\m/, I just want to help

Alterego

Not sure I get the reference.

although obvious to most, I'll remove the shroud for you, since there seems to be an opaque quality your 'eyes' fail to 'see through'.

I can't heal lost limbs, no matter how badly I want to. There, I said it.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My alliance does not raid - period (not if the members are following the rules, anyway - people screw up now and then...annoying). I don't care if the target is in a 700 alliance or is non-aligned. War in self-defense or defense of allies only. Point is - don't assume that everyone arguing here is being hypocritical.

Exactly as I said - "Either you raid or you don't raid." I'm not saying that everyone in the thread is hypocritical, just pointing out that many people against raiding are in alliances that raid or have allies that raid. Just a suggestion that they should make some changes at their own home base before trying to tell others what to do and what not to do. As for you, it's good that you stick by the black and white that raiding is and have decided not to raid at all. *Claps*

Sorry, the "none" is weak in you, besides he is the first one to claim to be actually trying to setup another "none" protection plan.

:blink:

Ahhh, so that's it. Well, Darth Merrie Melodies, I guess in order to avoid the risk of being tempted by the power of the dark side, I'll have to work on that. Now then, how to enhance further my inner none??? ^_^

Edited by White Chocolate

I actually can't believe you posted this reply in a thread about how nations which had "found an affiliation to join/hide behind" got raided.

Like I said we can all usually get what we want. There are sharks in the waters of cn, and if blood gets in the water expect some frenzy. If anything this should illustrate how important good ties are for alliances, and that what is posted on the forms gets reactions.

although obvious to most, I'll remove the shroud for you, since there seems to be an opaque quality your 'eyes' fail to 'see through'.

I can't heal lost limbs, no matter how badly I want to. There, I said it.

No I mean the reference to Tron.

No I mean the reference to Tron.

Insignificant single entity versus an entire world against him in support of an ideal. A perfect match, if I do say so myself. You good at throwing a frisbee?

Insignificant single entity versus an entire world against him in support of an ideal. A perfect match, if I do say so myself. You good at throwing a frisbee?

I'm not sure if the entire world is against me. I've actually found quite a few people who agree with my ideals. Just look at this thread. You find many people arguing against your actions.

I'm not sure if the entire world is against me. I've actually found quite a few people who agree with my ideals. Just look at this thread. You find many people arguing against your actions.

You can't throw a frisbee worth a damn, can you. :o

That's alright, the thread reads like a story...people had concerns addressed and then moved on. You have to actually read it to grasp what was said, however.

This world has too few freedoms. I'm tired of the moralist outcry at any action, especially when these people have a dirty history themselves.

If you wannabe world police have a problem, come and get us. Acta non verba.

Yes, we must celebrate the freedom of attacking 30 and 40 member alliances, but only when we have the allied power to do so.

Might makes right, it sounds so much sweeter when it drips from your lips.

:(

As for you, it's good that you stick by the black and white that raiding is and have decided not to raid at all. *Claps*

Is that honest praise or are you poking fun at my expense? (normally I wouldn't ask - but this is OWF and I'm not a total noob ;))

Yes, we must celebrate the freedom of attacking 30 and 40 member alliances, but only when we have the allied power to do so.

Precisely. We shall be rewarded for obtaining our 'might'. Imagine that.

I'm sure \m/, GOONS, or PC could handle this alone, so the point about allied power is worthless.

I'm just a freedom advocate.

Then why didn't they?

This new freedom you claim is that of a tyrant, nothing more.

Thanks for reminding me to eat steak tonight.

The nation of Merrie Melodies had never tech raided until this evening, I want to thank you moralists for making the path so clear to me, I shall for ever dine on steak!

Many of your soldiers lives were lost in this battle, even more than your enemy, but at the end of the battle your army was victorious. In your victory your forces captured 5.303 miles of land from Kevinstown. They also destroyed 21.300 infrastructure within Kevinstown. They also stole 5.325 technology from Kevinstown. The value of your equipment abandoned in the battle was $0.00. Your forces looted $1,000,000.00 from the nation of Kevinstown.

Edited by Merrie Melodies

Then why didn't they?

This new freedom you claim is that of a tyrant, nothing more.

I'm not involved in the raid, I don't know.

We're not PZI'ing anyone, or putting a viceroy in place, we're taking some tech in a short battle. I don't see the problem here.

