FOK Declaration of War

Divi Filius

[quote name='merlin' date='23 February 2010 - 08:42 PM' timestamp='1266957721' post='2199505']
I am sorry to see further orange on orange violence. I can only hope that FOK's entrance into the war will help speed it to a quick and fair conclusion.
[/quote]

He said the same thing, after I said it! Further proof that the CnG brainwashing machine has worked on ODN. Archon will be pleased!

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='merlin' date='23 February 2010 - 02:42 PM' timestamp='1266957721' post='2199505']
I am sorry to see further orange on orange violence. I can only hope that FOK's entrance into the war will help speed it to a quick and fair conclusion.
[/quote]

I think we're going to be below blue after this. Orange peace now? Rebuild, take over the color spheres as admin intended. Huzzah! Wait, I'm actually on aqua....orange scum :P

[quote name='LiquidMercury' date='23 February 2010 - 03:27 PM' timestamp='1266956820' post='2199464']
To be fair, that isn't a completely valid statement. It is quite possible that this may have happened had we taken an alternative route into the war i.e. IRON/NSO route. Since that scenario never played out, we will never know. Either way we'd still have ended up fighting a large portion if not all of CnG due to the treaty lines falling where they would and it is quite possible that FOK may have done this/felt the need to do this/wanted to do this regardless of how we entered the war. As I've said, there just is no way to know but lets at least not be close-minded about possibilities. It's possibilities and speculations that make things so interesting.
[/quote]

I think the political ignorance only takes you so far. From a pure military standpoint, its hard to believe you didn't see the ramifications of the treaty web that would happen from declaring on the whole bloc preemptively.

Lets say for the sake of hypotheticals, IRON countered those hitting NSO. You could have selectively countered those who countered IRON (as you'd have to expect an alliance of their size to be able to absorb some of the blows) and then you could have declared on alliances in defense of your ally. When you got countered, it would have activated a lot of your defense treaties like MHA and Umbrella at the best, and at the worst forced them to stay neutral due to conflicts of interest. TOP would not have put themselves out there as a target for every alliance treatied to a C&G alliance (newsflash: they were well connected) and in the end it would have been a lot less destructive for everyone involved. And yes, there probably would have been support for lenient/no terms against yourselves and your allies. After all, it was the pre-emptive strike that will probably force serious terms on the affair.

Instead, you chose to paint a bullseye right over your alliance, an alliance that built up quite a few grudges over the past year or so, and got to watch as all of those who felt wronged by your activities (NoCB, quarter-assing the Karma War to leave people to get slammed, Kronos affair, pressuring friends who had allies on the other side to side with you in WWE) have a legitimate treaty avenue to air those grievances out militarily.

That wasn't poor political planning, it was poor military planning. So yea, I would like to echo Impero's statements, of what was going through your head when you decided that that was the best military strategy. Who didn't you expect to hit you that ended up hitting you? Where did you think the sides would lie? Who do you think would have countered IRON? Who would have countered your counters?

[quote name='jstep' date='23 February 2010 - 03:23 PM' timestamp='1266956602' post='2199454']
I don't believe anyone if forcing you to use anything, You've made your choices and nothing will change that
[/quote]

[quote]Any direct attack on either signatory should be seen as an attack on both, and thus initiating the mobilization of both signatories' armed forces [/quote]

If you don't want FOK to attack you, don't attack an alliance they hold an MDoAP with. It's really quite simple.

Attention everyone: If TOP really did aid alliances at war with FOK then you effectively already declared war on them so talk of this horrible betrayal is both hypocritical and misguided. You also should have considered FOK before declaring on MK if you really cared about that friendship. Seriously, get over yourselves.

Edited by Stumpy Jung Il

First of all, big thanks to FOK in this tough position.

[quote name='Yir Yoronti' date='23 February 2010 - 12:16 PM' timestamp='1266956203' post='2199438']
o/ our friends in FOK

What's the problem MK you still having problems fighting us? Scared for your stats so you need more meatshields to defend you?
[/quote]Uhh, have you noticed how many of our nations have engaged with TOP, multiple times?
[quote name='Tushar Dhoot' date='23 February 2010 - 12:18 PM' timestamp='1266956304' post='2199443']
Yeah, sorry about that. We must have taken this for a nation building game. We'll move along then.
[/quote]You seem to forget the political field. That plays just as much, if not an even greater part in war.
[quote name='LiquidMercury' date='23 February 2010 - 12:21 PM' timestamp='1266956499' post='2199450']
That would insinuate that CnG alone would be the destruction of us. Last I checked there are not 21 alliances in CnG. (I'm really not good at this, o/ MK for being a lot better at it, in particularly oyababy (I still feel the need to bring his name up once a week)).
[/quote]
Again, it's a political game too, you had to foresee C&G allies coming in to help them, and that a non-treaty declaration would cause this much uproar.

On that last note, TOP as a whole have some of the best fighters I've met in CN (I mean as far as fighting goes which is mostly activity and a basic understanding of game mechanics) and I'm glad each of our alliances are able to admit the other's prowess on the battlefield.

Edited by Drai

[quote name='kriekfreak' date='23 February 2010 - 09:03 PM' timestamp='1266959037' post='2199559']
This was hard for FOK. People whining and complaining (lol @ "WE GAVE YOU MONEY TO BE OUR LAPDOGS") aren't helping your cause at all, quite the opposite.
[/quote]

Read through the thread again. Where exactly has anyone stated that?

[quote name='kriekfreak' date='23 February 2010 - 04:03 PM' timestamp='1266959037' post='2199559']
This was hard for FOK. People whining and complaining (lol @ "WE GAVE YOU MONEY TO BE OUR LAPDOGS") aren't helping your cause at all, quite the opposite.
[/quote]

I believe it was more of we helped Fok, and now we are getting kicked by Fok while we are down then, we're angry with Fok for not being on our side

[quote name='Tushar Dhoot' date='23 February 2010 - 03:11 PM' timestamp='1266955888' post='2199425']
21 alliances later they still need help taking us down.

Epic is an understatement.
[/quote]
The Continuum didn't need all it's member nations to attack GPA yet they still did, maybe it's not that they need FOK, its just that FOK is following through.

[quote name='Simon De Montfort' date='23 February 2010 - 04:27 PM' timestamp='1266960465' post='2199624']
I guess this is what passes for honor in FOK.
[/quote]

Yea, FOK scum. Who taught you that defended unjustly attacked allies is honorable?

I much prefer the TOP version: aggressive attacks without a treaty, even if the target is a close ally of many of your best friends.

This is one of the saddest days, maybe even the saddest during the 2,5 years I've been playing CN. This decision was very hard on us TOP, I hope you can understand our position in this cl#%!^%$#&ck of a war.

I would also want to ask everyone to keep it civil in here. There is no ill will from FOK towards TOP. We just did what we had to do.

[quote name='The Warrior' date='23 February 2010 - 09:24 PM' timestamp='1266960259' post='2199614']
Wow. This really must have been a hard decision for you. :rolleyes:

You're probably right though, there weren't enough alliances attacking us yet anyway... <_<

Best of luck.
[/quote]

You see this is why i stated what I did a page or so ago, it's post like this that come across as WAAAAA WAAAAAAA!! BAWWWW BAWWWWWW!!!!