Elite Nations do exist!

[center]Forums: [url="http://cnen.freeforums.org"]http://cnen.freeforums.org[/url] | IRC: #EN on coldfront
[/center][b]Fellow Nations and Rulers;[/b]

It is with great pleasure that I unveil a great new alliance for the strong and quality nations of Cybernations!

Behold! Elite Nations (so subtle, heh)!

Coming soon, a Protectorate Treaty from courtesy United Purple Nations!

We welcome all diplomats and active members!

[b]And, now the charter:[/b]

[quote]

Preamble:
An alliance known as Elite Nations is formed to harbor an inclusive and active community for great nations. To that extent, this charter is set forth to provide a guiding form, law, and structure to all nations flying the alliance affiliation of Elite Nations.

Article 1: Membership:
A) Membership of the Elite Nations is not for everyone. Any nation may join the alliance, providing there are no wars listed on their War Screen, and they are not on any Zero-Infrastructure (ZI) list.
B) Nations who are accepted as members are required to make at least one post weekly. Also, they are required to be on IRC at least once weekly.

Article 2: Government:
A) The President is the Supreme power of the alliance. He is the Head of State and Commander-in-Chief of the Military. The President has the final decision on all matters, although may designate decision making power to Ministers and Ministerial staff.
B) The Elite Minister is the second in command, and primarily directs the Ministers and their Staff, advising them, and making recommendations to the President. When the President, the Elite Minister temporarily becomes the head of the alliance, although may not make any changes without the consent of all of the Ministers and 2/3 of the membership. Should the President fall inactive for a period of three or more weeks, the Elite Minister may take control of the alliance.
C) Ministers are appointed by the President and serve until they resign, or are replaced by the President.
D) Ministers appoint their staff, and Ministerial Staff serve until they resign, or are replaced by the Minister they serve under.

Article 3: War:
A) When our alliance goes to war, our Ministers, the Elite Minister, and the President go to peace. Our High Government are the key to leading our great members, and cannot be required to split their attention between war and leading. If a Minister chooses to remain in war mode, they may do so.
B) The Minister of Defense leads the war efforts, and is the third in command during war time.

Article 4: Peace:
A) During peace time, our alliance remains at a state of moderate alert.
B) The Minister of Public Relations is the third in command during peace time.

Article 5: Hierarchy:
A) First in Command: President
B) Second in Command: Elite Minister
C) Third in Command: Minister of Public Relations during peace time, Minister of Defense during war time.
D) Fourth in Command Minister of Public Relations during war time, Minister of Defense during peace time.
E) Fifth in Command: Minister of Internal Affairs
F) Sixth in Command: Minister of Foreign Affairs
G) Seventh in Command: Minister of Finance
H) Eighth in Command: Minister of Education

Article 6: Tech Raiding:
A) Tech Raiding is permitted against un-aligned nations.
B) Tech raiders assume all responsibility for their actions, and are not helped when tech raiding.
C) Tech raiding an alliance constitutes that the raider assumes all responsibility, including payment of reparations.

Article 7: Nuclear Weapons:
A) Nuclear Weaponry may only be used at the expressed approval of the President.

[/quote]

[quote]It is with great pleasure that I unveil a great new alliance for the [b]strong[/b] and quality nations of Cybernations![/quote]

[url=http://www.cybernations.net/allNations_display_alliances.asp?Alliance=Elite%20Nations]Alliance listing[/url]

:unsure:

Good luck with your alliance but I don't think its mission statement is quite accurate just now.

[quote name='Peggy_Sue' date='10 May 2010 - 09:30 PM' timestamp='1273541427' post='2294254']
An attack on Elite Nations is an attack on UPN.
[/quote]

It's hard to attack nations that are in peacemode! :P

But seriously, good luck!

[quote name='greene345' date='10 May 2010 - 09:24 PM' timestamp='1273541023' post='2294242']
Article 3: War:
A) When our alliance goes to war, our Ministers, the Elite Minister, and the President go to peace. Our High Government are the key to leading our great members, and cannot be required to split their attention between war and leading. If a Minister chooses to remain in war mode, they may do so.
[/quote]
This may be one of the worst articles in any charter I've read recently. If you grow past ten members I'd eat my hat, but if you do and you end up in war, how in the world can you expect your members to put their pixels on the line when the government refuses to do any such thing. Its not that hard to fight in this game as well as being in government. This shows an "I come first before the members" mentality. Also, why prevent your government from fighting? Its fun. I give it two thumbs up. If I had to pick a number on the fun scale from one to ten, I'd say that wars in this game are damn fun.

I don't see great things from this alliance, mainly because I don't know how you could have any kind of numbers in your alliance if you require members to post on the forums and check-in on IRC. And with fifty percent of the whole alliance hiding in peace mode, I don't know how you'll be taken seriously by anyone of great consequence. You got a lot of work to do, good luck with it.

Too long: Didn't read version - War is fun.

[quote name='Owned-You' date='10 May 2010 - 08:28 PM' timestamp='1273541288' post='2294250']
Wrong forum area, this should be in alliance announcements. Furthermore, you shouldn't DoE until a Protectorate is firmly established...if \m/ see's this, god help your nation(s).
[/quote]

Thank god I just saw this.

Now I have a job to do. :v:

[quote name='Peggy_Sue' date='10 May 2010 - 08:30 PM' timestamp='1273541427' post='2294254']
UPN is protecting Elite Nations ... Greene just works faster than I can write.

An attack on Elite Nations is an attack on UPN.
[/quote]

Then I saw this and was horribly let down. :(

Edited by QuotingTheCrow

[quote name='Bones Malone' date='12 May 2010 - 07:56 AM' timestamp='1273614943' post='2295218']
This may be one of the worst articles in any charter I've read recently. If you grow past ten members I'd eat my hat, but if you do and you end up in war, how in the world can you expect your members to put their pixels on the line when the government refuses to do any such thing. Its not that hard to fight in this game as well as being in government. This shows an "I come first before the members" mentality. Also, why prevent your government from fighting? Its fun. I give it two thumbs up. If I had to pick a number on the fun scale from one to ten, I'd say that wars in this game are damn fun.

I don't see great things from this alliance, mainly because I don't know how you could have any kind of numbers in your alliance if you require members to post on the forums and check-in on IRC. And with fifty percent of the whole alliance hiding in peace mode, I don't know how you'll be taken seriously by anyone of great consequence. You got a lot of work to do, good luck with it.

Too long: Didn't read version - War is fun.
[/quote]

Completely agreeing with this.

Best of luck. You'll need it.