Rating Alliances 2

wickedj

[quote name='Byron Orpheus' date='06 June 2010 - 05:52 PM' timestamp='1275861120' post='2326794']
I don't know much about the alliance itself (stats and whatnot), but I consistently see members of that alliance behaving obnoxiously on the OWF. Can't think of the particular place off of the top of my head, but generally my impression is that Asgaard people are antagonistic.
[/quote]

All things considered, I'll take that as a compliment really. I've seen far worse, but to see someone remember us is worth the hate.

Truth be told though, would love to see some of this antagonistic behavior or obnoxious behavior. I make a note to notice where most of my guys post (can't see it all) and from what I've seen of the people who do post we mostly congratulate our allies, defend our allies, or talk a bit of trash where it's due.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Byron Orpheus' date='06 June 2010 - 05:52 PM' timestamp='1275861120' post='2326794']
I don't know much about the alliance itself (stats and whatnot), but I consistently see members of that alliance behaving obnoxiously on the OWF. Can't think of the particular place off of the top of my head, but generally my impression is that Asgaard people are antagonistic.
[/quote]

If Asgaard gets a zero for being sort of obnoxious a few times you sort of remember, what does VE get? Negative thirtyfive?

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' date='06 June 2010 - 07:51 PM' timestamp='1275871861' post='2327034']
If Asgaard gets a zero for being sort of obnoxious a few times you sort of remember, what does VE get? Negative thirtyfive?
[/quote]

Edit: Oh yeah, I needed more words than just "100."

Edited by Aeternos Astramora

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' date='07 June 2010 - 01:51 AM' timestamp='1275871861' post='2327034']
[/quote]
They weren't on the list. I have tolerance for a lot of things, but I do not have much tolerance for people who lack tact.

Besides, I believe that my criteria for rating them is a least more legitimate than 90 percent of the decisions made in this world.

[quote name='Byron Orpheus' date='07 June 2010 - 08:38 AM' timestamp='1275914282' post='2327721']
They weren't on the list. I have tolerance for a lot of things, but I do not have much tolerance for people who lack tact.
[/quote]

[i]a keen sense of what to say or do to avoid giving offense; skill in dealing with difficult or delicate situations.[/i]

We lack the ability to deal with difficult and delicate situations? Or we lake the sense to avoid giving people offense? Because the second one about everyone can be considered devoid of. And the first, well you don't know us so I don't see how you could believe that.

Bear in mind, I don't care about your rating, rating us below GGA means nothing to me, but learning how other people perceive us, yes that does mean something to me. It is impossible to be a good leader without recognizing the light in which your shadow is cast.

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' date='07 June 2010 - 09:53 AM' timestamp='1275918818' post='2327753']
[i]a keen sense of what to say or do to avoid giving offense; skill in dealing with difficult or delicate situations.[/i]

We lack the ability to deal with difficult and delicate situations? Or we lake the sense to avoid giving people offense? Because the second one about everyone can be considered devoid of. And the first, well you don't know us so I don't see how you could believe that.

Bear in mind[b], I don't care[/b] about your rating, rating us below GGA means nothing to me, but learning how other people perceive us, yes that [b]does mean something[/b] [b]to me[/b]. It is impossible to be a good leader without recognizing the light in which your shadow is cast.
[/quote]

You might want to word this better. You're saying you don't care about the rating (his perception of you), yet are saying it means something to you. :P

[quote name='Voodoo Nova' date='07 June 2010 - 11:50 AM' timestamp='1275925802' post='2327842']
You might want to word this better. You're saying you don't care about the rating (his perception of you), yet are saying it means something to you. :P
[/quote]

Checking carefully, I meant what I said. I don't care about the rating given, but how other people perceive us I do care about. Meaning rate us as low as appropriate, but explain and show why you did so I can understand that if you're going to claim we're a bottom feeder.

[quote name='Byron Orpheus' date='07 June 2010 - 01:38 PM' timestamp='1275914282' post='2327721']

Besides, I believe that my criteria for rating them is a least more legitimate than 90 percent of the decisions made in this world.
[/quote]

If it appears we lack tact it is probably because I like to rattle people and test them. If the leaders of an alliance can't handle a bit of criticism then I know certain things about them.

That said if you ask our allies about us, we are loyal to the extreme and great fun to be around. :ehm:

[quote name='commander thrawn' date='07 June 2010 - 08:19 PM' timestamp='1275938375' post='2327978']
If it appears we lack tact it is probably because I like to rattle people and test them. If the leaders of an alliance can't handle a bit of criticism then I know certain things about them.

That said if you ask our allies about us, we are loyal to the extreme and great fun to be around. :ehm:
[/quote]
Then perhaps I am wrong, but I am not your ally :)

In response to the person who said that I rated you below GGA-- I gave my own alliance a 5. What are you going to say?

[quote name='Byron Orpheus' date='07 June 2010 - 11:35 PM' timestamp='1275968100' post='2328511']
Then perhaps I am wrong, but I am not your ally :)

In response to the person who said that I rated you below GGA-- I gave my own alliance a 5. What are you going to say?
[/quote]

That you keep ignoring my questions.

