An Announcement from TPF Regarding Peace

[quote name='Duluoz' date='21 February 2010 - 11:27 PM' timestamp='1266823648' post='2196857']
Congrats to TPF on lasting just over 24 hours against the Viridian war machine before surrendering. That makes you some exceptionally tough individuals :smug:
[/quote]
What can I say, we're not used to war. Too many buttons and such.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Duluoz' date='22 February 2010 - 07:27 AM' timestamp='1266823648' post='2196857']
Congrats to TPF on lasting just over 24 hours against the Viridian war machine before surrendering. That makes you some exceptionally tough individuals :smug:
[/quote]
Tough enough to warrant a 300+ strong sanctioned alliance (plus NV + 1TF) to even up the odds.

[quote name='Traktorfaktori' date='21 February 2010 - 11:40 PM' timestamp='1266824418' post='2196888']
Tough enough to warrant a 300+ strong sanctioned alliance (plus NV + 1TF) to even up the odds.
[/quote]

Always happy to provide TPF with an excuse to surrender.

[quote name='Xiphosis' date='21 February 2010 - 11:44 PM' timestamp='1266824682' post='2196895']
Always happy to provide TPF with an excuse to surrender.
[/quote]
Even with all that Aid from NPO I'd rather have fought GOD, seeing as they were only able to launch 9 offensive wars in the last week against NpO. Maybe they could have done a blitz of 2-3 wars on us. I'm pretty sure that is the worst performance of any alliance in this war on any side.

Edited by mhawk

[quote name='Traktorfaktori' date='22 February 2010 - 02:40 AM' timestamp='1266824418' post='2196888']
[/quote]
I'm sure you certainly had VE's undivided attention and they weren't in like 6 other wars at the same time at all.

[quote name='NoFish' date='21 February 2010 - 11:54 PM' timestamp='1266825253' post='2196916']
I'm sure you certainly had VE's undivided attention and they weren't in like 6 other wars at the same time at all.
[/quote]
VE got off 60 wars against us(which is pretty good in my book), you guys have 9 total offensive wars total, what is your excuse?

[quote name='mhawk' date='21 February 2010 - 11:51 PM' timestamp='1266825071' post='2196908']
Even with all that Aid from NPO I'd rather have fought GOD, seeing as they were only able to launch 9 offensive wars in the last week against NpO. Maybe they could have done a blitz of 2-3 wars on us. I'm pretty sure that is the worst performance of any alliance in this war on any side.
[/quote]

All part of the triple-break off flank attack, rest assured. :smug:

[quote name='Xiphosis' date='21 February 2010 - 11:57 PM' timestamp='1266825455' post='2196922']
All part of the triple-break off flank attack, rest assured. :smug:
[/quote]
Polar is doing the triple break off flank attack. I believe you guys are doing the "sit and let everyone do the work while we get paid" attack.

[quote name='mhawk' date='22 February 2010 - 02:57 AM' timestamp='1266825438' post='2196920']
VE got off 60 wars against us(which is pretty good in my book), you guys have 9 total offensive wars total, what is your excuse?
[/quote]
Funny story about that. Like two weeks ago (I don't know exactly how long ago. I don't remember anything and am going off of IRC logs, more on this later) Xiphosis ordered me to draw up target lists on Polar, issue orders to go to war, that sort of thing. You know, 'cause it's my job. Also since his bank account was frozen [OOC]He's being investigated on charges of domestic terrorism (probably false) and narcotic distribution (probably true)[/OOC] he mailed me some money to pay for the servers our forums are hosted on.

Being the fine upstanding citizen that I am, I realized that the money was probably his ill-gotten profits from his latest coke deal and decided to embezzle it, then go out on the town every night and get completely !@#$faced, usually coming home with one, maybe two or three prostitutes. Needless to say, I forgot all about giving out those war orders.

My bad >.>

Edit: Oh, and if our forums go offline at the end of the month, that's probably my fault, too. Sorry.

Edited by NoFish

[quote name='mhawk' date='22 February 2010 - 08:22 AM' timestamp='1266823340' post='2196838']
I'm kinda curious from a mathematical prospective what is going on behind the scenes when you launch 60 wars on us and only have 23 against Polar... Are you guys still fighting that front?
[/quote]
A wild guess would be that they assumed you guys would cave in first.

