FOK Declaration of War

Divi Filius

[quote name='Shovel' date='23 February 2010 - 03:04 PM' timestamp='1266955457' post='2199401']
Yeah, defending a treaty partner, how low of FOK.
[/quote]
Oh, please. You know full well that I wasn't lambasting them for their defense of their treaty partner but that I was disappointed that, out of all, they decided to go on and declare on TOP. Not so long, even if I don't really expect the rascals in iFOK to understand, the FOK-TOP relations were solid. Heck, TOP helped FOK rebuild after the last major war.

You would have thought that, with such a past and with the way this war is actually going (TOP is facing 21 alliances), FOK wasn't really forced to DoW on TOP. I mean, surely the 21 alliances are big enough to handle TOP, aren't they?

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='MikeTheFirst' date='23 February 2010 - 03:07 PM' timestamp='1266955643' post='2199412']
Hmm...you [i]do[/i] know you declared pre-emptively on a FOK ally, right? And that you send out aid to a direct opponent of FOK. How friendly is that?
[/quote]

I guess that cancels out everything TOP did for Fok?

[quote name='Crazy Carrot' date='23 February 2010 - 08:08 PM' timestamp='1266955709' post='2199416']
Friends don't attack treaty partners or aid an alliance (Invicta) we are at war with. A lot of FOK-ers feel very bad over this and the decision truly was a difficult one, but there was little else that could be done...
[/quote]

Not our fault you went slumming.

I'm sorry to see this happen. Now I'm even up in the air about whether a paperless route is the route to go. I thought friendships could exist even without, and maybe this is notice that we have no friendship amongst us, I do not know honestly. I for one would of protested any declaration of TOP hitting FOK in any arena and will continue to do my best to see both parties regain our friendship? I'm just kind of speechless on this one. To me this is the same as Umbrella, Argent, or Gremlins hitting us. Something I never, thought possible. I suppose I'm naive though.

That being said, I wish FOK the best of luck and I suppose I'm still sacrificing my pixels for people I hold in the highest regard, even if they are being sacrificed towards those people. Again words escape me, and I must say the only thing appropriate here is, I'm sorry. Both as a TOP member that has allowed our friendship to degrade to this point, and as the person who proposed a pre-emp attack on your treaty partners. I truly am sorry that you are in the position you are in, due in large part to my own actions.

o/ FOK.

[quote name='LiquidMercury' date='23 February 2010 - 08:10 PM' timestamp='1266955833' post='2199424']
I'm sorry to see this happen. Now I'm even up in the air about whether a paperless route is the route to go. I thought friendships could exist even without, and maybe this is notice that we have no friendship amongst us, I do not know honestly. I for one would of protested any declaration of TOP hitting FOK in any arena and will continue to do my best to see both parties regain our friendship? I'm just kind of speechless on this one. To me this is the same as Umbrella, Argent, or Gremlins hitting us. Something I never, thought possible. I suppose I'm naive though.

That being said, I wish FOK the best of luck and I suppose I'm still sacrificing my pixels for people I hold in the highest regard, even if they are being sacrificed towards those people. Again words escape me, and I must say the only thing appropriate here is, I'm sorry. Both as a TOP member that has allowed our friendship to degrade to this point, and as the person who proposed a pre-emp attack on your treaty partners. I truly am sorry that you are in the position you are in, due in large part to my own actions.

o/ FOK.
[/quote]

Nice post LM, well said.

[quote name='MikeTheFirst' date='23 February 2010 - 03:13 PM' timestamp='1266955987' post='2199426']
No, but it also doesn't mean you get a Get Out Of Jail Free card.
[/quote]

It should at least get a remain free from being shivved from behind while handcuffed and leg shackled to an electric chair

why not seek peace then, instead of compounding the problem

You attack TOP when TOP hasn't even been allowed to see peace terms

I expect you'd like reps as well? (thing is we already sent them... 2 years ago )

Edited by jstep

[quote name='Yevgeni Luchenkov' date='23 February 2010 - 08:08 PM' timestamp='1266955728' post='2199418']
Oh, please. You know full well that I wasn't lambasting them for their defense of their treaty partner but that I was disappointed that, out of all, they decided to go on and declare on TOP. Not so long, even if I don't really expect the rascals in iFOK to understand, the FOK-TOP relations were solid. Heck, TOP helped FOK rebuild after the last major war.

You would have thought that, with such a past and with the way this war is actually going (TOP is facing 21 alliances), FOK wasn't really forced to DoW on TOP. I mean, surely the 21 alliances are big enough to handle TOP, aren't they?
[/quote]

FOK declared on all alliances who attacked their treaty partners. If TOP really didn't want to put FOK in this position they wouldn't have attacked MK. It is quite apparent TOP has no regard for their relationship with FOK.

