If Planet Bob Had a Draft like the NFL

PrinceArutha

[quote name='Branimir' date='30 April 2010 - 07:29 PM' timestamp='1272655770' post='2281500']

[b]IO of FA:[/b] Cortath (you would be surprised how well Dilber/Cortath would work. They would be too. Trust me.)

[/quote]

They did work together. On another time and another game. They were very successful.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Mussolandia' date='30 April 2010 - 10:52 PM' timestamp='1272660728' post='2281600']They did work together. On another time and another game. They were very successful.[/quote]
Seemed so to me, that they would work quite fine. :D

See people, I told you to trust me.

Edited by Branimir

[quote name='Branimir' date='30 April 2010 - 03:29 PM' timestamp='1272655770' post='2281500']
[b]IO of War:[/b] Zha'dum (I have no idea who to put here,...such tedious work)
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Oh, that is bound to end well. Quite honestly I'd have gone with Anthony, myself, Seerow, or SirWilliam. Quite frankly it was duing that period that the military was at top performance.[/color]

I'm assuming rounds so I'm picking multiple people for each job in case I didn't get my first pick [otherwise this is just another 'line-up' thread]. Also, much as it makes this kind of annoying, not going to pick any GOD.

For the sake of sanity I'm presuming everyone will have time to do their jobs to their fullest etc.

[b]Leader[/b]
Kev_McDonald (Hands on, active, and relatively chill which are pretty much the qualities I'd want)
Cornelius

[b]War[/b]
Hekal Tiamut (Would need to be brought up to speed on newfangled gadgetry but has the mind for it)
Bob Janova

[b]Security[/b]
Dark Minion (him or no one)

[b]Internal[/b]
Janquel (this was a no-brainer)
James_I

[b]Foreign Affairs[/b]
Tums (not even gonna try and spell your full nick but yeah, you're pretty good at this)
Bud
Dilber (Stigma aside)

[b]Media[/b] (Announcements/spin/etc)
Delta1212 (obvious choice is obvious)
Impero

Wayyy harder than I thought.

Edited by Xiphosis

[quote name='Branimir' date='30 April 2010 - 03:29 PM' timestamp='1272655770' post='2281500']
Bored. This is a result.

[b]Emperor:[/b] Dilber (needs no 'xplaining)
[b]IO of FA:[/b] Cortath (you would be surprised how well Dilber/Cortath would work. They would be too. Trust me.)
[b]IO of IA:[/b] Mussolandia (needs no 'xplaining)
[b]IO of PR:[/b] Sir Paul (needs no 'xplaining)

That was the easy part,...

[b]IO of Econ:[/b] Bakunin's Dream (math guy. I hate math)

[b]Advisor, FA:[/b] Philosopher (you know it)
[b]Advisor, IA:[/b] Sei (seemed as a great guy)
[b]Advisor, PR:[/b] Archon (his duty would be to help write great propaganda speeches,..."No draconian terms", etc.)
[b]Advisor, Econ[/b] Tryan (I know most of you do not know him, some should,...I wonder if they still do)
[b]Advisor, War:[/b] ...dunno,...such tedious work,...Dopp Ginger?

[b]Shadow Overlord:[/b] Ivan Moldavi (needs no 'xplaining)
[/quote]

Cool, the only non Pacifican on that list.

[quote name='TheNeverender' date='01 May 2010 - 02:37 AM' timestamp='1272674224' post='2281932']
Cool, the only non Pacifican on that list.
[/quote]
Actually, Tryan is not a Pacifican, though you both deserve to be there.

[quote name='Branimir' date='30 April 2010 - 08:41 PM' timestamp='1272674449' post='2281936']
Actually, Tryan is not a Pacifican, though you both deserve to be there.
[/quote]

Oh god, I misread that as Triyun. My bad.

[quote name='Ejayrazz' date='22 April 2010 - 08:28 PM' timestamp='1271993314' post='2271566']
I am cheating.

Syz/Steelrat/LM/Bob Janova/Hellangel/Necant/Omas/Blackdigital/Egwaterboy/Inferno (All come together in my book)
The Ninjas (I cheated)
April
[/quote]
Yessss!! I am third, kind of... This is so much better than middle school gym. :P

I would pick Archon, bigwoody, mhawk as my triumvirate... Archon can be the general manager, mhawk can be the coach, and bigwoody can be the quarterback. And then my alliance would implode due to so many big personalities being in the same place. :P

I didn't see anyone pick jerge, so I get to claim him as the like 500th draft pick or whatever this forum is at.