It's simple \m/ (and co). There are a decent amount of people who dislike techraiding but not enough to stop the practice. You take the practice to its logical conclusion and then a lot more people will be willing to start thinking about doing something about it. Why? Because the casual tech raiders who quietly allow their alliance to tech raid but maybe don't themselves would like to distinguish themselves from you. The best way to look "not as bad" as you? Help beat the living daylights out of you. Does that make them hypocrites? Maybe. But tough noogies because when you live by the sword you die by the sword - or might makes right, if you will.

I don't even know what the hell you're talking about, but what I did get out of this was "tech raiding is bad unless let's it kept quiet otherwise the world has a right to roll you." So, BAPS needs to be rolled then? Is that what you're saying? Because they're the ones drawing attention to a tech raid that like so many others would have faded away into obscurity.

Liquid, The problem here is that EM didn't express the actions very well, this action was indeed discussed by the Tri and the decision to allow this was made.

No the problem here is that I nor anyone of us are obligated to express anything to anyone about anything we do.

It's lovely to see that after leaving for almost a year, it's still the same people rehashing the same old arguments regarding tech raiding. Good to see that for so long, none of you have found either the courage or the ability to affect change in this realm that you so deeply care about.

Why bother posting? Chastising the "offenders" on the OWF has not worked in the past, why do you think it will work in the present?

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

So true.

I don't think I've ever seen a need for people not in an alliance to care about that alliances' charter. Whatever floats your boat.

Absolutely. It's our charter, not anyone else's.

Then you can understand my personal responses to it. Had he expressed his actions properly the first go-around then it would not appear to be back-tracking and I'd likely of stayed out of this thread. I still don't agree with what you all are doing, as I'm a firm believer of sticking to raiding none or 1-man alliances (definitely no legit alliances).

Well here's the thing, LM. I'm not held by any obligation or rule to explain anything to you at all. You're not my superior, you're not in my alliance or an ally. I owe you nothing and you owe me nothing. The day I'm required to explain myself to TOP is the day I leave this world.

Your opinion is wrong.

LOL now this is just rich! Opinions are wrong guys, unless they're the same as Bob Janova's! Good to know. Please move along.

They e-lawyering in this thread is amazing

Unless someone form \m/ complains about the charter been broken then it dosent really matter it their alliance to be run how they want. No one outside of \m/ has the right to attack their internal rules and such. It dosent matter if the charter is broken if \m/ dont care

Word.

It's ironic you should say that, because it's only your treaties that prevent a few well-organised people destroying you.

Edit: Hi Salithus. Outrage, outrage, moralism. If you don't want moral outrage, don't commit morally outrageous acts.

Then perhaps you shouldn't try to tell me and everyone else how to run their alliances according to what you personally think is right or acceptable. You come off like a major tool with some flawed illusion that what you say has any effect on people. Our business is not yours, regardless of whatever philosophy you follow. But I guess if you like \m/ can start following you around and crying foul every time you do something we don't like, which to be honest would be so often I don't think we could possibly keep track of all the stupid things you've done and will do.

Another post because it couldn't fit;

Then people need to stop giving them free passes before I get my !@#$ together. I'm not as young as I used to be and I ain't no Electron Sponge. There is precedent for alliances like \m/ and GOONS to pull these stunts and get away with it unscathed because the rest of the world is afraid to hold them to any sort of standard. Well, to hell with that. Three eternal tech farms sounds nice to me.

Some of us were under the impression that we fought for a year straight to stop attempted curbstomps of alliances just because they didn't have treaties.

Perhaps you should rejoin the NPO and make it happen. But being the kind of snake tongued traitor you are I guess I can't see that happening, so until you can practice what your preach you're just blowing smoke. We run our alliance how we wish, just like you run your 50th Star Wars remake how you like. Don't be a hypocrite. Would you really want us on your back if you even remotely did something that could be interpreted as going against your charter? No. You'd tell me and my cronies to screw off. I'm loving the hypocrisy but really man, you and everyone else need a new approach to this.

You know what amuses me the most? When someone who is raided is seen as completely and utterly helpless and alone. Poison Clan has stood by its charter in that we will not raid an alliance that has any treaty, even if it is as simple as a Treaty of Friendship. Keep a tie to some alliance outside of your own, and we will respectfully walk on by. Is it not the alliance leader's responsibility to ensure the safety of his alliance mates? Its obvious that FoA has been around for quite some time. The leader of FoA obviously knows the perils that abound for an unaligned alliance. Where is the criticism guided in his direction?

