Imperial Decree from the New Pacific Order

Come now, ShinRa, I have made several posts inviting you to Pacifica to come and take tea with me, and you have not responded. I know you are a busy man, but you could give me the courtesy of an acknowledgment of my invitation.

Our alliances are allies, and I have enjoyed tea with many a GATOan. They will tell you that I never put baby blood in their tea, unless they ask for it. Not even once. For I am a gentleman.

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Shinra"]
It is Pacifica that I hold a grudge against, not Vortex. If he wishes to dig up hold grudges and wounds in the actions which relate to me, actions which I have repented for, then I shall hold him to actions taken by Pacifica, which as I am concerned have not been apologised for or corrected. Largely due to the fact he is a member of it.
[/quote]

I am only doing to you what you do for others. You feel we have not repented. Yet, we have. You have insufficient experience and evidence to conclude we do not regret the past policies that landed us in Karma. You are already judging us before we have even had an opportunity to prove any change at all. The correction was made via a judgment rendered by the community. Only you feel your standards.. which are higher than those of the community, should be enforced.

Whether or not you wish to hold things against me I didn't do prior to my time in CN against me is a decision you yourself will have to make. Know only that if you do that it will speak volumes as to your definition of morality.

[quote name='Jens of the desert' date='20 May 2010 - 02:20 AM' timestamp='1274347238' post='2304787']
Not quite what I meant. I personally don't think you deserve to still exist as the same alliance, but of course others will say that makes me morally incorrect or puts me on the same level as the NPO but it doesn't bother me either way as these thoughts are purely relative and subjective.
[/quote]

It's like executing a serial killer. It's not hypocrisy. It's justice.

Edited by Sal Paradise

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' date='20 May 2010 - 05:48 PM' timestamp='1274374116' post='2305304']
So, in summary: You are judging us on past actions we have paid for according to community desires. You believe yourself to have a higher standard than the community to which we are to be upheld meaning we are only worthy of destruction unless we have changed.[/quote]

Please point out where I stated this. Where I specifically stated my regard to be above the rest of the community and to have a higher standard than them.

You also appear to be ignoring many of the comments I have previously made. Pacifica and many of its leading and older members deserve destruction, not all of those who follow it. That is based upon my personal opinion and regard towards you.

[quote]You do not believe we have changed, but you do not know if we have changed, but you continue to rail against us anyway despite not knowing with a certainty whether or not there is any true alteration to our behavior. You still think we have done far more damage than we have paid for, despite the community as a whole thinking otherwise. The only way for you to get past this is to let time heal the wounds and prove out whether or not we have changed.[/quote]

You have given me little reason to believe that you have changed in the slightest. As stated in the last several posts, if you prove me wrong and do change then I will stop holding the past against you. But only when you prove yourself to be above the scum you appeared to be in the past.

And yes, I still regard you as having dome far more damage to Bob than you have paid for. And that last statement just re-enforces my previous posts, if you prove me wrong over the coming months, years or whatnot then I will stop holding the past against you.

[quote]Very well. Give us time. You'll see the difference. Until then, could you relent on pressing judgments when we have only just exited prison? Would you toss an inmate who has served his sentence to society back in jail simply because you disagreed with the judge even though he just literally stepped out of the gates of the prison and has done nothing wrong yet? Would you slander that person even though they've cleared their record by the standards of the courts?

I note, usually when you do such things it is you who end up jailed again, not the ex-inmate.[/quote]

That would depend upon the severity of his crime and just how easily got off being given a truly fitting sentence. I would be willing to let them prove themselves to be changed, but I would not instantly trust them and give them the benefit of the doubt when so little in their attitude and mannerisms have changed.

[quote]In short: Give it a break. Come back to it later when you actually have something new on us to place before the judge?
[/quote]

See comments above.

1. Prove you have changed.
2. Continue to improve.
3. Show members to have a better moral standing than the scum who ruled during the times up to the Karma War.
4. ?????
5/ Profit!

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' date='20 May 2010 - 05:58 PM' timestamp='1274374679' post='2305319']
I am only doing to you what you do for others. You feel we have not repented. Yet, we have. You have insufficient experience and evidence to conclude we do not regret the past policies that landed us in Karma.[/quote]

I have more than enough experience with the past policies which landed you in Karma, and have seen enough of them to make me doubt that you are capable of instantly changing from a mob of imperialistic raiders trying to dominate half the game into truly decent people.

[quote]You are already judging us before we have even had an opportunity to prove any change at all.[/quote]

And yet as I have repeatedly stated I am giving you full opportunity to prove me otherwise.

[quote]The correction was made via a judgment rendered by the community. Only you feel your standards.. which are higher than those of the community, should be enforced.[/quote]

Because you did not pay enough or were punished enough to equal the damage you did to Bob in your various wars and crimes.

[quote]Whether or not you wish to hold things against me I didn't do prior to my time in CN against me is a decision you yourself will have to make. Know only that if you do that it will speak volumes as to your definition of morality.
[/quote]

My definition of morality has already repeatedly been pointed out when you questioned what I would regard as being a fitting punishment for what you have done. It also results in me not instantly trust alliances who were noted to have a ‘troll squad’ performed PZI and EZI over the slightest excuses and have thus far not given any reason to suggest you have changed at all.

