An Announcement from TPF Regarding Peace

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Captain Canuck' date='22 February 2010 - 11:55 AM' timestamp='1266839750' post='2197100']
[i]awesome[/i] WAPA war machine
[/quote]

It turned out that having square wheels on war machine was not such an [i]awesome[/i] idea! Back to the drawing board!

The truth hurts and yes we didn't fare very well, however in the end we were not alone, and that's what counts.

Friends.

Friends we didn't even know we had, until the time we needed them most.

Thanks VE, and o/.

[quote name='totenkopf' date='22 February 2010 - 05:04 AM' timestamp='1266833045' post='2197043']
I think this belongs to the TPF

[img]http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u310/totenkopf18/135097002_39b74071e2A.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Oh hi there! :awesome:

[IMG]http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/Coven87/wapafish1.png[/IMG]

Glad to have peace.

Edited by Airikr

[quote name='Earl Dumarest' date='22 February 2010 - 07:06 AM' timestamp='1266840408' post='2197112']
It turned out that having square wheels on war machine was not such an [i]awesome[/i] idea! Back to the drawing board!

The truth hurts and yes we didn't fare very well, however in the end we were not alone, and that's what counts.

Friends.

Friends we didn't even know we had, until the time we needed them most.

Thanks VE, and o/.
[/quote]
Oh Earl.....

You guys didn't do all that badly, a bit more preparation and coordination and you will be fine. Most of the WAPA nations I engaged were led by very nice chaps, bunnet and Auctor come to mind. All in all a very enjoyable war.

Despite the jabs and criticism from some in this thread, most notably The Global Order of Chuckleheadsâ„¢, TPF accomplished what we set out to do when we entered this conflict:

1. Assist in securing peace for our allies in FEAR, with the added bonus of lending a hand to our brothers in NEW.

2. Assist in securing peace for our allies in NATO.

Both tasks were accomplished with surrenders, one by TI....one by TPF.

I say not a bad outcome considering the things we have been dealing with for the past six months.

...so yea, we [i]surrendered........[/i] [i]after[/i] our goals were met and on our [i]own[/i] terms. [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/smug.gif[/img]

Best of luck to WAPA in your recovery.

It was a pleasure fighting WAPA. They really are great people, it was a a lot of fun battling New Caly and Shmeestar, very much enjoyed conversing back and forth with them. I still plan to try and send some rebuilding aid your way guys, just gotta make sure I don't bill lock myself lol. :)

o/ To peace.

Edited by Airikr

[quote name='Boogeyman657' date='22 February 2010 - 12:52 PM' timestamp='1266839520' post='2197098']
Don't tempt me to nuke a WAPA.
[/quote]
Oh lawd is that sum threat in your own surrender thread? That's adorable. If you want to nuke someone come and get me big boy.

[quote name='JBone' date='22 February 2010 - 02:27 PM' timestamp='1266845246' post='2197170']
1. Assist in securing peace for our allies in FEAR
[/quote]
How is that peace thing working out for FEAR?

[quote name='neneko' date='22 February 2010 - 06:24 AM' timestamp='1266848681' post='2197225']
If you want to nuke someone come and get me big boy.

[/quote]
fairy land is a peaceful nation. War is not an option.

I'd reckon he can't when you're in peacemode hippyboy.

Whats the point here? I think the main thing is that pretty much no one here wanted to fight this war. There wasn't some grand plan to orchestrate something. Polar started a war out of no where, none of our allies were involved in planning that move. Some other people we don't have any ties to escalated it to a point our friends got involved and they trusted the wrong folks/made some dumb decisions that led to everyone fighting. We entered in a weakened condition to try to assist our allies as best we could and to a large extent I feel that was successful. We hurt the people hurting our allies. Once our allies surrendered and we were left defending no one and unable to maneuver many of our allies asked us to close the front and get out. You and some of your friends seem to have quite a bit of issue with how we conducted this, going so far as to rant we "used underhanded tactics" during the war by offering to peace out wapa if they peaced out our allies. What is interesting is all the ridicule being directed at our military performance, by GOD whom has 9 offensive wars in the last week and by a guy sitting in peacemode daring our guys to fighting him.

That said I'd like if all the TPF guys would remain respectful as wapa made choices to stay in the war and take very large losses because they were told to do so. It takes a bit of gut to hold out against the damage that was done on them. I can respect that resolve.

Edited by mhawk

[quote name='mhawk' date='22 February 2010 - 03:37 PM' timestamp='1266849439' post='2197239']
I'd reckon he can't when you're in peacemode hippyboy.
[/quote]
No worries just gonna shrug off the nuclear anarchy. I'll be back out in a day or two. I thought you were beyond the "lolpeacemode" liners to be honest. Look me up in two days if you wanna declare. Make sure to stagger properly.

edit: sorry it's 3 days. Don't forget!

