Reformation of TBBAF and DoW

[quote name='The AUT' date='10 May 2010 - 04:45 AM' timestamp='1273463091' post='2293166']
I didn't see Emperor Marx stating otherwise therefore I took it as some sort of list you guys keep. Though I wouldn't be surprised if you did actually keep one, can I be on it? Pretty please? I just want the attention!
[/quote]

I'm sure other people have !@#$lists in terms of those they wouldn't mind hitting. As for you I don't think you're !@#$%* enough to be on our !@#$list. You can be on our clean list until such time as you become !@#$%* enough okay?

[quote name='ChairmanHal' date='10 May 2010 - 04:42 AM' timestamp='1273462934' post='2293161']
A raid implies if he PMs for peace he will automatically receive it. Telling someone you are going to destroy them eliminates the possibility that they will receive any peace.
[/quote]

Yea sorry, but I don't ever remember that little nugget. I'm assuming this will be over for tbb when he gets out of range of people who want to hit him. Not sure when that will be though.

Edited by Gerald Meane

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Caliph' date='09 May 2010 - 06:47 PM' timestamp='1273448802' post='2292921']
The Big Bad is not a rogue against \m/, he is a rogue against Grämlins. As a rogue, he has no rights. \m/ is not an ally of Grämlins, however we did make sure it was ok with them if we attacked The Big Bad, seeing as he did go rogue on Grämlins.[/quote]

so again, why would it matter that much to \m/? if Gremlins is not your ally, then the rogue is not your problem. the fact that you went out of your way to involve yourself shows that you seem to think that what Gre is doing is okay. since the fact that you are trying to label TBB as a rogue that needs to be dealt with by \m/ instead of Gremlins or any of Gremlins actual allies (i.e. MHA) or friends.

[quote]As for an \m/ attempted smear campaign against The Big Bad, we have better things to do with our time. We call it like we see it, and according to the precidents of the past 3 years and more, The Big Bad is an unaligned nation attacking an alliance, which is the very definition of a rogue.[/quote]

i agree that by definition he is a rogue. but this is the first i have ever seen of a completely uninvolved party getting involved to deal with a rogue, so it is obvious you actually don't have better things to do with your time.

[quote]Since when did going rogue on alliances become the "in" thing to do?
[/quote]

many who quite CN go rogue on alliances. this is something that has been consistent throughout CN. i would stipulate that doing it prior to quitting came about due to Vox.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' date='09 May 2010 - 11:49 PM' timestamp='1273463363' post='2293178']
i agree that by definition he is a rogue. but this is the first i have ever seen of a completely uninvolved party getting involved to deal with a rogue, so it is obvious you actually don't have better things to do with your time.
[/quote]

What kind of better things would we do with our time?

[quote name='Jonathan Brookbank' date='08 May 2010 - 10:41 PM' timestamp='1273372895' post='2291994']
Do you think you could maybe get a little bigger?
[/quote]
Repeating what women say to you MAY be a sign of a severe mental disorder. You should contact your doctor immediately.

:psyduck:

Edited by James Saams

[quote name='Emperor Marx' date='09 May 2010 - 07:58 PM' timestamp='1273453117' post='2292982']
His actions are the actions of a rogue. And since he has decided to go down that path, we decided we were going to have fun with it.

Is it okay for people to go Rogue these days? That's what I'm getting with the tone of the statements from people like you in this thread.
[/quote]

actually if you read my first post, i stated that TBB was quite stupid to do this. He should have joined IRON or DAWN instead of creating a one man alliance.

so you can attempt to put words in my mouth all you want or attempt to misread my tone or whatever but it would be wrong.

i never once stated is okay to go rogue and in fact again, stated TBB was stupid for doing this in the manner he did.

i did state that \m/ is an uninvolved third party that had absolutely no need whatsoever to involve themselves since Gremlins can either take care of TBB themselves or get one of their allies or friends to do it. since Caliph has already stated that \m/ does not fall into those categories (well ally but i highly doubt Gremlins would consider \m/ their friends and vice versa), then there is no reason whatsoever for \m/ to involve themselves in this matter.

since Caliph pointed out that what TBB is doing is CN textbook definition of rogue, i decided to point out the CN textbook strategy and precedent of dealing with rogues. neither one involves a third uninvolved party hitting the rogue which is what \m/ is doing. thus, it can be deduced that \m/ likes what Gremlins is doing.

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' date='09 May 2010 - 10:53 PM' timestamp='1273463611' post='2293188']
What kind of better things would we do with our time?
[/quote]

ask Caliph since he is the one who said ya'll had better things to do.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' date='10 May 2010 - 05:03 AM' timestamp='1273464207' post='2293201']
since Caliph pointed out that what TBB is doing is CN textbook definition of rogue, i decided to point out the CN textbook strategy and precedent of dealing with rogues. neither one involves a third uninvolved party hitting the rogue which is what \m/ is doing. thus, it can be deduced that \m/ likes what Gremlins is doing.
[/quote]

Except that we aren't dealing with him in so far as he's a rogue, instead as an unaligned nation which happens to fit into our raiding policy.

