Who is taking the biggest beating in this war?

Kijuna69

1,017 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='TECUMSEH' date='11 February 2010 - 10:31 PM' timestamp='1265927470' post='2175679']
I know I shouldn't comment and probably let sleeping dogs lie, but, I can't.

It's very difficult for me to disagree with the sentiments expressed by BOTH Bud and PhysicsJunky. It's a miserable position. First, it's not as if UPN hasn't rode off into a losing proposition before. UPN fought against Karma when it was clear that was a losing proposition. UPN was also engaged with RnR in this monstrosity of a war and prepared for the obvious SF counterattack.

Second, our MDoAP allies were aggressively attacked. Then, almost immediately, a member of CDT was also hitting an MDoAP ally by honoring its treaty. Within 24 hours, more or less, ODN had been aggressively attacked and FEAR was hitting CnG, including ODN.

Third, now there has emerged a "purple curbstomp", as it's been referred to by the Stickmen, and I believe every other member of CDT is now engaged in the war. I'm not even quite sure what front that is -- it seems mostly separate from the CnG-TOP/IRON front and it is of significant consequence to UPN.

That's where UPN is. UPN can honor all treaties and more or less "Go Polar" -- which, of course, has been ridiculed. UPN can choose one side over the other with obvious ramifications. Or UPN can remain neutral and, well, get criticized -- and frankly, I find it hard to take much offense at anything Bud is saying.
[/quote]

You are in a no-win situation and doing a 'bi-polar' is certainly not an effective way forward.

We have seen how you are helping your allies behind the scenes and we are grateful for your help.

In regards to Orange Unity, which i spent a decent portions of my 2009 summer trying to solidify, I'd have to say IRON, TORN, R&R, TOP and FOK were major players trying to get things done. Unfortunately, I also think FOK was more concerned with LEO than OUT, but so be it. ODN mostly played lip service to it all, and Vanguard was nearly outright hostile to it all, if I remember correctly. Unfortunately, my AA at the time precluded me from working with FOK effectively, since a person in TORN utterly wrecked our FOK relations and then jumped ship, but I would have liked it if I had been able to work with them in retrospect. We (the Citrus Councilors) worked hard to get FnKa and tR into OUT and revitilize it.

It was a noble goal, but those with ulterior motives at heart wrecked it, IMO.

As for who got hit hardest, I'd have to say TORN did.

Edited by NeCoHo

[quote name='NeCoHo' date='15 February 2010 - 08:06 AM' timestamp='1266239212' post='2182842']
In regards to Orange Unity [snip] ODN mostly played lip service to it all...It was a noble goal, but those with ulterior motives at heart wrecked it, IMO.
[/quote]

Yet ODN -- the alliance which broke ground with the 'ulterior motive' of truly trying to bring Orange together -- created OUT as well, even going so far as to develop a unilateral defense treaty of the entire sphere at one point. A noble effort, no? A big reason for the withdrawal of ODN, and I suspect the other Orange alliances, was because OUT had been eventually perceived as nothing [u]but[/u] lip service, as it became clear as time passed that the collective community of Orange alliances had no interest in joining forces politically (indeed, LEO is a snapshot of what OUT could have potentially become). Having said this, I do respect the efforts of those Citrus Councilors who continued trying to make this institution succeed, as well as the leadership of all Orange alliances involved in this war to ensure that the established trading environment is largely unaffected during the current conflict.

As far as who's taking the biggest beating, I voted for IRON. They're at war with a lot of alliances though, and it is nice to see a majority of them being quite civil throughout this whole ordeal.

[quote name='Kryievla' date='10 February 2010 - 04:35 PM' timestamp='1265819759' post='2172720']
Why would you say Valhalla?
[/quote]

You know I'm going to go out on a limb here, but I'd like to say purple has taking the biggest beating. Yes PURPLE HAS TAKING A HUGE beating! Also don't forget to say hello on your way down Kryievla! I'll make sure to get a hold of you after this war. If you know what I'm referring to, so please don't blow your warchest.

I never said it was ODN who had the ulterior motives. You selectively quote me to make it seem as if I'm trying to dog ODN, like you want to play the victim or something in all this. You read too deep into my words, and take offense to them too easily, like you're guilty or something.