Edited by neneko

[quote name='neneko' date='22 February 2010 - 06:55 AM' timestamp='1266850525' post='2197260']
No worries just gonna shrug off the nuclear anarchy. I'll be back out in a day or two. I thought you were beyond the "lolpeacemode" liners to be honest. Look me up in two days if you wanna declare. Make sure to stagger properly.

edit: sorry it's 3 days. Don't forget!
[/quote]
We're quite beyond "lolpeacemode". I'd have thought you were beyond the randomly challenge people to declare on you to try to be macho thing. It was a sarcastic example of how similar and ironic challenging someone to "come and get me then" is in this situation. Especially yours.

I'd also say each of the WAPA guys I fought was pretty nice in messages, the ones that talked anyways. Good job once again.

Edited by mhawk

I've always loved WAPA, and it's great to see peace between two of our friends. WAPA has been classy in every dealing I've ever had with them, and I respect that greatly. Maybe their other friends should start taking some notes.

o/ TPF!
o/ WAPA!

Edited by Shurukian

[quote name='mhawk' date='22 February 2010 - 04:16 PM' timestamp='1266851773' post='2197276']
We're quite beyond "lolpeacemode". I'd have thought you were beyond the randomly challenge people to declare on you to try to be macho thing. It was a sarcastic example of how similar and ironic challenging someone to "come and get me then" is in this situation. Especially yours.

I'd also say each of the WAPA guys I fought was pretty nice in messages, the ones that talked anyways. Good job once again.
[/quote]
He seemed so eager to get his nukes flying I thought I'd let him vent a little. I also found it really cute that he threatened the people he surrendered to.

Well good luck rebuilding and all that. I guess I won't see any tpf declarations on me for a while. :(

[quote name='neneko' date='22 February 2010 - 10:35 AM' timestamp='1266852916' post='2197290']
He seemed so eager to get his nukes flying I thought I'd let him vent a little. I also found it really cute that he threatened the people he surrendered to.[/quote]
I'm pretty sure his post was in jest. Perhaps it is best if this is just dropped.

I wish WAPA a swift recovery alongside TPF.

[quote name='Arcturus Jefferson' date='22 February 2010 - 01:11 AM' timestamp='1266819118' post='2196628']
Well at least you aren't martyring yourselves like that other war. That was embarrassing for everyone involved!
[/quote]

Wow. A whole ten posts before the first hater.

We must be losing our touch.

Now, I'm no expert on AA politics, being out of gov for sometime now, but from what I remember, it kinda went down like this...

1) War starts
2) mhawk recognizes the alliance isn't going to be able to pull together enough guys after the last fight to jump in for our allies in this one and asks for volunteers for a coming strike
4) We enter the war in defense of NATO, declaring on WAPA
5) Hilarity ensues
6) NATO et al get peace. TPF gets to run the Mogadishu Mile
7) VE pulls together a chain (through NV and 1TF, who never declare) and yells "SURPRISE MOTHER$%&@ERS!!!" and proceeds to jump TPF (having a couple more yards to go in that Mile)
8) Further hilarity ensues
9) TPF peaces out WAPA and VE and promise to keep the shenanigans to a minimum

Of course, that's just the summary from a sleep-deprived, half-crazed, over-worked TPFer, so it could also be the exact opposite of what happened. Who knows?

[quote name='edikroma' date='22 February 2010 - 08:33 PM' timestamp='1266870815' post='2197732']
Now, I'm no expert on AA politics, being out of gov for sometime now, but from what I remember, it kinda went down like this...

1) War starts
2) mhawk recognizes the alliance isn't going to be able to pull together enough guys after the last fight to jump in for our allies in this one and asks for volunteers for a coming strike
4) We enter the war in defense of NATO, declaring on WAPA
5) Hilarity ensues
6) NATO et al get peace. TPF gets to run the Mogadishu Mile
7) VE pulls together a chain (through NV and 1TF, who never declare) and yells "SURPRISE MOTHER$%&@ERS!!!" and proceeds to jump TPF (having a couple more yards to go in that Mile)
8) Further hilarity ensues
9) TPF peaces out WAPA and VE and promise to keep the shenanigans to a minimum

Of course, that's just the summary from a sleep-deprived, half-crazed, over-worked TPFer, so it could also be the exact opposite of what happened. Who knows?
[/quote]
It was TPF that promised to "keep the shenanigans to a minimum"

Edited by Burnsey