Karma for Sparta

Alterego

607 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='astronaut jones' date='28 February 2010 - 07:50 PM' timestamp='1267408426' post='2209189']
Y'all should go bet on horses, is what you should do. Leave the fighting to people who don't just pretend to know what they're doing.
[/quote]

HORSES, THAT'S A GREAT IDEA! I LOVE HORSES.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='astronaut jones' date='28 February 2010 - 08:50 PM' timestamp='1267408426' post='2209189']
Again, just because your ALLIES were superior, does not mean that YOU were. I fought sparta during the ujw, and we were told afterwards to say what great fighters you all were, when in private we were laughing about how piss poor you fought, and how utterly and completely unprepared you were. That was two years ago, and you know what's changed since then? From what I've been seeing, and from what I've been hearing, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

All I said was, if you haven't fixed your problems in two years, then you guys shouldn't be calling people out like that. As it stands right now, I would take ANY top 30 alliance over Sparta in a 1 on 1 fight, because, again, your allies being superior does not mean that you are a superior fighting force. What it does mean, is that you guys know how to pick a winner.

Y'all should go bet on horses, is what you should do. Leave the fighting to people who don't just pretend to know what they're doing.
[/quote]

Thank you very much for that well reasoned post, I especially liked all the evidence, it was nice, it really made your argument believable and gave alot of weight to the points you were making. It's a good thing too, because without it you'd have just looked like another worthless vindictive 'insert noun here'. But I'll be damned if you didn't give the best dawn argument I've seen in this thread yet.

My hat is off to you, sir.

Edited by Olaf Styke

[quote name='astronaut jones' date='28 February 2010 - 08:50 PM' timestamp='1267408426' post='2209189']
Again, just because your ALLIES were superior, does not mean that YOU were. I fought sparta during the ujw, and we were told afterwards to say what great fighters you all were, when in private we were laughing about how piss poor you fought, and how utterly and completely unprepared you were. That was two years ago, and you know what's changed since then? From what I've been seeing, and from what I've been hearing, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

All I said was, if you haven't fixed your problems in two years, then you guys shouldn't be calling people out like that. As it stands right now, I would take ANY top 30 alliance over Sparta in a 1 on 1 fight, because, again, your allies being superior does not mean that you are a superior fighting force. What it does mean, is that you guys know how to pick a winner.

[/quote]

But what good is an alliance who doesn't surround themself with good people who would be willing to fight alongside them?

NpO had managed to effectively either isolate themselves or be isolated and look at the damage done there. Sparta doesn't have to be the best fighters, I'd take someone who is an awesome friend and ally first, their ability to fight can be worked on but their ability to be good people will never change.

[quote name='andre27' date='28 February 2010 - 11:30 AM' timestamp='1267382033' post='2208579']The [i]real[/i] question is: Who will be the one(s) to deliver it.
[/quote]
We have the Peloponessian War scheduled against Athens; please standby for their betrayal :v

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' date='01 March 2010 - 01:58 AM' timestamp='1267408900' post='2209203']
But what good is an alliance who doesn't surround themself with good people who would be willing to fight alongside them?

NpO had managed to effectively either isolate themselves or be isolated and look at the damage done there. Sparta doesn't have to be the best fighters, I'd take someone who is an awesome friend and ally first, their ability to fight can be worked on but their ability to be good people will never change.
[/quote]

What you get is the new GGA, saying how they don't need to have WRC's because their buddies over in ... I dunno.. Athens, have a bunch of them. It's stupid. Being bad at fighting isn't the worst thing in the world, obviously sparta's where they are now because they're good at something, and that something is playing the politics game.. but they shouldn't stand there and say they can fight when, by all accounts, they haven't been able to fight much at all since before the ujw. So, either fix the problem, or shut up about it, because no matter how much they scream and yell and say how good they did, that doesn't make it true.

They've got other !@#$ they can be proud of. Their military? not so much.

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' date='28 February 2010 - 07:58 PM' timestamp='1267408900' post='2209203']

[/quote]

Actually, surrounding yourself with good alliances can produce complacency among your own members.

