An ADI Transition

[quote name='King Xander the Only' date='23 February 2010 - 02:24 AM' timestamp='1266913493' post='2198795']
I'm glad the pressure from RoK worked. Happy to see this.
[/quote]

I personally know that this had nothing to do with pressure from RoK, as much as they would like to believe it.

Sometimes real life gets in the way. The good news is that now RoK can stop whining and complaining about ADI's leadership.

EDIT: Almost forgot a big 'ol o/ Lord Tri!

Edited by Nathan Grant

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Nathan Grant' date='23 February 2010 - 10:24 AM' timestamp='1266938684' post='2199028']
I personally know that this had nothing to do with pressure from RoK, as much as they would like to believe it.

Sometimes real life gets in the way. The good news is that now RoK can stop whining and complaining about ADI's leadership.
[/quote]

First, I don't see how you could possibly know what RoK does or does not believe about this situation. Aside from myself, only one other member of RoK has even voiced an opinion about the issue here, and he showed great restraint while doing it. So please don't presume to know what the opinion is within someone else's alliance.

Secondly, and I'm speaking only for myself here, but [b]my[/b] issue with ADI was never limited just to who was running the government. Yes, the overwhelming majority of members felt that John Warbuck was a poor excuse for a leader after the events that happened during the TPF conflict. But there was, in my mind, a much larger issue in play, which was what appeared to be an over-riding attitude by many in ADI that, once those actions were taken, they could repeatedly give RoK the finger without consequence, over any issue, regardless of whether it concerned them or not. This has more to do with the midset of the general membership as a whole than it does with one man at the top.

To me, it would have been a more note-worthy event if the general membership of ADI had removed Warbuck on their own, rather than simply waiting for him to step down due to other factors. Judging from many of the responses here already, it appears to me at least that the only thing that has changed in ADI is the name of the man at the top, and that same attitude exists still. For that reason, I would not expect the general tone of RoK's responses to change all that drastically.

Regardless, I'll say congratulations to Lord Tri, wish the best to John Warbuck in his personal endeavors, and then exit this thread before it devolves further.

[quote name='Nathan Grant' date='23 February 2010 - 07:24 AM' timestamp='1266938684' post='2199028']

EDIT: Almost forgot a big 'ol o/ Lord Tri!
[/quote]

Can we "whine and complain" about the poor posting skills and general lack of knowledge coming from other ADI members instead? Because despite the change at the top, it appears we will still see plenty of that from you in specific.

Though I doubt you will see it that way, I sincerely hope you see this as chance to make positive changes and rebuild lost relationships. We at RoK are more than willing to try and move forward now that this change has taken place. Best of luck to you.

[quote name='Van Hoo III' date='23 February 2010 - 05:13 PM' timestamp='1266941609' post='2199079']
Can we "whine and complain" about the poor posting skills and general lack of knowledge coming from other ADI members instead?
[/quote]

OH SNAP!

[quote name='Van Hoo III' date='23 February 2010 - 05:13 PM' timestamp='1266941609' post='2199079']Because despite the change at the top, it appears we will still see plenty of that from you in specific.
[/quote]

OH DOUBLE SNAP!!!

--

[img]http://img532.imageshack.us/img532/7017/warbuckfamzy.jpg[/img]

Worth a 1000 words.

--

Congratulations and good luck Lord Tri. I hope you get to rebuild on some of the friendships you lost.

[quote name='Van Hoo III' date='23 February 2010 - 10:13 AM' timestamp='1266941609' post='2199079']
Can we "whine and complain" about the poor posting skills and general lack of knowledge coming from other ADI members instead? Because despite the change at the top, it appears we will still see plenty of that from you in specific.

Though I doubt you will see it that way, I sincerely hope you see this as chance to make positive changes and rebuild lost relationships. We at RoK are more than willing to try and move forward now that this change has taken place. Best of luck to you.
[/quote]

There is perhaps one thing you said that we can agree upon. It is that this is a chance to make positive changes and rebuild relationships. I am glad to hear that RoK is willing to try and move forward.

There is no lack of knowledge of the situation on my part. I am willing to put aside any past issues I had with RoK for the good of the alliance and because the tone here has changed.

ADI, I had an awesome time with you guys, and I wish you luck with your future endeavors. Maybe I will return someday.

It is also good to hear that RoK is willing to listen to the new leadership. It is a sign of a great alliance that it is willing to lay down its grievances and attempt to discuss its problems, especially with how messy this affair became, and I have no doubt with this in mind, some form of healing can begin. Besides, I think Aqua wants its unity back! :P

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='23 February 2010 - 05:37 PM' timestamp='1266946629' post='2199194']
Hopefully that's the end of the petty insults that were characterising both sides of ADI debates in the last month or so. Good luck to the new administration and hopefully Aqua can be all friendly again.
[/quote]

lol, you spoke too early there.

ADI, that CB RoK has for you guys is about to mature, watch out.

