ERA / TSP MDoAP , Leaving Ragnablok

[quote name='Randalla' date='10 May 2010 - 09:05 PM' timestamp='1273539891' post='2294214']
I believe it would have been acceptable to keep your treaty within the limits of what is allowed in the Ragnablok, then upgrade upon your legitimate graduation. There are ways to have your cake and eat it, too, as they say.

It's very possible to graduate from the Ragnablok without any drama, while still maintaining good relations with Rok. I promise.[/quote]

This says it all. Take it from Amazon Nation that was in Ragnablok, graduated, and now has good relations with their former protectors.

[quote name='Van Hoo III' date='10 May 2010 - 04:55 PM' timestamp='1273528482' post='2293943']
Essentially, ERA used RoK for protection because TSP was taking too long to sign off on a MDoAP. ERA were made aware [b]before[/b] signing with us that we don't allow protectorates to sign MDoAPs.

Best of luck to ERA and TSP. You'll both need it with a guy like Andover at the helm. :P
[/quote]

Holy crap, I laughed at some of the things in those logs.

So much drama from you Andover. Great way to use RoK. Good luck ERA, you need it....

Pretty gobsmacked right now but what can you expect from Andover?

- No protectorate while you're under 100K NS = raiders Galore
- Starting off an alliance by trying to use RoK = an awesome PR debut
- Calling [i]any[/i] ally a reformed ADI = throwing your 'friends' under the bus
- Treaty with a reformed ADI = congratz no one takes you seriously anymore
- The future of ERA = priceless

Edited by Keve69

[quote name='Keve69' date='11 May 2010 - 03:49 PM' timestamp='1273607372' post='2295017']
- Calling [i]any[/i] ally a reformed ADI = throwing your 'friends' under the bus
[/quote]

Not even half of the facepalmable stuff.

I'm going to wish yall well with this treaty nonetheless, let's hope that experience is the best teacher.

[quote name='Randalla' date='11 May 2010 - 03:05 AM' timestamp='1273539891' post='2294214']
I believe it would have been acceptable to keep your treaty within the limits of what is allowed in the Ragnablok, then upgrade upon your legitimate graduation. There are ways to have your cake and eat it, too, as they say.

It's very possible to graduate from the Ragnablok without any drama, while still maintaining good relations with Rok. I promise. ;)

:wub:

Good luck.
[/quote]

I think the same

[quote name='Auctor' date='11 May 2010 - 04:12 PM' timestamp='1273608740' post='2295050']
Not even half of the facepalmable stuff.

I'm going to wish yall well with this treaty nonetheless, let's hope that experience is the best teacher.
[/quote]

Auctor criticizing my work again, expected /10.

[quote name='Alfred von Tirpitz' date='13 May 2010 - 11:09 AM' timestamp='1273745322' post='2296881']
i dont know whether to laugh my head off or to feel bad for you guys or be pissed off.

I will just hope that you guys can think, before you commit stuff to others. FA is not like clutching at straws.
[/quote]
I feel the same but it is Andover we're talking about, the guy doesn't know his head from his toe.

Edited by Burnsey

[quote]I can't say I have anything bad to say about an alliance distancing itself from Ragnarok.

Good luck ERA. [/quote]

One of the things I don't get about politics these days is the practice of congratulating an obviously horrible, incompetent alliance (and thereby showing your approval of their actions) to spite an enemy. The only thing it REALLY accomplishes is making the average reader wonder just how sad YOUR alliance has to be.

[quote]The TOOL treaty thing is long past, and it should stay that way. Pretty much, I think both sides developed an enmity and grudge against each other after that. In the active body of the membership at any rate, but past is past. [/quote]

Throughout my time in Ragnarok, up to and including my stint as Lord of Internal Affairs, I can say with 100% certainty that TOOL was never a concern to the RoK and the RoKkers didn't harbor negative feelings towards TOOL. I think this one might be chalked up to miscommunication or something along those lines because I do recall having a very friendly conversation with graham after the cancellation.

[quote]Since when did the size of AA matter when it comes to competence?[/quote]

Holy nitpicking Batman! I'm going to go ahead and say that D34th's comments had more to do with the actions of the alliance specifically than their size.

ERA; You done messed up now.

[quote name='Keve69' date='13 May 2010 - 09:02 AM' timestamp='1273755755' post='2296920']
Auctor criticizing my work again, expected /10.
[/quote]
I wouldn't have to if you'd just be right all the time like me. :3

[quote name='Lusitan' date='10 May 2010 - 08:54 PM' timestamp='1273542852' post='2294289']
And Andover does not fail to deliver. Impressive, I can say I was seeing something like this coming, but not to this extent since I had no idea you were a RoK protectorate. First was the WAPA desertion in the middle of the war. Then trying to get in as mediator for the conflict you had deserted from while acting as you were the wronged party. And now this. Fantastic.
[/quote]
yes yes he did :P Then he got all snippy and tried to conduct peace talks that werent even his to mediate

[quote name='Keve69' date='11 May 2010 - 02:49 PM' timestamp='1273607372' post='2295017']
[/quote]
Love it don't worry bout auctor. He is just mad i ran him out of the Application Denier job at RoA

[quote name='R3nowned' date='10 May 2010 - 06:56 PM' timestamp='1273532201' post='2294045']
Tends to happen with alliances that part from RoK. Drama starts to happen. Happened with TOOL last year this time, then ADI, now happening with ERA - to a much lesser extent, lol.

Can't say I support this either way, even if I do disagree with RoK. Your alliance is so tiny, you should probably have signed a protectorate with an alliance that's willing to let you sign the MDoAP with TSP, or just get a protectorate with TSP.
[/quote]

TOOL and RoK had no drama other than ending up on opposite sides. It was clear TOOL and RoK were headed on different paths, that is not really "drama" as you so make it out to be. ERA's situation is different from the ones you reference.

[quote name='D34th' date='10 May 2010 - 06:36 PM' timestamp='1273530973' post='2294013']
It's amazing how some micro alliance leaders are competent.
[/quote]
Cause the leaders of the big boys are any better. :smug:

I think there was a huge miscommunication error. Either way, good luck to all involved.

Edited by Ejayrazz

I don't get it ERA. Ragnablok is a great protectorate bloc and all you've done by leaving it is open yourselves up to raiders. Why not just downgrade it to and ODP and sign the MDoAP when you were large enough to graduate from Ragnablok? Sometimes I wonder how people end up in charge of alliances.

[quote name='Salmia' date='15 May 2010 - 12:30 AM' timestamp='1273863589' post='2297909']
TOOL and RoK had no drama other than ending up on opposite sides. It was clear TOOL and RoK were headed on different paths, that is not really "drama" as you so make it out to be. ERA's situation is different from the ones you reference.
[/quote]

Thanks for clearing that up, Mia :wub:

PS: sign into, or get someone to sign into your embassy. Maybe Jarkko.

Edited by Alfred von Tirpitz

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' date='15 May 2010 - 11:36 PM' timestamp='1273966562' post='2299162']
So how is this working out for everyone?
[/quote]

Well ... if you haven't seen ... [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=85897]Click here[/url]

Edited by JDorian

I think this incident shows that those that do not learn from their mistakes are doomed to repeat them... I'm talking to those of you who cannot seem to sign a treaty and stand by it.

And how exactly does a protected alliance sign a MDoAP with another alliance. By default, TOOL is now bound to protecting ERA as well as [color="#FF0000"][s][color="#000000"]ADI[/color][/s][/color]... TSP.

In the words of Shakespeare, [i]"By any other name, does a rose not smell as sweet?"[/i] Still true.