[quote name='abdur' date='28 February 2010 - 08:56 PM' timestamp='1267408807' post='2209198']
My thoughts exactly.
[/quote]

<@Altheus|UPN|> this may sound odd then, (and from your pov infra-hugging) but UPN has a realpolitik policy of not attacking if we're going to lose

What's this I found here? Good show, UPN. :smug:

[quote name='astronaut jones' date='28 February 2010 - 09:02 PM' timestamp='1267409172' post='2209211']
What you get is the new GGA, saying how they don't need to have WRC's because their buddies over in ... I dunno.. Athens, have a bunch of them. It's stupid. Being bad at fighting isn't the worst thing in the world, obviously sparta's where they are now because they're good at something, and that something is playing the politics game.. but they shouldn't stand there and say they can fight when, by all accounts, they haven't been able to fight much at all since before the ujw. So, either fix the problem, or shut up about it, because no matter how much they scream and yell and say how good they did, that doesn't make it true.

[/quote]

While I'd like to agree with you, recent... oh damn... what's that stuff called now...

EXPERIENCE has proven otherwise.

[quote name='Darklink7748' date='28 February 2010 - 09:06 PM' timestamp='1267409379' post='2209217']
<@Altheus|UPN|> this may sound odd then, (and from your pov infra-hugging) but UPN has a realpolitik policy of not attacking if we're going to lose

[/quote]

the way tha has been taken out of context is just astounding from what I hear

[quote name='astronaut jones' date='28 February 2010 - 08:02 PM' timestamp='1267409172' post='2209211']

[/quote]

All I hear is "I'm butt-hurt, and I dont have anything else to complain about" GTFO.

[quote name='Darklink7748' date='28 February 2010 - 09:06 PM' timestamp='1267409379' post='2209217']

[/quote]
Care to read my Sig?

Also, out of context/off topic quotes are fail.

Edited by abdur

[quote name='Darklink7748' date='28 February 2010 - 06:06 PM' timestamp='1267409379' post='2209217']

[/quote]

I don't see what that has to do with your military efficiency.

[quote name='Olaf Styke' date='01 March 2010 - 02:07 AM' timestamp='1267409444' post='2209221']
While I'd like to agree with you, recent... oh damn... what's that stuff called now...

EXPERIENCE has proven otherwise.
[/quote]

Yeah? Then why do I keep hearing otherwise?

[quote name='Pearl' date='01 March 2010 - 02:08 AM' timestamp='1267409532' post='2209223']
All I hear is "I'm butt-hurt, and I dont have anything else to complain about" GTFO.
[/quote]

What am I butt-hurt about? I have no horse in this race. I'm in a one man alliance currently fighting some communists because I felt like it, and I'm just waiting out the boredom before my spaceship lands on planet bob again and I can start my civilian life again. Your alliance's fighting ability sucks, work on it. You're good at everything else. $%&@, would you rather have some !@#$%^& blowing smoke up your $@!? Just take it as a bit of criticism and move the $%&@ on it. jesus christ.

What you said couldn't have made less sense if you tried.

[quote name='astronaut jones' date='28 February 2010 - 09:02 PM' timestamp='1267409172' post='2209211']

[/quote]

Well first, they have many capable nations who are getting short changed, but they are overshadowed by some they need to fix too (like a lot of alliances do) and the changes they have made since Karma have been significant, so I feel it's only a matter of time until they deserve a little more respect, but that will be seen I guess. I trust their military, they've always been willing to help Asgaard if something happened we couldn't handle when we were smaller. They held their own from my perspective during the war as well, but that's my perspective.

As for the stop talking about it, how? People bring it up at every turn, it's like telling members of GPA to stop saying they are neutral.

[quote name='astronaut jones' date='28 February 2010 - 08:12 PM' timestamp='1267409776' post='2209230']

What am I butt-hurt about? I have no horse in this race. I'm in a one man alliance currently fighting some communists because I felt like it, and I'm just waiting out the boredom before my spaceship lands on planet bob again and I can start my civilian life again. Your alliance's fighting ability sucks, work on it. You're good at everything else. $%&@, would you rather have some !@#$%^& blowing smoke up your $@!? Just take it as a bit of criticism and move the $%&@ on it. jesus christ.

