A plea from The Brain

Hello again friends! Aloha, guten tag, Buenos tardes, こんばんは.

I know you have missed us. It’s been a while since we’ve stirred the pot, and frankly we have found that the bottom has gotten rather…ah…sticky. You know how it is, little bits of carrots and onions get mashed on the bottom of the stew, and then you can’t get them off even when you scrape really hard. It’s the pits.

[QUOTE][Freelancer,Oct 27 2008, 04:56 PM]Na, I'm done...[/QUOTE]

So here we are. Hopefully you haven’t been too terribly over-sauteed. Of course at this point you’re wondering why we’re posting, because though The Brain is endlessly humble, peerlessly self-deprecating, and supremely modest, you have by now become accustomed to nothing but earth shatteringly hilarious, clever, and momentous missives flowing forth from our lowly corner of this fine world.

[QUOTE][Freelancer,Nov 3 2008, 01:08 PM]Dude I can't do this anymore, I mean play !! I'm out no !@#$, I'll swing bye from time to time, howewver once Free is gone in 18 he will be gone along with any reminents[/QUOTE]

It is in that light that I bring a bit of sad news. Many of you know that The Brain has played home to the gallant Freelancer of the nation Sepritists. He has tickled many pickles, and may or may not take responsibility for any amount of shenanigans visited upon the world of BOB in his time. But those times have come to an end, as the chivalrous Freelancer has alerted The Brain of his imminent departure from the world of Cybernations.

[QUOTE] [Freelancer,Nov 3 2008, 01:27 PM]I just can't do it anymore, this game takes alot out of you, especially when you need to have your attention in the RW.. [/QUOTE]

Of course you all know that the mighty Freelancer has never held any official position in The Brain’s hallowed (if somewhat dingy) synapses. Yet he has always acted as our most trusted ADVISER in all matters Cybernations and otherwise, and has bought us all BEERs of exceptional quality upon request. Freelancer is an excellent chap and we have wept the bitter tears of unfathomable sadness knowing he is going to be lost forever.

[QUOTE][12:20] <Freelancer> Well that will be it for me then, 18 days of inactivity and you'll see me vanish into the sunset, no long goodbyes and anything of that nature.[/QUOTE]

BUT. In every loss is hidden an opportunity, and this loss – though exceptional in other ways – is surprisingly not an exception. Therefore at this point The (illustrious) Brain would like to extend a special invitation to a special member of the community. This is not an all-expenses-paid trip to the Bahamas, but we think it is even better. It is in this spirit that The Brain invites one CORA MCSTRAP to join us and become our new, beloved ADVISER extraordinaire.

[QUOTE][Freelancer,May 4 2009, 09:55 AM]I will becoming very inactive here shortly...[/QUOTE]

Oh CORA MCSTRAP, would that you should find it in your heart to oblige our humble request. Of all, you alone are qualified to offer us guidance in all matter Cybernations and otherwise, and to purchase us BEERs of exceptional quality upon request. Of all, you alone are most well equipped to understand the feebleness of our collective intellects, and to understand how we need an ADVISER of your caliber.

[QUOTE][Freelancer,Jan 15 2010, 07:28 AM]I'm glad I deleted...[/QUOTE]

Please circle yes or no, and send the note back after class.

Heart,
The Brain.

[quote name='wickedj' date='18 March 2010 - 04:49 AM' timestamp='1268884460' post='2228941']
...Wait, what?

I read this TWICE and still dont get it :(
[/quote]

What I got was one of their members left CN and they want someone else to come and take his place, but with this being the same alliance that told peple to suck it by inviting them to a hot dog eating contest; I am still looking for the hidden meaning

Edited by Omniscient1

[quote name='Omniscient1' date='17 March 2010 - 10:51 PM' timestamp='1268884625' post='2228944']
What I got was one of their members left CN and they want someone else to come and take his place, but with this being the same alliance that told peple to suck it by inviting them to a hot dog eating contest; I am still looking for the hidden meeting
[/quote]
I loved that thread. shame it is no longer with us. Ive gathered a small bit more about this topic, i believe thaey are inviting Cora to join them to take Freelancers place...i think...lol

[quote name='King Death II' date='18 March 2010 - 03:28 AM' timestamp='1268883226' post='2228921']
um, ever heard of a private message?? :/
[/quote]

Have I ever heard of a private message being used for a public announcement? Erm... no actually, I haven't :/

[quote name='Katsumi' date='18 March 2010 - 05:57 AM' timestamp='1268892169' post='2229069']
I don't understand this at all. This the most incoherent announcement I've seen in a long time, ironic coming from an alliance called The Brain.
[/quote]

Perhaps you don't understand it because it has been delivered on a level above your intellect, ironic coming from an alliance called The Brain, wouldn't you say?

Anyway, I wholeheartedly approve of this announcement and foresee the outcome will be revolutionary for the Brain and I await an intelligent reply, so I'll be back in a week or so. :rolleyes:

[quote name='General Argent Doom' date='18 March 2010 - 04:34 AM' timestamp='1268901607' post='2229145']
Perhaps you don't understand it because it has been delivered on a level above your intellect, ironic coming from an alliance called The Brain, wouldn't you say?[/quote]

Ah... no, that wouldn't be ironic at all.

[quote]Anyway, I wholeheartedly approve of this announcement and foresee the outcome will be revolutionary for the Brain and I await an intelligent reply, so I'll be back in a week or so. :rolleyes:[/quote]

This appears to be more or less a silly inside joke. Perhaps this will yield results greater than its parts, but I doubt it. Come back in 300 days.

[quote name='Bryne Farrior' date='18 March 2010 - 09:03 AM' timestamp='1268903333' post='2229148']
Ah... no, that wouldn't be ironic at all.[/quote]

Oh dear lord, "Don't post sarcasm on the OWF" they told me, "Most people are too dumb to get it" they said. Silly me, I didn't believe them, so thanks for being the guy they were talking about and proving me wrong, now I have to part with my hard earned cash.

[quote name='Bryne Farrior' date='18 March 2010 - 09:03 AM' timestamp='1268903333' post='2229148']This appears to be more or less a silly inside joke. Perhaps this will yield results greater than its parts, but I doubt it. Come back in 300 days.
[/quote]

300 days? It will take you that long to come up with an intelligent reply?

[quote name='General Argent Doom' date='18 March 2010 - 05:15 AM' timestamp='1268904071' post='2229154']
Oh dear lord, "Don't post sarcasm on the OWF" they told me, "Most people are too dumb to get it" they said. Silly me, I didn't believe them, so thanks for being the guy they were talking about and proving me wrong, now I have to part with my hard earned cash.[/quote]

Silly me, expecting people to mean what they say. But actually, no amount of sarcasm saves your prior statement from making no sense. But enjoy your money..?

[quote]
300 days? It will take you that long to come up with an intelligent reply?[/quote]

Yes.

Fascinating read, worthty of posting. From the peanut galleries perspective I cant think of any reason why Cora wouldnt take the brain up on this offer, they are a good group of people, she would be hard pressed to find better.

o/free

I am deeply saddened for your drawn out loss. As it is now 17 months since Freelancers first notice he was leaving, never have I seen such dedication to give a 18 month notice of resignation, quite impressive.

On the other hand to allow such heartache go to on for so long makes one wonder which head you were using to store your "brain" in.