name='Drai' date='20 June 2010 - 02:49 PM' timestamp='1277059758' post='2343954']
Perhaps I should have said "in the past month" or however long it's been.

But yeah, you did your fair share of fighting.
[/quote]
My last wars expired 4 days ago, details [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=83465&view=findpost&p=2340635"]here[/url]. I'm still very much involved in this.

[quote name='lebubu' date='20 June 2010 - 11:16 PM' timestamp='1277072143' post='2344162']
I can't remember a time when you were right.
[/quote]
Keep reading all my posts & hanging on my every word. You've obviously been doing it for years if you can make a statement like that.

Edited by Alterego

[quote name='Alterego' date='21 June 2010 - 12:48 AM' timestamp='1277074093' post='2344196']
Keep reading all my posts & hanging on my every word. You've obviously been doing it for years if you can make a statement like that.
[/quote]

People stopped taking your posts seriously around Karma, when you first started running your mouth regularly. My statement stands.

[quote name='Alterego' date='21 June 2010 - 03:48 AM' timestamp='1277074093' post='2344196']
[/quote]

Nvm Alterego, unless approved by Archon, those posts mean nothing :awesome:

[quote name='Matt Miller' date='20 June 2010 - 01:16 PM' timestamp='1277061369' post='2343973']
My last wars expired 4 days ago, details [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=83465&view=findpost&p=2340635"]here[/url]. I'm still very much involved in this.
[/quote]
Oh, I must have been dozing off the past couple weeks, because I've looked a fair amount of times since April (admittedly mostly in late April-May) and haven't seen an IRON-Gre war in the upper tier.

Please don't tell me you were fighting in May because I honestly don't know how I would have missed that and I'll feel like an idiot D:

[quote name='shahenshah' date='21 June 2010 - 11:06 AM' timestamp='1277114794' post='2345042']
Nvm Alterego, unless approved by Archon, those posts mean nothing :awesome:
[/quote]

Great way to facetiously try to justify your unjustifiable war on us, buddy. No one is buying it.