Bored. This is a result.

[b]Emperor:[/b] Dilber (needs no 'xplaining)
[b]IO of IA:[/b] Mussolandia (needs no 'xplaining)
[b]IO of PR:[/b] Sir Paul (needs no 'xplaining)

That was the easy part,...

[b]IO of Econ:[/b] Bakunin's Dream (math guy. I hate math)

[b]Advisor, FA:[/b] Philosopher (you know it)
[b]Advisor, IA:[/b] Sei (seemed as a great guy)
[b]Advisor, PR:[/b] Archon (his duty would be to help write great propaganda speeches,..."No draconian terms", etc.)
[b]Advisor, Econ[/b] Tryan (I know most of you do not know him, some should,...I wonder if they still do)
[b]Advisor, War:[/b] ...dunno,...such tedious work,...Dopp Ginger?

[b]Shadow Overlord:[/b] Ivan Moldavi (needs no 'xplaining)
[/quote]

[quote name='Mussolandia' date='30 April 2010 - 04:52 PM' timestamp='1272660728' post='2281600']
They did work together. On another time and another game. They were very successful.
[/quote]

It was a long time ago on that other world.

And yeah, I guess we did work pretty well. Y'all did too, Musso.

[b]Emperor:[/b] Roquentin. If people wonder why Umbrella keeps their aid slots full so much, it's because of this guy.
[b]Regent:[/b] Impero. Active and experienced.

[b]Foreign Affairs:[/b] SirWilliam and Dilber.
[b]Military[/b]: Inst and banned member "your tears are my motivation." Natan as a backup in the case that one of these players leaves :P
[b]Internal / Economics[/b]: Bob Janova and James I. James will do well in the case that my alliance is forced to pay reps :wub:
[b]Forum Admin:[/b] domisi. He runs Umbrella's and does a great job. If only dreamhost wasn't terrible...
[b]Propaganda:[/b] Ejayrazz. I want my DoWs to be raps.

Edited by AAAAAAAAAAGGGG

Picking people from their peak:

Un-drafted Benevolent Overlord (Zero workload, maximum theoretical constitutional power, occasional glorious speech): SomeGuy.

Most trusted and beloved Regent of day to day running of stuff, banned from FA: Moo-Cows.
Minister of Internal Affairs but banned from war related decisions and most FA stuff: Crymson, I really don't give a damn what you think about the fellow. /end of sentence.

Minister of Foreign Affairs of the people the Alliance likes: Dilber
Minister of Foreign Affairs of the people the Alliance dislikes: Electron Sponge.
Ministry Deputy and person in charge of keeping non Paradoxian leadership in line: Feanor.

Minister of War who is banned from suggesting pre-emptive strikes: Liquid Mercury.
Minister of Lesser Speeches: Archon.
Minister of Rebuttal: Revanche.

Councillor-At-Large: (DAC)Syzygy.

Senate and Overlord entertainment:
An amalgamation of the spirit of Paradoxia and MK.
Opethian
Corath

Thanks, Xi, I'm flattered that you picked me, and not even for FA, but for leader. Considering how the rest of the thread's gone, you can probably wait until the late rounds to pick me up. ;) I do think you should switch Impero to defense though. He has a way with words, but his true calling will always be strategy. And who knows, he may prove to be a great Lord too now.

Internal Affairs: GPA's Gamer and Thomas and and Ronin's Helga
Foreign Affairs: VE's Cornelius and Bill Wallace and GPA's Patjenn
Military Affairs: GPA's Abandon, Symphony's Astarle and the GOP's Rooman33 (naturally ;) )

[b]Triumvirate:[/b] Archon, Penguin, Kurushio
[b]Minister of Foreign Affairs:[/b] Hoo
[b]Deputy of Foreign Affairs:[/b] Anu Drake
[b]Minister of Internal Affairs:[/b] Mary
[b]Deputy of Internal Affairs:[/b] Mykep
[b]Minister of War:[/b] Babyjesus
[b]Deputy of War:[/b] Cataduanes
[b]Minister of Economics:[/b] Azaghul
[b]Deputy of Economics:[/b] Gamer42_au
[b]Minister of Trade:[/b] Queenhailee
[b]Minister of Recruiting:[/b] New Reverie
[b]Minister of Tech:[/b] Seerow
[b]Minister of Writing Stuff:[/b] Mpol
[b]Minister of Sympathy:[/b] Hymenbreach :wub:

Yeah, I picked my former self. My former self did good

:smug:

I'll play along (and I'll leave myself out :D )

Co-Leader: [b]Van Hoo III[/b]
Co-Leader: [b]mpol[/b]
MoW: [b]Bill n Ted[/b]
MoIA: [b]Bilrow[/b]
MoCommunications: [b]Schattenman[/b]
MoRecruiting: [b]wanderofys[/b]
MoEconomics: [b]Matt Miller[/b]
MoFA: [b]Voodoo Nova[/b]
Other Gov (in no particular order):
[b]Archon
Ivan Moldavi
KaitlinK
Timeline
TheBigBad
Mrott
mhawk[/b]

Edited by JWConner

[quote name='Rooman33' date='04 May 2010 - 12:03 PM' timestamp='1272988993' post='2286439']
Internal Affairs: GPA's Gamer and Thomas and and Ronin's Helga
Foreign Affairs: VE's Cornelius and Bill Wallace and GPA's Patjenn
Military Affairs: GPA's Abandon, Symphony's Astarle and the GOP's Rooman33 (naturally ;) )
[/quote]
Thanks, but I don't know how the neutrals and not-so-neutrals (*cough*) would coexist. GPA's been notoriously resistant to change in that regard. ;)

[quote name='Cornelius' date='04 May 2010 - 05:47 PM' timestamp='1273009616' post='2286796']
Thanks, but I don't know how the neutrals and not-so-neutrals (*cough*) would coexist. GPA's been notoriously resistant to change in that regard. ;)
[/quote]

The GOP exists in that very balance. We're literally what happens when warmongers decide to be neutral. And I only picked one GPAer on the FA side, and that's because he's mad excellent in back-channel conflict. ;) Besides, I do believe the GPA has produced some of Bob's finest warmongers. Take a look around at a lot of the major alliance leadership... it's hard to find many alliances where an ex-GPAer isn't present.

12, eh...

Hmmmm...

Alright...

Prodigal Chieftain, for being Our Lord and Saviour
Electron Sponge, for diplomacy. He seems like the cool-headed type who always respects his allies.
Kang Seung Jae, for recruitment. Yeah, there's nothing funny about all these similar nations created on the same day.
Count da Silva, for propaganda.
The AUT for that, too.
Cager, because every alliance needs someone like that
Rozalia, for the pink team
mpol, for gun pr0n
The Pansy, because what will we do with all these sheep otherwise?
Rebel Virginia, because he's pretty much the Chuck Norris of CN
Doitzel, for Military command. He destroyed 2 MCXA nations with his bear hands and doesn't afraid of anything, including fighting from DEFCON 4.
Bob Sanders for Minister of English

Yeah. That would be pretty sweet.

Edited by Katsumi

[quote name='Katsumi' date='05 May 2010 - 02:33 AM' timestamp='1273023208' post='2287088']
12, eh...

Hmmmm...

Alright...

Prodigal Chieftain, for being Our Lord and Saviour
Electron Sponge, for diplomacy. He seems like the cool-headed type who always respects his allies.
Kang Seung Jae, for recruitment. Yeah, there's nothing funny about all these similar nations created on the same day.
Count da Silva, for propaganda.
The AUT for that, too.
Cager, because every alliance needs someone like that
Rozalia, for the pink team
mpol, for gun pr0n
The Pansy, because what will we do with all these sheep otherwise?
Rebel Virginia, because he's pretty much the Chuck Norris of CN
Doitzel, for Military command. He destroyed 2 MCXA nations with his bear hands and doesn't afraid of anything, including fighting from DEFCON 4.
Bob Sanders for Minister of English

Yeah. That would be pretty sweet.
[/quote]

I do miss Junka. :(

Also if I can be with mpol and Pansy I'd be happy.

Edited by The AUT

[quote]Thanks, Xi, I'm flattered that you picked me, and not even for FA, but for leader.[/quote]

Was trying to think of people who I could see doing it pretty long-term and not losing their minds :P