[quote name='NoFish' date='22 February 2010 - 12:08 AM' timestamp='1266826084' post='2196952']
Funny story about that. Like two weeks ago (I don't know exactly how long ago. I don't remember anything and am going off of IRC logs, more on this later) Xiphosis ordered me to draw up target lists on Polar, issue orders to go to war, that sort of thing. You know, 'cause it's my job. Also since his bank account was frozen [OOC]He's being investigated on charges of domestic terrorism (probably false) and narcotic distribution (probably true)[/OOC] he mailed me some money to pay for the servers our forums are hosted on.

Being the fine upstanding citizen that I am, I realized that the money was probably his ill-gotten profits from his latest coke deal and decided to embezzle it, then go out on the town every night and get completely !@#$faced, usually coming home with one, maybe two or three prostitutes. Needless to say, I forgot all about giving out those war orders.

My bad >.>

Edit: Oh, and if our forums go offline at the end of the month, that's probably my fault, too. Sorry.
[/quote]
Well then, please carry on insulting the military performance of TPF while you guys negotiate your various issues that prevent the equivalent of more than 3 nations offensively attacking.

Edited by mhawk

[quote name='neneko' date='22 February 2010 - 12:10 AM' timestamp='1266826250' post='2196956']
A wild guess would be that they assumed you guys would cave in first.
[/quote]
A more accurate guess would probably be there was a backroom deal made to stop fighting polar.

Edited by mhawk

[quote name='NoFish' date='22 February 2010 - 02:08 AM' timestamp='1266826084' post='2196952']

My bad >.>

[/quote]

You forgot the part where you went all in on a straight draw :((

Otherwise, it's a fairly accurate summary.

Edited by Big Z

[quote name='mhawk' date='22 February 2010 - 09:15 AM' timestamp='1266826537' post='2196965']
A more accurate guess would probably be there was a backroom deal made to stop fighting polar.
[/quote]
Yes that seems much more likely since GOD and VE isn't close at all and the fact that you dropped out first didn't turn out to be true.

Once again congratulations on your victory tpf

[quote name='mhawk' date='22 February 2010 - 03:12 AM' timestamp='1266826323' post='2196960']
Well then, please carry on insulting the military performance of TPF while you guys negotiate your various issues that prevent the equivalent of more than 3 nations offensively attacking.
[/quote]
Dude. No need to be sarcastic with me. I know I $%&@ed up, okay? My alliance leader who is a [OOC]drug dealer and suspected terrorist[/OOC] wants me [i]dead[/i]. I think I've figured that out already.

[quote name='Big Z' date='22 February 2010 - 03:18 AM' timestamp='1266826712' post='2196967']
You forgot the part where you went all in on a straight draw :((

Otherwise, it's a fairly accurate summary.
[/quote]
It wasn't a "straight" it was a straight flush! You try getting that chance and [i]not[/i] going all in when you get raised to it!

Edited by NoFish

Hey. I just declared on someone today.

Also who're we supposed to be fighting? NSO has been through the meatgrinder and there were never any slots open there to begin with. Polar is so confused about which side they're fighting on, it's started to rub off on us and our real date for valentine's day din't turn up at the fancy restaurant where we booked a table. (IRON :(()

How this thread got to be about us is beyond me though.

[quote name='NoFish' date='22 February 2010 - 03:25 AM' timestamp='1266827103' post='2196975']
Dude. No need to be sarcastic with me. I know I $%&@ed up, okay? My alliance leader who is a [OOC]drug dealer and suspected terrorist[/OOC] wants me [i]dead[/i]. I think I've figured that out already.
[/quote]

If it makes you feel better, Xiph isn't the only one who wants you to try out some new shoes down by the river.

[quote]
It wasn't a "straight" it was a straight flush! You try getting that chance and [i]not[/i] going all in when you get raised to it!
[/quote]

That's about as smart as going for a hard six.

Edited by Aurion

[quote name='totenkopf' date='22 February 2010 - 10:04 AM' timestamp='1266833045' post='2197043']
I think this belongs to the TPF

[img]http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u310/totenkopf18/135097002_39b74071e2A.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

You realise you got your @#$% handed to you, right?

[quote name='totenkopf' date='22 February 2010 - 05:04 AM' timestamp='1266833045' post='2197043']

[img]http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u310/totenkopf18/135097002_39b74071e2A.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Don't tempt me to nuke a WAPA.

Congratulations on peace TPF, TFD salutes you o/

[quote name='totenkopf' date='22 February 2010 - 05:04 AM' timestamp='1266833045' post='2197043']

[/quote]
Yeah, cause that [i]awesome[/i] WAPA war machine is what caused our surrender :rolleyes: I cower in fear before your might :mellow: