Declaration of War

[quote name='Penkala' date='14 February 2010 - 09:43 PM' timestamp='1266201813' post='2181934']
I actually don't expect any assistance. Unfortunately for you, I'm at war with several other (defenseless) nations, so you're just going to have to wait your turn to be nuked. Please submit your application for radiation therapy in triplicate. Your paperwork will be completed as soon as possible.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]So, you want to take on the big bad FAIL all by yourself? A noble gesture fitting for your undeserved ego, sparing your comrades from my nukes. Why, if I didn't know better I'd say you were nailing yourself to a cross. CSN must be proud to have you in their ranks.[/color]

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='14 February 2010 - 06:41 PM' timestamp='1266201711' post='2181929']
[color="#0000FF"]I see you are trying to intimidate me and I see that you are failing miserably. To be completely honest with you, ChairmanHal's lack of approval for my actions bothers me more than your idiotic little threats.[/color]
[/quote]

Uh, I didn't threaten you, but as Penkala has been a member of my alliance and indeed, worked with me in RIA, I can tell you what you're in for :lol1:

Have fun RV, and don`t come to me trying to get him off your leg, this is your problem.

[quote name='Sargun' date='15 February 2010 - 02:44 AM' timestamp='1266201877' post='2181939']
You say as you attempt to get the last word in.
[/quote]

He's everyone's little brother. They think it's adorable, let him have it, they don't take him seriously behind the scenes.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='14 February 2010 - 09:46 PM' timestamp='1266201987' post='2181944']
[color="#0000FF"]So, you want to take on the big bad FAIL all by yourself? A noble gesture fitting for your undeserved ego, sparing your comrades from my nukes. Why, if I didn't know better I'd say you were nailing yourself to a cross. CSN must be proud to have you in their ranks.[/color]
[/quote]

I didn't say I "desired" this - indeed, if I desired this war I would have declared it myself. Rather, I said I am not expecting assistance. Resources are best used otherwise; you are but an unimportant sideshow in this war. That, and I pissed my MoD off by refusing to "sit it out" - twice. Doubt he'll be assigning me any backup :awesome:

[quote]He's everyone's little brother. They think it's adorable, let him have it, they don't take him seriously behind the scenes. [/quote]

"Nobody takes him seriously! Don't listen to him! Everyone hates him! He's just a joke!"

Right. Got it. Anything new to add or may we move on?

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='astronaut jones' date='14 February 2010 - 09:45 PM' timestamp='1266201958' post='2181942']
except I make no claims to my greatness or lack thereof. So, once you take that out, it sounds nothing like me.
[/quote]
The quoted statement made no mention of claims to greatness. Only of being a bother, insignificant, an annoyance and how nobody believe his word. That sure sounds quite like you, sir.

[quote name='astronaut jones' date='14 February 2010 - 09:46 PM' timestamp='1266202012' post='2181947']
He's everyone's little brother. They think it's adorable, let him have it, they don't take him seriously behind the scenes.
[/quote]

I find it funny that instead of letting the other guy prove your point you again strive to have the last word only proving Penkala's point.

[quote name='James Dahl' date='14 February 2010 - 09:46 PM' timestamp='1266202007' post='2181946']
Uh, I didn't threaten you, but as Penkala has been a member of my alliance and indeed, worked with me in RIA, I can tell you what you're in for :lol1:

Have fun RV, and don`t come to me trying to get him off your leg, this is your problem.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]So I might find myself at war? I hate war. And if I am attacked, I might have to make an announcement. I hate attention. Why must this be brought on me?[/color]

[quote name='Bower3aj' date='14 February 2010 - 08:50 PM' timestamp='1266202232' post='2181956']
I find it funny that instead of letting the other guy prove your point you again strive to have the last word only proving Penkala's point.
[/quote]

This thread needs to reach meta status and just implode on itself.

[quote name='Thomas Jackson' date='15 February 2010 - 02:49 AM' timestamp='1266202184' post='2181953']
The quoted statement made no mention of claims to greatness. Only of being a bother, insignificant, an annoyance and how nobody believe his word. That sure sounds quite like you, sir.
[/quote]

It sounds like a lot of people.