Edited by Shovel

[quote name='sha the merciless' date='23 February 2010 - 03:10 PM' timestamp='1266955825' post='2199422']
Not our fault you went slumming.
[/quote]
Excuse me?

[quote name='Tushar Dhoot' date='23 February 2010 - 03:11 PM' timestamp='1266955888' post='2199425']
21 alliances later they still need help taking us down.

Epic is an understatement.
[/quote]
You did have 66 nations over 100k.. its rather hard to deal with that, coupled with the other alliances, we don't have the nations to take on your upper tier that still remains.

LM, I can understand your point, but when you attack their treatied ally, there is a disrespect for that friendship right there, especially for reasoning such as yours. Paperless can work, but only if you aren't making poor diplomatic decisions.

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

[quote name='LiquidMercury' date='23 February 2010 - 08:10 PM' timestamp='1266955833' post='2199424']

o/ FOK.
[/quote]

Perhaps this is a true tell of how much the prempt served to hurt. I'll have to pick your brain sometime on what in gods name you were thinking there, because honestly I don't know how you did not suspect something like this to finally happen once that decision was made.

[quote name='jstep' date='23 February 2010 - 01:14 PM' timestamp='1266956082' post='2199431']
It should at least get a remain free from being shivved from behind while handcuffed and leg shackled to an electric chair
[/quote]
Didn't TOP shackle themselves to the electric chair when they declared war on C&G?

I think it is interesting how often alliance leaders spoke of friendship transcending treaties and legalities in the months leading up to this war. Then, so many alliances turn and say they can attack "friends" because they have no treaty.

Anyway, see you soon, FOK.

[quote name='jstep' date='23 February 2010 - 09:14 PM' timestamp='1266956082' post='2199431']
[/quote]

You shackled yourselves to that chair, so no need to play the victim here. It's a bad situation for all involved, no need to make it any worse.

[quote name='Crazy Carrot' date='23 February 2010 - 03:17 PM' timestamp='1266956224' post='2199439']
You shackled yourselves to that chair, so no need to play the victim here. It's a bad situation for all involved, no need to make it any worse.
[/quote]

We also gave you the knife, does that justify you using it

Edited by jstep

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' date='23 February 2010 - 04:15 PM' timestamp='1266956126' post='2199433']
You did have 66 nations over 100k.. its rather hard to deal with that, coupled with the other alliances, we don't have the nations to take on your upper tier that still remains.
[/quote]

Yeah, sorry about that. We must have taken this for a nation building game. We'll move along then.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' date='23 February 2010 - 02:15 PM' timestamp='1266956138' post='2199434']
Perhaps this is a true tell of how much the prempt served to hurt. I'll have to pick your brain sometime on what in gods name you were thinking there, because honestly I don't know how you did not suspect something like this to finally happen once that decision was made.
[/quote]

In military planning I think about the strategy and number analysis behind things. For the most part, I leave the political aspects to other people (one reason Karma worked so great is due to Archon's ability to maneuver in the political realm and help make the military strategy and numbers work with minimal political fall-out). Though to be fair, I truly felt as though the pre-emp wouldn't have had the political fall out to this degree. I was obviously wrong.

Edited by LiquidMercury

[quote name='Yir Yoronti' date='23 February 2010 - 03:16 PM' timestamp='1266956203' post='2199438']
o/ our friends in FOK

What's the problem MK you still having problems fighting us? Scared for your stats so you need more meatshields to defend you?
[/quote]
Have you looked at our nations? Most of us are at war with you or cycling in and out. Don't just spew everything you think, use logic.

[quote name='Tushar Dhoot' date='23 February 2010 - 03:18 PM' timestamp='1266956304' post='2199443']
Yeah, sorry about that. We must have taken this for a nation building game. We'll move along then.
[/quote]
I don't complain about it, I'm explaining why its difficult for CnG to fight you by ourselves, and why so many people are on you. You guys haven't been engaged in wars and have built your nations quite big as a result. Thus, many people are needed to take you down. Its not a complaint, its just a statement of what I thought was obvious.

[quote name='Seth Muscarella' date='23 February 2010 - 02:16 PM' timestamp='1266956175' post='2199435']
Didn't TOP shackle themselves to the electric chair when they declared war on C&G?
[/quote]

That would insinuate that CnG alone would be the destruction of us. Last I checked there are not 21 alliances in CnG. (I'm really not good at this, o/ MK for being a lot better at it, in particularly oyababy (I still feel the need to bring his name up once a week)).