[quote name='Lord Derfal Cadarn' date='23 February 2010 - 04:02 PM' timestamp='1266940976' post='2199068']
First, I don't see how you could possibly know what RoK does or does not believe about this situation.[/quote]
As of right now, my reception from members of RoK has been fairly warm. Grant, while there has been some significant negativity in this thread, it is to be expected. While we may disagree on the reasoning, the negativity is understandable. John Warbuck was disliked by people, this is a fact. It is only natural that snide and derogatory remarks will come forth. I am not saying I agree with them, I am not saying they are necessary, but I am saying that I understand where they are coming from.

[quote name='Van Hoo III' date='23 February 2010 - 04:13 PM' timestamp='1266941609' post='2199079']
[/quote]
I can assure you that we do see it that way, and are looking to rebuild lost relationships. It is good to hear that RoK has decided to move on from our previous issues. While I am sure a formal relationship will never come again between our two alliances, I do hope that cordiality and a mutual respect for one another will allow itself to come of this.

[quote name='FreddieMercury' date='23 February 2010 - 06:01 PM' timestamp='1266948087' post='2199218']
lol, you spoke too early there.

ADI, that CB RoK has for you guys is about to mature, watch out.
[/quote]
Not if Hoo's post above held meaning to it.

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='23 February 2010 - 11:37 AM' timestamp='1266946629' post='2199194']
Hopefully that's the end of the petty insults that were characterising both sides of ADI debates in the last month or so. Good luck to the new administration and hopefully Aqua can be all friendly again.
[/quote]

AMEN! :D

Warbuck made alot of tough calls, and ADI is better for it. He may be scorned by some, but he is loved by his members, and respected by his friends and allies, remember that John, in the end, that's all that matters. You did a good job by ADI. Enjoy retirement bud, you deserve it.

To Lord Tri, I know you will do great things for ADI my old friend. :)

[quote name='Airikr' date='24 February 2010 - 01:50 AM' timestamp='1266976444' post='2200264']
Warbuck made alot of tough calls, and ADI is better for it. He may be scorned by some, but he is loved by his members, and respected by his friends and allies, remember that John, in the end, that's all that matters. You did a good job by ADI. Enjoy retirement bud, you deserve it.

To Lord Tri, I know you will do great things for ADI my old friend. :)
[/quote]

Good to see ya, old friend! Thanks for the kind words.

Despite what some might think, Warbuck is a good guy. It's a shame other duties have caused him to step down. However, Lord Tri is an excellent replacement in his stead. I am confident he will lead ADI in the right direction.

o/ ADI

EDIT: It's also good to see RoK willing to move forward. If they are sincere I will be in awe. :)

Edited by Canik

[quote name='Nathan Grant' date='23 February 2010 - 11:34 AM' timestamp='1266943090' post='2199109']
There is perhaps one thing you said that we can agree upon. It is that this is a chance to make positive changes and rebuild relationships. [b]I am glad to hear that RoK is willing to try and move forward[/b].

There is no lack of knowledge of the situation on my part. I am willing to put aside any past issues I had with RoK for the good of the alliance and because the tone here has changed.
[/quote]

It has never been any secret that Rok's problem was with Warbuck and his backstabbing actions, not ADI itself. There is no reason why Rok wouldn't want to improve relations after Warbuck left a leadership position. If you were paying attention at all, you wouldn't be surprised by this at all.

[quote name='Pravus Ingruo' date='24 February 2010 - 03:43 PM' timestamp='1267047990' post='2202035']
It has never been any secret that Rok's problem was with Warbuck and his backstabbing actions, not ADI itself. There is no reason why Rok wouldn't want to improve relations after Warbuck left a leadership position. If you were paying attention at all, you wouldn't be surprised by this at all.
[/quote]

I am not surprised at all Pravus. In fact, I expected it.

Now things have changed. Due to circumstances outside Planet Bob, Warbuck has stepped down. This is cause for celebration for those that hated him and a chance for ADI to rebuild relations with former allies. RoK didn't need to wage a months long propaganda war with the intention of forcing Warbuck out of power, taking a page out of the CIA handbook of the 1950's (e.g. Iran & Guatemala regime change), but they did. Like in the 60's against Cuba, however, this strategy ultimately failed because John Warbuck had strong support. I understand that some people outside of ADI believe that Warbuck lied about some logs and do not like him as a result.

I am glad to see that this was a personal problem RoK had with Warbuck rather than a dislike of the whole alliance. As such, I look forward to détente and perhaps amicable relations with RoK in the future.

EDIT: The CIA regime change comparison is my opinion only, not that of my alliance.

Edited by Nathan Grant

[quote name='Van Hoo III' date='23 February 2010 - 04:09 PM' timestamp='1266941609' post='2199079']

[/quote]

LOL what a 180, only doing that cause ya no longer have whatever little CB you coulda come up with now Warbuck has moved aside.

Anyway best of luck ADI in moving forwards.