And as stated before it is not you specifically I am holding these crimes to but the alliance you are part of as a whole.

Edited by ShinRa

[quote name='ShinRa' date='20 May 2010 - 01:12 PM' timestamp='1274375556' post='2305335']
See comments above.

1. Prove you have changed.
2. Continue to improve.
3. Show members to have a better moral standing than the scum who ruled during the times up to the Karma War.
4. ?????
5/ Profit!
[/quote]

Fair enough. Now come have tea with us dammit! It's starting to get cold and I just made a pot for all of us. We have a lot of bad will to make up for.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' date='20 May 2010 - 06:53 PM' timestamp='1274374374' post='2305307']
Good luck and godspeed.
[/quote]
[quote name='sethb' date='20 May 2010 - 07:00 PM' timestamp='1274374810' post='2305322']
Good luck folks.
[/quote]
I thank you both for your wishes of good fortune.

I hope it is a sign for the future, and a promising start to more.

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' date='20 May 2010 - 10:11 AM' timestamp='1274375471' post='2305334']
So you're comparing the NPO to being 600 serial killers.. now that's just funny.. and absurd.
[/quote]

It's more like a small cadre of serial killers and their hundreds of accomplices.

[quote name='ShinRa' date='20 May 2010 - 11:12 AM' timestamp='1274375556' post='2305335']And yes, I still regard you as having dome far more damage to Bob than you have paid for. [b]And that last statement just re-enforces my previous posts, if you prove me wrong over the coming months, years or whatnot then I will stop holding the past against you.[/b]
[/quote]

Forgive me if I don't hold my breath. You've spent the last 10 pages railing on us, all the while our Emperor has offered you a cup of tea and you've done everything short of throwing it right back into his face. Who knows, maybe we might surprise you if you gave us a chance, but given your conduct in this thread, I don't foresee that happening...ever.

Not to distract from the constant feeding of the (insert word here) and their ability to make so many things about them and their hatred and their inability to realize that the humor in their posts is a delicacy but I have a simple word to express.

Thanks.

Such goes to VE who was the most consistent in the protection clause. Also to the Lords, Triumvirs, Secretaries, Ministers and Economic leadership that has spent the last 6 months with myself ensuring payments went relatively smooth and issues were resolved in good time.

To all those that still wish Pacificans to be ground into dust: I'd like to thank you as well. Without your constant moaning and complaining, we might not know that we were doing things right. :)

[quote name='Hydro' date='20 May 2010 - 06:37 PM' timestamp='1274377008' post='2305366']
Forgive me if I don't hold my breath. You've spent the last 10 pages railing on us, all the while our Emperor has offered you a cup of tea and you've done everything short of throwing it right back into his face. Who knows, maybe we might surprise you if you gave us a chance, but given your conduct in this thread, I don't foresee that happening...ever.
[/quote]

Has it occurred to you that the last ten pages might have not featured me railing against your alliance had you simply stopped replying or dropped the subject.
And you're right. You might surprise me and you might prove me wrong, thus I am giving you a chance to chance and watching your actions. It depends entirely upon your members as to how I regard the NPO in the future.
If they change, then things change for the better.

Also, have we met before? No offence but most Pacificans have very little to differentiate themselves from other members of the Order.

Edited by ShinRa

[quote name='Hydro' date='20 May 2010 - 01:37 PM' timestamp='1274377008' post='2305366']
[/quote]

C'mon Hydro. We got to give him a chance to. It's a two way street. Got to meet in the middle as they say.

[quote name='ShinRa' date='20 May 2010 - 06:41 PM' timestamp='1274377270' post='2305373']
Has it occurred to you that the last ten pages might have not featured me railing against your alliance had you simply stopped replying or dropped the subject.
[/quote]

I believe that the "don't pay attention to him" strategy did cross our minds, yes.

[quote name='ShinRa' date='20 May 2010 - 01:41 PM' timestamp='1274377270' post='2305373']Also, have we met before? No offence but most Pacificans have very little to differentiate themselves from other members of the Order.[/quote]You're cute.

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' date='20 May 2010 - 11:42 AM' timestamp='1274377338' post='2305377']
C'mon Hydro. We got to give him a chance to. It's a two way street. Got to meet in the middle as they say.
[/quote]

That was my middle ground. If I was in any other alliance, I'd probably content myself to post a giant flaming middle finger and be done with it. :P

[color=#1C2837][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=2][quote]Also, have we met before? No offence but [b]most Pacificans have very little to differentiate themselves from other members of the Order[/b].[/quote][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#1C2837][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=2]
[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#1C2837][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=2]Not to my knowledge. You couldn't be further from the truth either: in an alliance of 600 members there is an enormous deviation between one Pacifican from the next. Seriously, it does you an injustice to think of us all as mindless drones slaving under an evil Overmind. Look beyond the propaganda of a year ago, and I promise that you'll find we're not half as bad as you might think. On a personal note, if I thought that Pacifica was the Pacifica it was a year ago, I would not be here.[/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='Letum' date='20 May 2010 - 01:51 PM' timestamp='1274377890' post='2305389']
I believe that the "don't pay attention to him" strategy did cross our minds, yes.
[/quote]

I decided against it because I believe any relationship that is strained is still potentially worth salvaging, heh. I can be such a hippy at times.