Really what it boils down to is this, tbb took an action that made him unaligned, and that let people who didn't like him raid him. It sucks for him, but why he decided to go it alone instead of working within his alliance, or with other alliances to reach his goal is beyond me considering how well one man stands tend to work out.

[quote name='The AUT' date='10 May 2010 - 04:45 AM' timestamp='1273463091' post='2293166']
I didn't see Emperor Marx stating otherwise therefore I took it as some sort of list you guys keep. Though I wouldn't be surprised if you did actually keep one, can I be on it? Pretty please? I just want the attention!
[/quote]
Marx's comment appears to be completely in a joking manner. The fact that you took it so serious shows you're fishing for comments to use against us. Pretty funny.

Also, we have one, with 0 people on it. If you want on it, attack us. You're acting like one of those guys who talks crap and acts tough then yells "hit me!"

What comes next in that situation would be you getting hit, then crying about it. You want a war? I can arrange one for you.

[quote name='Razgriz90' date='10 May 2010 - 04:48 AM' timestamp='1273463276' post='2293174']
I think we have already established this is not a raid.
[/quote]
Thanks for telling me what I'm doing. I'm raiding someone I dislike.

Ram himself knows I care not about Gramlins, and that I am not jumping to support them. You guys are overblowing the incident regardless. We at \m/ don't care, and looking at our boards, it's never even been discussed once.

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' date='10 May 2010 - 04:57 AM' timestamp='1273463851' post='2293192']
Ooh, I know. Let's do nothing to avoid upsetting the OWF and instead sit around on IRC and watch join and quit messages for weeks on end. Fun!
[/quote]
\m/: Enjoying the world.

[quote name='James Saams' date='10 May 2010 - 04:57 AM' timestamp='1273463853' post='2293193']
Repeating what women say to you MAY be a sign of a severe mental disorder. You should contact your doctor immediately.

:psyduck:
[/quote]
Wow. A "that's what she said" joke. Amazing. What made it worse was was what followed.

Cue Flavor Flav.

"Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww."

[quote name='Starfox101' date='09 May 2010 - 11:39 PM' timestamp='1273462759' post='2293155']
Also, RV, no, he will not be PZI'd.[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Thank you. The one thing I have always appreciated the most about you is the fact you're direct. I suggest you teach the rest of your members about that. Had they not spewed excuses about Big Bad being a "rogue" most of this could have been avoided. You'd simply have your typical anti-raid crowd instead of people assuming it was something more in this case. Nevertheless, thank you for correcting this misunderstanding. I would wish you luck if this were someone else, so I will simply say carry on with your business.[/color]

[quote]What comes next in that situation would be you getting hit, then crying about it. You want a war? I can arrange one for you.[/quote]

Next time I hit 'None' I'll be sure to beware of you and your buddies. I know you're too afraid to do it alone.

Good luck TheBigBad, use the money to good use. ;)

Edited by The AUT

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='10 May 2010 - 05:18 AM' timestamp='1273465066' post='2293231']
[color="#0000FF"]Thank you. The one thing I have always appreciated the most about you is the fact you're direct. I suggest you teach the rest of your members about that. Had they not spewed excuses about Big Bad being a "rogue" most of this could have been avoided. You'd simply have your typical anti-raid crowd instead of people assuming it was something more in this case. Nevertheless, thank you for correcting this misunderstanding. I would wish you luck if this were someone else, so I will simply say carry on with your business.[/color]
[/quote]
No problem, RV.

Also, AUT. Thank you. You just did it.

You came in spouting for us to attack you, trying to provoke us and now you're calling us scared. You really fit the bill of what I just stated.

If we were to hit you you'd be crying within minutes. You're a terrible tough guy.

[quote name='Gerald Meane' date='09 May 2010 - 11:09 PM' timestamp='1273464543' post='2293212']
Except that we aren't dealing with him in so far as he's a rogue, instead as an unaligned nation which happens to fit into our raiding policy.

Really what it boils down to is this, tbb took an action that made him unaligned, and that let people who didn't like him raid him. It sucks for him, but why he decided to go it alone instead of working within his alliance, or with other alliances to reach his goal is beyond me considering how well one man stands tend to work out.
[/quote]

then why all the commotion and hustle to bring up how TBB is a rogue instead of simply stating you are tech-raiding him? that is my issue? if it is simply a tech raid, state it as such. no need to state he is a rogue at all.

I was begging you to attack me? Me aiding TBB seemed to get you all riled up. I know you wouldn't want to attack alone, you need at least two others to carry out a war/grudge it seems.

