A joint announcement from NATO and FEAR

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='goldielax25' date='02 March 2010 - 10:00 AM' timestamp='1267542268' post='2211303']
Well it makes sense to leave a bloc called the Common Defense Treaty when the bloc members have shown they can't commonly defend each other.
[/quote]

In this past war, I am not exactly sure what more you could have asked for in regards to defense, at least for FEAR. We were the first in, and only got "countered" by the Amazons, Troy, and The Immortals, iirc. Our allies jumped on that, and knocked them out of the war. We did not get countered again until so late that we were already in peace talks and there would have been little point to it. I have no problems with UPN going neutral, to be honest - that quote from Altheus is terribly out of context.

As for our real reasons... they will remain private. CDT knows why we chose to leave and I don't think there is any hard feelings about it. (although I am retired-ish Gov and don't have the contact with the other signatories that current Gov does/did).

edit: typing is for better people than me

Edited by schmutte693

[quote name='schmutte693' date='02 March 2010 - 11:43 AM' timestamp='1267548423' post='2211396']
In this past war, I am not exactly sure what more you could have asked for in regards to defense, at least for FEAR. We were the first in, and only got "countered" by the Amazons, Troy, and The Immortals, iirc. Our allies jumped on that, and knocked them out of the war. We did not get countered again until so late that we were already in peace talks and there would have been little point to it. I have no problems with UPN going neutral, to be honest - that quote from Altheus is terribly out of context.

As for our real reasons... they will remain private. CDT knows why we chose to leave and I don't think there is any hard feelings about it. (although I am retired-ish Gov and don't have the contact with the other signatories that current Gov does/did).

edit: typing is for better people than me
[/quote]
UPN: treatied to both sides, so neutral.

You terrible people. I dislike you, and I can't think of a negative word to say. Well done :(

In the context of this cancellation, sad to see.

[quote name='darkfox' date='02 March 2010 - 12:59 AM' timestamp='1267520592' post='2211114']
Edit: Fonz CDT wasnt united in noCB. If I remember correctly CD was on the other side.
[/quote]
hmm, I forgot about CD being in CDT at that time, I guess it was actually the Illuminati war(?) CDT was last united in, my knowledge is limited since I didn't really pay attention to global politics then.

Also I think a lot of the "expected" comments are from (well, at least for me) people who knew of BBF, since it is not very well known Bloc. I mean looking at how the war went down for NATO and FEAR, BBF treaty partners came in to support them while only some (maybe none? I don't really know) CDT alliances not in BBF did. When you have one bloc that supports you militarily and politically, and only part of the other bloc, most alliances end up dropping latter (unless it is a color unity bloc) and end up signing individual treaties with their former bloc mates that did support them. This seems to be same the situation NATO and FEAR were in. I'm not exactly sure about the individual treaties (who NATO and FEAR are allied to), but if NATO and FEAR start signing individual treaties with their former bloc mates, it will pretty much fit the model perfectly.

Now since I'm making a lot of assumptions I could be completely off base, but this is the only reason that makes sense. In fact looking back I'm a little surprised this withdrawal didn't happen after the TPF debacle.

/s/
[i][b]Fronz[/b] - Third party political analyzer since 2006.[/i]

[quote name='arentak' date='02 March 2010 - 06:48 AM' timestamp='1267530698' post='2211195']
Whenever I see Anu Drake, I think "Anu Drake cares"
[/quote]

I think "Hey, that's me".

Love you Prince, don't be late this time, you know how hungry I get.

Sorry to see this happen again and as always best wishes CDT, you'll do just fine.

[quote name='Penkala' date='03 March 2010 - 12:19 PM' timestamp='1267618969' post='2212527']
[img]http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/9344/cdtsig01y.png[/img]

Well then..
[/quote]

Not that I know exactly why NATO and FEAR left, but I am pretty sure a smaller bloc is united more easily than a larger bloc. And sometimes not even that, look Citadel.

[quote name='Fronz' date='02 March 2010 - 05:36 PM' timestamp='1267569613' post='2211795']
hmm, I forgot about CD being in CDT at that time, I guess it was actually the Illuminati war(?) CDT was last united in, my knowledge is limited since I didn't really pay attention to global politics then.
[/quote]
Not all CDT alliances took part in the Illuminati war, but since that was actually a war launched by CDT... well yeah :)

[quote name='Fronz' date='02 March 2010 - 05:36 PM' timestamp='1267569613' post='2211795']
Also I think a lot of the "expected" comments are from (well, at least for me) people who knew of BBF, since it is not very well known Bloc. I mean looking at how the war went down for NATO and FEAR, BBF treaty partners came in to support them while only some (maybe none? I don't really know) CDT alliances not in BBF did. When you have one bloc that supports you militarily and politically, and only part of the other bloc, most alliances end up dropping latter (unless it is a color unity bloc) and end up signing individual treaties with their former bloc mates that did support them. This seems to be same the situation NATO and FEAR were in. I'm not exactly sure about the individual treaties (who NATO and FEAR are allied to), but if NATO and FEAR start signing individual treaties with their former bloc mates, it will pretty much fit the model perfectly.
[/quote]
It's BFF, not BBF. You're barking completely up the wrong tree. BFF is UCN, Wolfpack and FEAR, it doesn't include NATO, and USN, Menotah and Invicta all fought on the same "side" as NATO and FEAR in the past war - in fact every CDT alliance except UPN, which has a direct treaty to FEAR.

[quote name='Haflinger' date='03 March 2010 - 06:59 AM' timestamp='1267628595' post='2212599']
Not all CDT alliances took part in the Illuminati war, but since that was actually a war launched by CDT... well yeah :)

It's BFF, not BBF. You're barking completely up the wrong tree. BFF is UCN, Wolfpack and FEAR, it doesn't include NATO, and USN, Menotah and Invicta all fought on the same "side" as NATO and FEAR in the past war - in fact every CDT alliance except UPN, which has a direct treaty to FEAR.
[/quote]

The magnitude my errors amazes me, I'll just mark that down as another successful 3rd party analysis. :smug:

[quote name='Anu Drake' date='03 March 2010 - 12:25 AM' timestamp='1267576118' post='2211941']
I think "Hey, that's me".

Love you Prince, don't be late this time, you know how hungry I get.

Sorry to see this happen again and as always best wishes CDT, you'll do just fine.
[/quote]

Love you too Anu, I'll bring the wine this time. Tell the Wife sorry about the lampshade.