You included.

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='14 February 2010 - 09:51 PM' timestamp='1266202315' post='2181961']
I believe we tech raided RV some time ago and he didn't even fight back. Hopefully he's learned where the war screen is.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]No, that would be incorrect. If you had tech raided me I would have known about it, and there would be a FAIL announcement as proof of its occurrence. So what we have here is you making up an incident in which I do something which is completely out of my character (rolling over and dying to a sub-par alliance such as CSN) in order to come to the conclusion that I cannot fight. Nice try, but it is painfully obvious what you're trying to accomplish here.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='14 February 2010 - 09:55 PM' timestamp='1266202543' post='2181972']
[color="#0000FF"]No, that would be incorrect. If you had tech raided me I would have known about it, and there would be a FAIL announcement as proof of its occurrence. So what we have here is you making up an incident in which I do something which is completely out of my character (rolling over and dying to a sub-par alliance such as CSN) in order to come to the conclusion that I cannot fight. Nice try, but it is painfully obvious what you're trying to accomplish here.[/color]
[/quote]

FUN actually, not CSN. It was before the merger. Sorry if my use of "we" was misleading.

I assure you that it did happen though.

[quote name='astronaut jones' date='14 February 2010 - 09:53 PM' timestamp='1266202398' post='2181965']
It sounds like a lot of people.

You included.
[/quote]
The opinion of the OWF as a whole means nothing to me. As far as the big picture goes, yes, I am, and I have never claimed to be important. If my alliance believed me to be irrelevant, then there would be a problem.

Thank you for all but admitting your own irrelevance, however.

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='14 February 2010 - 09:56 PM' timestamp='1266202615' post='2181978']
FUN actually, not CSN. It was before the merger. Sorry if my use of "we" was misleading.

I assure you that it did happen though.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Yes, FUN, I remember that. Back in 2007 when I was quitting. I had sent out my entire war chest, so by the time I was raided I was bill locked. Mind you it was not common practice to keep a large amount of funds on hand, and had my nation been properly prepared for war your alliance would have found itself in a difficult position.[/color]

[quote name='Thomas Jackson' date='15 February 2010 - 02:58 AM' timestamp='1266202711' post='2181981']
The opinion of the OWF as a whole means nothing to me. As far as the big picture goes, yes, I am, and I have never claimed to be important. If my alliance believed me to be irrelevant, then there would be a problem.

Thank you for all but admitting your own irrelevance, however.
[/quote]

You're welcome. I never claimed I was, or wasn't.

[quote name='Gen Lee' date='14 February 2010 - 09:58 PM' timestamp='1266202734' post='2181983']
Add me to the list, I can't wait to nuke this chump I'm at war with that has no way of striking back. If that is wrong...I don't wanna be right.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Unfortunately Penkala is also guilty of the crime of annoying me, and being in a range. When you decide to quit preserving your nation by cowardly hiding behind a large alliance then perhaps justice shall rain deserved destruction upon you.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='14 February 2010 - 10:07 PM' timestamp='1266203264' post='2182001']
[color="#0000FF"]Unfortunately Penkala is also guilty of the crime of annoying me, and being in a range. When you decide to quit preserving your nation by cowardly hiding behind a large alliance then perhaps justice shall rain deserved destruction upon you.[/color]
[/quote]

I'm 'hiding behind a large alliance' just as much as he is, so you can't use that as a reason you're not attacking. Do something about it, you coward.

[quote name='Penkala' date='14 February 2010 - 10:13 PM' timestamp='1266203634' post='2182013']
I'm 'hiding behind a large alliance' just as much as he is, so you can't use that as a reason you're not attacking. Do something about it, you coward.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Unfortunately for him it is not so easy for me to buy infra as it is for him to shed it. So until I can find a way to attack a much larger nation then I'm afraid his out of luck. Which only brings us to the matter of how completely and utterly ridiculous it is to try and bait a small nation to attack a large one when it is impossible. It is almost as if he is simply trying to sound tough. Oh, how some things never change.[/color]