[quote name='commander thrawn' date='07 June 2010 - 02:19 PM' timestamp='1275938375' post='2327978']

[/quote]
Good lord you guys are sensitive to how others feel about you :huh:

5 is either 'meh' or 'I know pretty much nothing about you'

Silence- 6, They seem alright. I know them a bit from when I was in TYR and they're on our side of the treaty web.
NATO- 4
Global Order of Darkness- 8, I'm not as close to them as some others on our AA, but what I've seen from them, I've liked.
We Are Perth Army- 4
Global Democratic Alliance- 2
World Federation- 5
Argent- 5
The Phoenix Federation- 4
Genesis- 6, I can't think of many blue AA's I particularly like, but these guys seem pretty cool to me.
Imperial Assault Alliance- 6, Same as above.
Regnum Invictorum(Invicta)- 3
New Sith Order- 6, They're on the other side of the web, but of all our "enemies" I'd say they're my favorite
The Resistance- 5
Asgaard- 7, Glad to see some one other than us crazy enough to treaty with \m/. I also remember talking with LW when I was in TYR. Cool dude.
Goon Order of Oppression, Negligence and Sadism- 6, Still don't quite know how I feel about you guys. You're cool to hang out with though and we have common ally which is always a plus.
Greenland Republic- 5, You guys are pretty quiet...
Carpe Diem- 6, I rather enjoyed our quick little skirmish with them.
iFOK- 6
Christian Coalition of Countries- 5
Monos Archein- 5, Zilla is cool, but I really don't know them that well otherwise.
Valhalla- 5
United Commonwealth of Nations- 4
Green Old Party- 5
Fellowship of Elite Allied Republics- 1
Union of Integrated National Entities- 4
\m/- 9, If I wasn't in Corp, I would most likely be here.
Order of the Black Rose- 5
Echelon- 3
Ronin- 4
The German Empire- 4
The Corporation- :awesome:
Seaworthy Liberian Cardboard Boxes- 5
The Sweet Oblivion- 5
Grand Global Alliance- 3
Federation of Allied Republics- 3
The Lost World- 5
=LOST=- 5
United Blue Directorate- 5
TheNinjas- 5

Edited by LegendoftheSkies

[quote name='commander thrawn' date='08 June 2010 - 09:45 PM' timestamp='1276047911' post='2329476']
No, just confused. Why we warrant a 0 from GGA of all alliances. :lol1:
[/quote]

No, from Byron. You were given a 0 from one person. For someone who talks about how others can't take criticism, you have had multiple people from your alliance questioning the ratings of Asgaard from others. I agree with bigwoody. Don't talk about how others can't handle criticism when it's obvious you can't whatsoever.

Edited by JackSkellington

[quote name='JackSkellington' date='09 June 2010 - 04:47 AM' timestamp='1276055207' post='2329643']
No, from Byron. You were given a 0 from one person. For someone who talks about how others can't take criticism, you have had multiple people from your alliance questioning the ratings of Asgaard from others. I agree with bigwoody. Don't talk about how others can't handle criticism when it's obvious you can't whatsoever.
[/quote]

What is the point of this thread if not to illicit questions?

If I rated a bunch of people I didn't know at 0 I would expect people to question me. Since he rated us as low as possible for very shaky reasons I see no problem in asking why.

Edit: Also a member of an Alliance speaks for their Alliance at least to an extent.

Edited by commander thrawn

[quote name='JackSkellington' date='09 June 2010 - 05:19 AM' timestamp='1276057180' post='2329691']
Right now, it just looks like you're whining about someone rating you low, which doesn't help your score at all.
[/quote]

No it doesn't but as Lonewolfe said. Rate us as low as is necessary but at least give us a reason so we know what if anything to work on.

Silence - 6 Have not seen a lot from you guys, but the stuff I have seen have been good so far.
NATO - 5 Still confused with entering CDT then leaving just as quick.
Global Order of Darkness - 4 Don't have much fondness for you guys
We Are Perth Army - 6 You get a 6 for just still being here after a real rocky time.
Global Democratic Alliance - 3 meh
World Federation - N/A Just don't know enough about you guys.
Argent - 5 Mistake after mistake
The Phoenix Federation - 3 meh
Genesis - 5 Seem ok
Imperial Assault Alliance - 5 (+3 for having stagger lee)
Regnum Invictorum(Invicta) - 6 Good people
New Sith Order - 5 Some idiotic comments once in a while but otherwise entertaining
The Resistance - Who?
Asgaard - 5 meh
Goon Order of Oppression, Negligence and Sadism - 3 Issues after issue with you guys, rub me off the wrong way
Greenland Republic - 6 Very quite, but I like
Carpe Diem - 5 meh
iFOK - 4 Just don't like you
Christian Coalition of Countries - 8 fought against you during WotC and you guys were great and honourable.
Monos Archein - 5 I miss mamaduck :(
Valhalla - 6 for Bud
United Commonwealth of Nations - 8 LOVE YOU GUYS
Green Old Party - Who?
Fellowship of Elite Allied Republics - 7 GO turtle GO
Union of Integrated National Entities - 5 I don't like how you deal with rogues/ghosts
\m/ - 3 I just don't get your train of thought or reasoning
Order of the Black Rose - 5 Hiding
Echelon - 6 No problems with them
Ronin - Don't really know enough
The German Empire - 5 Seems ok
The Corporation - 5 Seems ok
Seaworthy Liberian Cardboard Boxes - 2 See \m/
The Sweet Oblivion - 1
Grand Global Alliance - 6 Still love ya shane
Federation of Allied Republics - 4 meh
The Lost World - who?
=LOST= - 6 Seems ok
United Blue Directorate - 5 Meh
Zenith - 4 Meh

Global Order of Darkness - 9 - SF alliance, led by my hero and idol Xiphosis, Ph.D
We Are Perth Army - 7 - Good people
Global Democratic Alliance - 3 - Laughable at best.
Argent - 6 - Good people.
The Phoenix Federation - 4 - Laughable like GDA, but not militarily incompetent like GDA.
Regnum Invictorum(Invicta) - 3 - Oh, Haflinger. And get rid of your pretentious name, too.
Grand Global Alliance - 4 (+1 for dumping Brookbank)
TheNinjas - 10 (Ejay.)

Edited by Penkala