Imperial Decree from the New Pacific Order

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='QuotingTheCrow' date='22 May 2010 - 10:43 PM' timestamp='1274582594' post='2308696']
Impressive stat jump. Good job.
[/quote]
I was impressed until I noticed so much of it was simply military mobilization; a build-up well past anything necessary for defense. 12.5 million soldiers and 800k tanks will provide for considerable NS. By comparison, MHA has 8 million soldiers and 320k tanks.

[quote name='Ardus' date='23 May 2010 - 02:27 PM' timestamp='1274585237' post='2308738']
I was impressed until I noticed so much of it was simply military mobilization; a build-up well past anything necessary for defense. 12.5 million soldiers and 800k tanks will provide for considerable NS. By comparison, MHA has 8 million soldiers and 320k tanks.
[/quote]
Well past anything needed for defense? Perhaps normal peacetime defense, but we are in a unique position. Certainly not comparable to MHA, in any case.

[quote name='Ardus' date='22 May 2010 - 11:27 PM' timestamp='1274585237' post='2308738']
[/quote]
They have significantly more infrastructure than MHA as well, which does tend to lead to greater soldier counts.

[quote name='WorldConqueror' date='23 May 2010 - 04:54 PM' timestamp='1274586881' post='2308759']
Well past anything needed for defense? Perhaps normal peacetime defense, but we are in a unique position. Certainly not comparable to MHA, in any case.
[/quote]
What unique position would that be?

[quote name='Haflinger' date='23 May 2010 - 05:19 PM' timestamp='1274588337' post='2308784']
They have significantly more infrastructure than MHA as well, which does tend to lead to greater soldier counts.
[/quote]

While this is true the difference in infra isn't big enough to require that many soldiers.

[quote name='Ryuzaki' date='23 May 2010 - 03:41 PM' timestamp='1274589660' post='2308802']
What unique position would that be?
[/quote]
The fact that we are the New Pacific Order, newly out of terms with few nukes or tech to defend ourselves. Add that to the explicit threat from two alliances to attack us, the various people who have said that our terms were too light or we should have been disbanded, and that the current alliances in power have no love of us and have shown they are quite prepared to attack what they see as 'ex-hegemony' alliances on flimsy CBs. I would say that is quite reason enough to have more military on hand than normal peacetime soldier levels.

[quote name='WorldConqueror' date='23 May 2010 - 12:48 AM' timestamp='1274590106' post='2308809']
The fact that we are the New Pacific Order, newly out of terms with few nukes or tech to defend ourselves. Add that to the explicit threat from two alliances to attack us, the various people who have said that our terms were too light or we should have been disbanded, and that the current alliances in power have no love of us and have shown they are quite prepared to attack what they see as 'ex-hegemony' alliances on flimsy CBs. I would say that is quite reason enough to have more military on hand than normal peacetime soldier levels.
[/quote]

Who are these two alliances? :huh:

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='23 May 2010 - 04:03 PM' timestamp='1274590986' post='2308827']
Who are these two alliances? :huh:
[/quote]
I'm surprised you don't know, considering one is in your bloc. Athens and GOD IIRC, I believe it was mentioned in a Sir Paul piece a little while ago. Funny I know, but then our nations haven't had 10 months of receiving tech from theirs, or the ability to buy military wonders, putting us at a disadvantage on a nation by nation basis. I know some will counter with 'OMG, look at the difference in number of members'. Yes, we have more members than them, but even 3 nations with little tech against one with a lot and a WRC/MP are going to take a lot of damage.

[quote name='WorldConqueror' date='23 May 2010 - 01:18 AM' timestamp='1274591874' post='2308839']
I'm surprised you don't know, considering one is in your bloc. Athens and GOD IIRC, I believe it was mentioned in a Sir Paul piece a little while ago. Funny I know, but then our nations haven't had 10 months of receiving tech from theirs, or the ability to buy military wonders, putting us at a disadvantage on a nation by nation basis. I know some will counter with 'OMG, look at the difference in number of members'. Yes, we have more members than them, but even 3 nations with little tech against one with a lot and a WRC/MP are going to take a lot of damage.
[/quote]
Wait you're worried about GOD and Athens?

[quote name='BlkAK47002' date='23 May 2010 - 01:26 AM' timestamp='1274592377' post='2308847']
[/quote]

You are speaking to an alliance that has more military experience than any other in the game. You on the other hand, have next to none.

[quote name='Haflinger' date='23 May 2010 - 01:29 AM' timestamp='1274592574' post='2308848']
Those alliances do have allies, you know.
[/quote]
They arent the greastest human beings on the planet but I find it hard it believe that GOD and Athens buddies would join actually join them in an unwarranted attack on NPO.

[quote name='BlkAK47002' date='23 May 2010 - 04:26 PM' timestamp='1274592377' post='2308847']
[/quote]
Did you not read what I wrote? I explained why that would be a concern. No, we aren't freaking out and cringing in the corner, but we are prepared should it happen.

[quote name='BlkAK47002' date='23 May 2010 - 01:35 AM' timestamp='1274592905' post='2308853']
They arent the greastest human beings on the planet but I find it hard it believe that GOD and Athens buddies would join actually join them in an unwarranted attack on NPO.
[/quote]

Remember when Athens and FoB attacked Knights of Ni! ?

[quote name='Lennox' date='23 May 2010 - 01:37 AM' timestamp='1274593021' post='2308858']
Remember when Athens and FoB attacked Knights of Ni! ?
[/quote]
If you think I was trying sling an insult at NPO pull back on the throttle, because I wasn't.

I was just expressing how suprised I was that NPO was concerned about a GOD/Athens threat. Nothing more nothing less.

And sure Athens raided another alliance but they aren't dumb enough to pull that with Pacifica. If they do happen to try I will enjoy seeing them get rolled.

Edited by BlkAK47002

[quote name='BlkAK47002' date='23 May 2010 - 04:35 PM' timestamp='1274592905' post='2308853']
[/quote]
Also, GOD and Athens were a small part of that list. Really, just the fact that we are the NPO warrants a military buildup, just due to all those who can't get rid of their angst any other way besides attacking us.

Edited by WorldConqueror

[quote name='WorldConqueror' date='23 May 2010 - 01:43 AM' timestamp='1274593414' post='2308866']
Also, GOD and Athens were a small part of that list. Really, just the fact that we are the NPO warrants a military buildup, just due to all those who can't get rid of their angst any other way besides attacking us.
[/quote]
An unprovoked attack on you guys while you're just coming out of terms is really dirty, Even for them. I think they care too much about their PR to pull that.

[quote name='BlkAK47002' date='23 May 2010 - 05:02 PM' timestamp='1274594554' post='2308877']
An unprovoked attack on you guys while you're just coming out of terms is really dirty, Even for them. I think they care too much about their PR to pull that.
[/quote]
I was more talking about individual nations with that last post.