What you said couldn't have made less sense if you tried.
[/quote]

A one man alliance? Awesome! Can I join? It sounds like I can learnz war fieghting skilllz from u.

[quote name='astronaut jones' date='28 February 2010 - 09:12 PM' timestamp='1267409776' post='2209230']
[/quote]

Well... schizophrenia is not out of the question, that's a viable diagnosis for hearing things that aren't real...

But I'm guessing you've been exposed to a near-lethal dose of whining propaganda from the not-so-fortunate side of this war, who are desperately attempting to turn a military defeat in to a PR victory. I call these factual mistruths 'lies', or 'bull%^&*'. It's a new concept, I know, why would anyone try to mislead somebody, especially for their own profit, but I'm afraid it's happening.

Gone are the days of honest men in CN, thank you very much opposition.

Edited by Olaf Styke

[quote name='Letum' date='28 February 2010 - 08:20 PM' timestamp='1267406613' post='2209148']
It will be a while. NPO's still around with a high score, but isolated. I expect you'd see an attempt at something like the [s]TPF-war[/s] [b]Second VietFAN[/b] against us in late 2010. Sparta is well-connected enough and docile enough for it to be a while before the world runs out of targets more attractive than them.
[/quote]
Isn't that the historical reference you should be making?

Edited by Arcturus Jefferson

[quote name='Pearl' date='01 March 2010 - 02:15 AM' timestamp='1267409962' post='2209235']
A one man alliance? Awesome! Can I join? It sounds like I can learnz war fieghting skilllz from u.
[/quote]

You know what? You probably could. I've been around a long time, and I probably know more than anyone in your alliance does.

[quote name='Olaf Styke' date='01 March 2010 - 02:18 AM' timestamp='1267410093' post='2209238']
Well... schizophrenia is not out of the question, that's a viable diagnosis for hearing things that aren't real...

But I'm guessing you've been exposed to a near-lethal dose of whining propaganda from the not-so-fortunate side of this war, who are desperately attempting to turn a military defeat in to a PR victory. I call these factual mistruths 'lies', or 'bull%^&*'. It's a new concept, I know, why would anyone try to mislead somebody, especially for their own profit, but I'm afraid it's happening.

[/quote]

So if the days of honesty are gone, why should anyone believe you?

[quote name='Olaf Styke' date='28 February 2010 - 09:18 PM' timestamp='1267410093' post='2209238']

[/quote]

Maybe you have not noticed but, the "dose of whining propaganda" is coming from people on both sides of the war. Your days of plotting on allies, switching sides, poor fighting skills and rep sucking are coming to an end. You want honest then you just got it.

[quote name='astronaut jones' date='28 February 2010 - 09:21 PM' timestamp='1267410292' post='2209243']
So if the days of honesty are gone, why should anyone believe you?
[/quote]

WHY SHOULD ANYONE BELIEVE ANYONE!?!?! IT'S ALL LIES!!! THEY'RE PITTING US AGAINST EACHOTHER AND WATCHING US FIGHT FOR THEIR OWN AMUSEMENT!!!

WE'RE RATS IN A MAZE, JONES, [size="6"]RATS IN A MAZE!!![/size]

[quote name='astronaut jones' date='28 February 2010 - 07:20 PM' timestamp='1267410254' post='2209242']
You know what? You probably could. I've been around a long time, and I probably know more than anyone in your alliance does.
[/quote]
That would be quite the accomplishment if true. I've been in Sparta my entire existence and have gotten virtually every nation-building and warfighting strategy from there. My nation is/was a powerhouse in a very short time. You know why? I read the guides and ask questions. Sparta being an open alliance, we get many that don't take knowledge from experience seriously; they are eventually purged. Many more learn and become great fighters in Sparta. Point being, you probably don't know more ;-)

[quote name='Mr Damsky' date='28 February 2010 - 07:29 PM' timestamp='1267410765' post='2209260']
I did. I got no response even after [b]begging[/b] your leadership to counter me.
[/quote]
It was your lovable face that kept us :wub: