A new way to look at this war

Shadow Khan

Some people have been questioning the motives behind various players in this latest conflict. Some think it was a preemptive strike on the part of TOP and co. Others see it as a grave miscalculation on how the NpO vs\m/ war would play out.

I was reading a post in the TOP DOW thread when it hit me.

This is the largest and most coordinated rogue attack in CN history.

Think about it. Many members of TOP have been boasting about their warchests and how they can keep this up for months. References have been made to TOPggedon and other such ideas. We've heard about how they plan to go down swinging, etc.

Instead of a war with political goals behind it, we're seeing MOTU's recent going rogue on a much larger scale.

rogue or not, TOPs gunna bring some pain

This man is a scholar amongst men, I assure you.

Even though I believe TOP's declaration was incredibly careless and stupid, they will still pack a major punch to whomever trifle with them. No one should even count TOP out at all, nor should they count them out when the war seems to be coming to a close (whenever that should be). People are getting hurt, and TOP is that huge kid that people keep hitting, but he shrugs it off and slams two kids into each other.

There's no need to refer to Citadel. Lol. The details don't really matter at this point. The thing that does matter is we shall fight. C&G(who i can respect) and the lame toadies(who I don't respect) they bring along will fight as well. But they fight due to numerical advantage; we fight due to courage, honour, brevity. Have a good war gentlemen.

Edited by DogeWilliam

There's no need to refer to Citadel. Lol. The details don't really matter at this point. The thing that does matter is we shall fight. C&G(who i can respect) and the lame toadies(who I don't respect) they bring along will fight as well. But they fight due to numerical advantage; we fight due to courage, honour, brevity. Have a good war gentlemen.

Uh, actually they fight because you attacked them.

Some people have been questioning the motives behind various players in this latest conflict. Some think it was a preemptive strike on the part of TOP and co. Others see it as a grave miscalculation on how the NpO vs\m/ war would play out.

I was reading a post in the TOP DOW thread when it hit me.

This is the largest and most coordinated rogue attack in CN history.

Think about it. Many members of TOP have been boasting about their warchests and how they can keep this up for months. References have been made to TOPggedon and other such ideas. We've heard about how they plan to go down swinging, etc.

Instead of a war with political goals behind it, we're seeing MOTU's recent going rogue on a much larger scale.

I'm down for that.

[quote name='Starcraftmazter' date='30 January 2010 - 06:57 PM' timestamp='1264899442' post='2146004']
In my opinion TOP and it's equally upper tier allies will bring significant pain on many of the key alliances part of the ex-Karma coalition, to pave way for NPO and other allies to take over the new world :awesome:
[/quote]
Pretty much.

It's better to go out in nukes than wither from inactivity. <_<

I plan on sticking around though. This warchest was built for rebuilding.

[quote name='Godwin' date='30 January 2010 - 11:22 PM' timestamp='1264918965' post='2146929']
Most intelligent post related to this war I have ever seen.
[/quote]

I'm going to agree with you, but because I really want to unleash my awesome logic upon him as well.....

[quote name='DogeWilliam' date='29 January 2010 - 05:25 PM' timestamp='1264811122' post='2142775']
There's no need to refer to Citadel. Lol.[/quote]

Why not? A lot of people see TOP, they think of groups TOP is in, including Citadel, which is considered a high treaty as well (MDP or above).

[quote]The details don't really matter at this point.[/quote]

Details matter in politics. NPO attacking before releasing a DoW by a significant amount of time? Yeah, that was noticed. ODN's ability to stay out of war? Yeah, that was noticed, and they've been getting a bad rep for it for years. Etc etc.

[quote]The thing that does matter is we shall fight.[/quote]

Considering you declared pre-emptively, I really hope you will. To do otherwise would be utterly retarded since... you know... you STARTED the war. Just saying.

[quote]C&G(who i can respect) and the lame toadies(who I don't respect) they bring along will fight as well.[/quote]

Again, I sincerely hope they will, considering their track record (of actually fighting).

[quote]But they fight due to numerical advantage;[/quote]

Repeating the other post on this: No, they fight because you attacked them. Just saying. You started the war with a disadvantage. Are they going to use it to their advantage? Dur, of course they are.

[quote]we fight due to courage, honour, brevity.[/quote]

I'm going to have to say that preemptive strikes have almost always been considered cowardly. Was it preemptive? Yeah. No matter how you spin it, you jumped into the war before they did anything to your side. Could there have been reasonable evidence to say they were going to jump in? Sure, and attacking them first is a good strategy, however, it's still a preemptive strike, which, have typically been considered cowardly, dishonorable, etc.

Also, just one last note, I don't think [b]brevity[/b] means what you think it means. Brevity: "the use of brief expressions; the attribute of being brief or fleeting."

[quote]Have a good war gentlemen.[/quote]

You too.