From Sparta - A Farewell

[center][img]http://www.cnsparta.com/forums/seals/flag.png[/img][/center]

My Fellow Citizens,

Today is a sad day for Sparta. Shortly after update this morning, Tulak Hord, the greatest and longest reigning King Sparta has ever known, officially retired and left Sparta for good. Words cannot express the scope of influence Tulak has had on Sparta, after two and a half years in government it is hard to distinguish one from the other. It may be said, by no stretch of the imagination, that Tulak WAS Sparta. The last few months have cost Sparta hundreds of thousands of tech and infrastructure, millions of nation strength, and countless soldiers and military craft... but I daresay that even the devastation of this long war is dwarfed by Sparta's devastation at the loss of her longest reigning King and dearest friend.

Before the inevitable questions start popping up, I should explain that Tulak has no quarrel with Sparta. Tulak's reasons for leaving are a matter of necessity, many things [ooc: Real Life] have taken priority, and he simply doesn't have the time to give 100% to Sparta, and if Tulak can't give 100%, he doesn't feel fit to lead. One cannot help but admire that. Though we have implored our dear friend to stay with us, Tulak has insisted he must retire elsewhere to avoid being tempted back in to government, and we must respect his wishes.

Whether he was your friend or your enemy, I know you've all been effected by Tulak in one way or another, and that this separation of Tulak and Sparta will take some getting used to for all of us. It's hard to imagine Sparta without it's fun-loving kiwi drunkard at the helm, but then again change is never overly easy. Tulak has left us quite a legacy in Sparta, and as his friends and successors, as Spartans, Olaf and I feel a personal duty to reward his dedication and loyalty by upholding the principles he stood for, and by giving our all to make the alliance he dedicated so many years of his life to a better place to be.

So with that in mind, I hope you'll all join me in wishing Tulak the very best in his ventures, and wherever he happens to call home on Planet Bob from now on.

Good Luck, Tulak, Spartay Hard!

o/ Tulak, Imperator Hord
o/ Doxa Sparta!

[center][img]http://www.cnsparta.com/forums/seals/king.png[/img][/center]

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we love you tulak <3

Never before has there been a ruler so synonymous with Sparta, and never will there be after. We know that your path will one day lead back here, so instead of farewell, we wish you safe travels back to the Alliance.

o/ The Hord
o/ Doxa Sparta \o

Edited by Seth Muscarella

Good bye Tulak, I've known you since the beginning of my career, and you're one of the best leader that I've known. We'll miss you.

o/ Tulak.

Edit: Congrats Olaf and good luck.

Edited by Medix

[quote name='commander thrawn' date='15 April 2010 - 12:53 AM' timestamp='1271317966' post='2261116']
You dun good Tulak hope your retirement is enjoyable but you better come get drunk with us once in a while or I will nail you to a wall and make you watch Sethly strip-tease again.
[/quote]
nobody said that was an unpleasant sight...

:smug:

There isn't much to say that hasn't already been said in private other than thank you to everyone I've worked with over the years for the great experiences and fun times. It's been nothing short of an honour and I'm confident everything will thrive long after I'm gone, especially with Olaf Styke at the helm. I know great things will happen under your reign you god damn drunkard.

Αντίο φίλοι μου, Doxa Sparte Edited by Tulak Hord

[quote name='Tulak Hord' date='15 April 2010 - 04:58 AM' timestamp='1271325463' post='2261179']
:smug:

There isn't much to say that hasn't already been said in private other than thank you to everyone I've worked with over the years for the great experiences and fun times. It's been nothing short of an honour and I'm confident everything will thrive long after I'm gone, especially with Olaf Styke at the helm. I know great things will happen under your reign you god damn drunkard.

Αντίο φίλοι μου, Doxa Sparte
[/quote]

Pfff, I'm less of a drunkard than you mang. Don't even start. <_<

Edited by Olaf Styke