Edited by The AUT

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' date='10 May 2010 - 05:32 AM' timestamp='1273465921' post='2293259']
I don't particularly care that you aided TBB since I attacked him. But Gramlins might consider it an act of war. Just saying.
[/quote]

I understand. However there have been many tech transactions to both Gremlins and IRON throughout the course of the war even if TBB is a rogue.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' date='10 May 2010 - 05:26 AM' timestamp='1273465574' post='2293245']
then why all the commotion and hustle to bring up how TBB is a rogue instead of simply stating you are tech-raiding him? that is my issue? if it is simply a tech raid, state it as such. no need to state he is a rogue at all.
[/quote]

To be honest I don't really know. I haven't been involved in the issue with tbb aside from seeing these threads.

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' date='10 May 2010 - 12:32 AM' timestamp='1273465921' post='2293259']
I don't particularly care that you aided TBB since I attacked him. But Gramlins might consider it an act of war. Just saying.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I can appreciate this. No nation that is raided should ever be forbidden foreign aid. That would imply that the nation is an enemy of the alliance and that is more than just a raid. But yes, you're right, Gremlins may take issue. However, if they don't hit aiders other than TFD then they are applying rules inconsistently. The AUT is not the only one who has aided those involved in the war lately.[/color]

[quote name='Gerald Meane' date='09 May 2010 - 11:40 PM' timestamp='1273466436' post='2293273']
To be honest I don't really know. I haven't been involved in the issue with tbb aside from seeing these threads.
[/quote]

fair enough.

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' date='09 May 2010 - 11:49 PM' timestamp='1273466954' post='2293283']
If we label it a tech raid, then its suddenly subject to some imaginary code of raiding and now I'm a villain for not doing 2 GAs and peace. I am launching attacks with the dual intent of stealing tech and blowing his stuff up. Give that whatever label you want.
[/quote]

not sure if this is directed at me, but my personal tech raiding code is just 2 GAs and while i dislike anything else, i have basically given up on that fight since it is something that won't change without force of arms, and it has been shown that that will not be allowed to occur.

[quote name='The AUT' date='10 May 2010 - 05:28 AM' timestamp='1273465718' post='2293250']
I was begging you to attack me? Me aiding TBB seemed to get you all riled up. I know you wouldn't want to attack alone, you need at least two others to carry out a war/grudge it seems.
[/quote]
You came in here posturing and acting all big and bad. Now when I call you on it you're gonna downplay it and ask me a question? Why did I ever bother, I saw that coming. That's what people like you do. If you really backed TBB you'd hit us. There. Two can play at that game.

Also, are you really using that against me of all people? I tend to resolve things myself as a principle. However, in TBB's case, he had an entire alliance wanting him.

Why should I be so selfish. We love tech.

[quote name='The AUT' date='10 May 2010 - 05:36 AM' timestamp='1273466149' post='2293265']
I understand. However there have been many tech transactions to both Gremlins and IRON throughout the course of the war even if TBB is a rogue.
[/quote]
You may not be aware but Gramlins has made alliances who aided their enemy aid them.

Enjoy aiding Gramlins.

[quote]You came in here posturing and acting all big and bad. Now when I call you on it you're gonna downplay it and ask me a question? Why did I ever bother, I saw that coming. That's what people like you do. If you really backed TBB you'd hit us. There. Two can play at that game.

Also, are you really using that against me of all people? I tend to resolve things myself as a principle. However, in TBB's case, he had an entire alliance wanting him.

Why should I be so selfish. We love tech.[/quote]

Alright let me simplify things. I aided TBB, no I don't feel bad about it and no I don't care what \m/ thinks. Now if you still do, well I really don't care. What are going to do about it anyways? :smug:

[quote]You may not be aware but Gramlins has made alliances who aided their enemy aid them.

Enjoy aiding Gramlins. [/quote]

Gramlins are still in the mode of making demands? That's funny. I don't aid extortionists, I'm sure they won't come to expect anything. Besides this aid is not to help TBB fight Gremlins, it's to help TBB fight \m/ I don't care if Gremlins finds it as an act of war. Question is, do you still find it to be so?

Edited by The AUT

[quote name='The AUT' date='10 May 2010 - 01:14 AM' timestamp='1273468446' post='2293319']
Alright let me simplify things. I aided TBB, no I don't feel bad about it and no I don't care what \m/ thinks. Now if you still do, well I really don't care. What are going to do about it anyways? :smug:
[/quote]

Steal the money you gave TBB and use it to buy more arms to inflict more damage on him.

Also, do you really believe the crap you spew? Just because Gramlins is unpopular doesn't mean the unwritten rules of CN don't apply. You're flying a bit too close to the sun, my friend.

Edited by Chief Savage Man

[color="#0000FF"]Also, I am not sure he is considering how Karma operates. They are a protection racket. Just as MK protected Athens when it declared war on Ni for no reason it is backing Gremlins unjust continuation of the war. They may not like it, but neither they nor anyone else has the spine to stand up and say no. They will back Gremlins. So yes, \m/ does have a point about that.[/color]