Edited by NeCoHo

[quote name='NeCoHo' date='15 February 2010 - 09:41 AM' timestamp='1266244871' post='2182935']
I never said it was ODN who had the ulterior motives. You selectively quote me to make it seem as if I'm trying to dog ODN, like you want to play the victim or something in all this. You read too deep into my words, and take offense to them too easily, like you're guilty or something.
[/quote]

No offense taken at all, my friend, and I strongly doubt the ODN is feeling victimized in the least. Just pre-emptively addressing it, in the event that other, less-informed individuals might feel the need to jump to conclusions. Thank you for your reply.

Also, so many alliances taking beatings in this war!

[quote name='Tick1' date='15 February 2010 - 07:31 AM' timestamp='1266244305' post='2182921']
You know I'm going to go out on a limb here, but I'd like to say purple has taking the biggest beating. Yes PURPLE HAS TAKING A HUGE beating! Also don't forget to say hello on your way down Kryievla! I'll make sure to get a hold of you after this war. If you know what I'm referring to, so please don't blow your warchest.
[/quote]

lol, it's a date :P I should be down there soon, though it might be quicker if you sent a couple folks my way, hmm?

[url=http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=50702]Volsunga[/url]

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' date='14 February 2010 - 01:04 PM' timestamp='1266170691' post='2180922']
I haven't looked at every alliance fighting in this war -- mostly because I really don't know who all the combatants are -- but Invicta and Valhalla have each lost about 50% of their NS. I don't if any alliance has taken that much of a hit.
[/quote]
tiz true but weve taken many with us

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' date='14 February 2010 - 01:04 PM' timestamp='1266170691' post='2180922']
I haven't looked at every alliance fighting in this war -- mostly because I really don't know who all the combatants are -- but Invicta and Valhalla have each lost about 50% of their NS. I don't if any alliance has taken that much of a hit.
[/quote]
TOP is almost there. :)

[quote name='Saber' date='17 February 2010 - 02:06 AM' timestamp='1266368760' post='2186595']
MK also lost 42% of it's NS.
[/quote]

Let's give TOP and their bootlickers their due.

*golf claps*

In all seriousness, I think the only alliance that is actually taking a beating on our front is IRON. It's no secret that nuclear war is incredibly destructive for both sides and at the end of the day, they're both in ruins - but IRON is literally getting ground into dust without returning a lot of damage.

edit: thanks James!

Edited by lebubu

[quote name='lebubu' date='17 February 2010 - 04:37 AM' timestamp='1266406656' post='2187424']
Let's give TOP and their bootlickers their due.

*golf claps*
[/quote]

Oooo bootlickers.

Thought occurs to me.

C&G has, what, five alliances attacking them? TOP has, what, 20? :smug:

[quote name='Nizzle' date='17 February 2010 - 03:49 AM' timestamp='1266407371' post='2187427']
Oooo bootlickers.

Thought occurs to me.

[/quote]
Everyone has their bootlickers, maybe excepting GGA.

[quote name='Nizzle' date='17 February 2010 - 12:49 PM' timestamp='1266407371' post='2187427']
Oooo bootlickers.

Thought occurs to me.

[/quote]

There are only so many slots that can be filled in a 200 man alliance. The NS drop would've been the same, even if they had 100 alliances on them. I know you just want to be snarky but please.

e: spelling

Edited by lebubu

[quote name='lebubu' date='17 February 2010 - 01:09 PM' timestamp='1266408555' post='2187442']
There are only so many slots that can be filled in a 200 man alliance. The NS drop would've been the same, even if they had 100 alliances on them. I know you just want to be snarky but please.

e: spelling
[/quote]
Yours on the other hand...

[quote name='Nizzle' date='17 February 2010 - 05:49 AM' timestamp='1266407371' post='2187427']
[/quote]
Twenty one alliances, sir. I keep saying this because I don't want people's contributions in taking down the Giant to go unnoticed and unappreciated.

[quote name='Fulgrim' date='17 February 2010 - 11:59 AM' timestamp='1266407987' post='2187433']
I would add Sparta to that list.
[/quote]
If by not having bootlickers, you mean not treating allies like they should be licking our boots, then yes we have that in common with GGA. Having bootlickers is not a good thing, nor something you should be proud of.