Athens Press Conference

[quote name='Muddog' date='11 June 2010 - 03:13 AM' timestamp='1276240416' post='2333036']
Not a bad response, but I do have a few follow up questions if you don't mind.

If you could convey one thing about Athens to the general populous what would it be?

To rephrase my question, name a member other than those who get public praise that is doing an over the top job? (I ask this because I don't think alliances give enough credit to the unsung hero.)

Where do you see Athens going in the next 3 months?

If somebody was looking to join Athens what would you say is your best quality as an alliance? And what is your worst?
[/quote]

1) The general public opinion about is is incorrect.

2) This really does vary with activity cycles.

3) Going? We like where we are, why would we go anywhere?

4) Our best quality is available leadership. In so many alliances, I sit in their IRC channels, or go to their channels to talk to someone, and nobody can be found. It is rare, indeed, that you cannot find a member of Athens gov to handle issues. Our worst quality is our reputation. The populace of planet Bob like to latch onto one thing and crucify you over it for eternity. We have made our peace with our reputation, and have ceased trying to change people's minds about us.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='wickedj' date='11 June 2010 - 04:38 AM' timestamp='1276245519' post='2333069']
I support Jasmine for Athens Viceroy

Jgoods, when are you going to coup Rush and take back your rightful spot as MoFA..also lulz@OO
[/quote]

I find this post offensive! You will be hearing from me... old man!

[quote name='Believland' date='11 June 2010 - 05:39 AM' timestamp='1276249159' post='2333093']
Except in WoTC, am I right?

6 Months have to past first ;)

Did Rsox ever get his thong turned around?
[/quote]

See, we have adopted the philosophy presented to planet Bob by our Pacifican Brothers. Since our only military goal in WOTC was to survive, and to be honest... we really had no other objective... just defend MK until we could get peace for both of us, and come out of it alive... as such.. we claim a resounding Athenian victory on the WOTC.

Also, the 6 months comments are not, never have been, and never will be... clever.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' date='11 June 2010 - 05:46 AM' timestamp='1276249546' post='2333097']
See, we have adopted the philosophy presented to planet Bob by our Pacifican Brothers. Since our only military goal in WOTC was to survive, and to be honest... we really had no other objective... just defend MK until we could get peace for both of us, and come out of it alive... as such.. we claim a resounding Athenian victory on the WOTC.

Also, the 6 months comments are not, never have been, and never will be... clever.
[/quote]
Then I salute your victory! <S>

And you never answered the main question. Did Rsox turn his thong around?

Another one, What would you rather take back? KoN or BBW?

[quote name='Believland' date='11 June 2010 - 05:56 AM' timestamp='1276250196' post='2333099']
Then I salute your victory! <S>

And you never answered the main question. Did Rsox turn his thong around?

Another one, What would you rather take back? KoN or BBW?
[/quote]

I cant speak as to Rsox undergarments... he can handle that himself. Your 2nd question is quite silly. We would take Ni! back, because we 100000% fully believe we did the right thing in the BBW.

Do you sometimes forget to do the little things, like feed the fish, water the plants, and check on your protectorates?

Do you remember having protectorates, or is that waking up in Vegas with a hangover and not knowing who those other people are?

[quote name='Londo Mollari' date='10 June 2010 - 10:44 PM' timestamp='1276224269' post='2332644']
Take BAPS up on that duel offer. I'll be rooting for you if you do, since you're allied to ODN.
[/quote]
Oh dear sir shall we place bets on it then :P Also Londo you wound me sir

[quote name='Londo Mollari' date='11 June 2010 - 01:59 AM' timestamp='1276235938' post='2332957']
It wouldn't. My first act as Emperor of =LOST= would be to change the name to Athens, and my second act would be to cancel the Ronin treaty. Just for you Nite. :wub:
[/quote]

Oh, how cute. Londo thinks that he will become Emperor when Athens finally merges into =LOST=. Like Londo could ever get elected to anything :smug:

[quote name='supercoolyellow' date='11 June 2010 - 11:00 AM' timestamp='1276268410' post='2333264']
HAve most Athenians started in Athens/original merging alliances, or are they existing members that transfered from other alliances?
[/quote]

Since the original size of AThens was ~40 nations, and it now stands at 151, most were from merges, new joins, or transfers.

[quote name='Yuurei' date='11 June 2010 - 11:00 AM' timestamp='1276268419' post='2333265']
Do you sometimes forget to do the little things, like feed the fish, water the plants, and check on your protectorates?

Do you remember having protectorates, or is that waking up in Vegas with a hangover and not knowing who those other people are?
[/quote]

We dont have fish. They are boring pets. We always remember our protectorates.

[quote name='James Maximus' date='11 June 2010 - 12:27 PM' timestamp='1276273638' post='2333332']
Is Londo ready to admit he was wrong about that TSI stuff?
[/quote]

I will not speak for Londo, but personally, while I believe he may have been incorrect about the reason he specified.... He was 100% correct in sentiment. This was confirmed when a member of TSI's gov at that time, admitted that HE knew of the reasons for the formation of Zero Hour (while they held a PIAT with us, I might add), and remained silent to us about it. It is reasonable to assume that he wasnt the only gov member who knew of ZH's reason for existence. So, in sentiment, we were 100% correct.

[quote name='NotYou' date='11 June 2010 - 12:46 PM' timestamp='1276274776' post='2333343']
How impressed or unimpressed were you by WFF's fighting in the last war?
[/quote]

Given your size, there was little to be impressed or unimpressed by. I dont mean that as a slight, I just mean that your size painted you into a perspective of 'oh by the way, WFF is hitting us too." Personally, I fought 2 WFF nations. They did fine, so kudos to them.

[quote name='Jgoods45' date='10 June 2010 - 06:33 PM' timestamp='1276223601' post='2332610']
Marry: MK
Screw: ODN
Kill: =LOST=. Our cold war will finally be over!

:wub: CnG
[/quote]
GR, not wealthy enough to marry, not hot enough to screw, but just useful enough not to kill, eh?

[quote name='Gn0xious Jr' date='11 June 2010 - 06:03 PM' timestamp='1276293762' post='2333856']
GR, not wealthy enough to marry, not hot enough to screw, but just useful enough not to kill, eh?
[/quote]

Shamed is the son I gave up many years ago, I cant do any of the three options to him!

[quote name='Rush Sykes' date='12 June 2010 - 11:06 AM' timestamp='1276293993' post='2333864']
Shamed is the son I gave up many years ago[/quote]

This explains so much. It's even more of a reason to ban you two from the gov chan <______<

[quote name='Rush Sykes' date='11 June 2010 - 04:33 PM' timestamp='1276291996' post='2333782']
Given your size, there was little to be impressed or unimpressed by. I dont mean that as a slight, I just mean that your size painted you into a perspective of 'oh by the way, WFF is hitting us too." Personally, I fought 2 WFF nations. They did fine, so kudos to them.
[/quote]

I get what you mean. Thank you for the honest answer :)

[quote name='Lusitan' date='12 June 2010 - 12:10 AM' timestamp='1276315784' post='2334491']
What is your general opinion of TFD?
[/quote]

While we have a clearly divergent political agenda... I have had a couple FA dealings with you folks, and found you to be competent, hospitable, and downright likeable... Especially that Gearhead chap. It is safe to say we have a completely neutral opinion on this.