I also chuckle when alliances who raid but have arbitrary alliance size limits on what is considered unaligned walk in feeling morally superior. How can you possibly attempt to differentiate raiding between alliances of one, ten, fifty, or two hundred members? Either you raid or you don't raid. Hell, it's even worse if you raid someone with an alliance of None - they don't have any form of diplomatic power, anyone to defend them or aid to recover from alliance mates. Yet so many of you here raid nations on None without thinking twice. Where are the reps sent to them?

We fully expect that there is the possibility of our raid targets fighting back. Our rules are simple. Nothing but ground attacks and peace. If the opponent sends cruise missiles or aircraft attacks, send peace - no attacks besides ground attacks. When a nuke is thrown, we fight until the war ends and put them on our Do Not Raid list.

For those of you that really care for FoA, I'm awaiting to see treaties written and aid sent to help them rebuild. Until then, your words mean nothing.

I agree. But don't expect this to be taken in, it's just falling on deaf ears. Much like how their attempts to convince us we did something wrong according to our own rules is. Circles, circles circles. We just keep going around this merry-go-round.

FoA was attacked soon after Sparta canceled on them. They probably didn't have the time to get a new protectorate before they were raided.

Now don't be ridiculous. FoA was informed beforehand they were being dropped, you can't tell me they couldn't have sought out protectors prior to the grace period expiring. Come on, now.

Welp, nearly 30 pages of going around in circles "Ur teh immoral and ebil!" and yet the only people who think enough of FOA are TJO to send some aid. Well Hal, BobJ, kulomascovia..wheres YOUR rebuilding aid at? Surely if you are THIS outraged then you can help these guys rebuild

FFFFffffff! Really people, you put me in a position where I agree with wickedj. Think of the children.

FFFFffffff! Really people, you put me in a position where I agree with wickedj. Think of the children.

over 500 posts, nearly 30 pages and as i type this 30 people viewing this thread. if HALF of these people crying about \m/ and PC's actions sent 3 million to FOA they would not only be rebuilt in no time they would be better off than before the raids happened

foa.png

Atleast Doitzel organized some aid for them

over 500 posts, nearly 30 pages and as i type this 30 people viewing this thread. if HALF of these people crying about \m/ and PC's actions sent 3 million to FOA they would not only be rebuilt in no time they would be better off than before the raids happened

Now now most people here dont care about FOA they just want to take a shot at \m/ GOONS and PC

Also fair play to TJO

-aid pic-

Good for the Jedis.

If you think pointing to humanitarian aid from an uninvolved alliance will shift the blame from PC \m/ and the goons, you are just as misguided as you were during the KoN incident.

Do you really think you can guilt us into thinking we are responsible for repairing damages we did not cause?

I am shocked

\M/ and GOONs (PC are just worthless so i wont count them) are know for tech raiding alliances and forcing small alliances to do what they want, this is there history, anyone remeber Shark week?

What I am shocked about is that most people in this topic, was involed in the unjust war, you must have know the second \M/ and GONNs reformed no matter what they tell you they was going to act in the same way they always do, dirty and low, with out the balls to take on someone there size.

Now now most people here dont care about FOA they just want to take a shot at \m/ GOONS and PC

Also fair play to TJO

Thanks, Ric :P Its blatently obvious, hell, vast majority of both people mad at Athens/FOB *AND* GOONS/PC/\m/ for tech raiding have yet to send a single cent or offer a treaty to those who got raided

Good for the Jedis.

If you think pointing to humanitarian aid from an uninvolved alliance will shift the blame from PC \m/ and the goons, you are just as misguided as you were during the KoN incident.

Do you really think you can guilt us into thinking we are responsible for repairing damages we did not cause?

You are waving around a big stick claiming these people are horrible evil and immoral for their actions(off topic: These are compliments to \m/ i think). You and many others say something should be done, well we all know you arent going to declare war for this so how about you send some aid, afterall theres a thread around here thats discussing how little 3 million really is to a average sized nation

Edited by wickedj

\M/ and GOONs (PC are just worthless so i wont count them) are know for tech raiding alliances and forcing small alliances to do what they want,

Please state specific things \m/ forced small alliances to do. Additionally, please state a definitive, quantifiable number for "small."

Because I think you're lying through your teeth and trying to pretend it's well-written rhetoric.