\m/, I just want to help

Alterego

Maybe you should reread the cancellation thread: Here.

There was a 72 hour cancellation period, which is more than enough time to find a protector. Hell, I've given protectorates in less than a half hour.

Nice try though.

They also had 72 hours to get their butts into peace mode.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe you should reread the cancellation thread: Here.

There was a 72 hour cancellation period, which is more than enough time to find a protector. Hell, I've given protectorates in less than a half hour.

Nice try though.

Perhaps they wanted to get a protectorate with someone whom they trust? I would think that protectorates are serious pieces of legislation that require more time than half an hour.

Perhaps they wanted to get a protectorate with someone whom they trust? I would think that protectorates are serious pieces of legislation that require more time than half an hour.

Yes it is serious, if they would have gotten a protectorate during that 72 hours or at least went into Peace Mode we wouldn't have been forced to raid them.

you should go back and read what the world had to say about the original Moldavi Doctrine when NPO was forced to dismantle it, you position isn't a popular one.

BTW Walford tried what you want to do when he was MoD at GATO.

I don't care if it is not popular.

Also, NPO wouldn't have been forced to dismantle the Moldavi Doctrine if it hadn't committed other actions that were considered unfair. The basic premise of the Moldavi Doctrine is that NPO is the only sovereign alliance on Red and that is should have full control over the affairs of the Red sphere. I'm not arguing for full control of none. I'm arguing for individual protection for peaceful nations that agree to being protected.

Stop making excuses. 72 hours was good enough time for them to find someone they trusted. And like MM said they had enough time to get into peace mode.

....or perhaps they thought they'd slide through the cracks. Imagine that...speculation. Whatever we that opine about the reasons think, it doesn't really matter. They left themselves open for raiding, and we jumped. We being SEVERAL alliances, so it's not like it was a fluke failure..it was as pure a failure as one could have hoped for. They've righted themselves in finding a decent protectorate, however, so this conversation continues to be irrelevant.

There is nothing left for you to see, all you got left is empty rhetoric.

Save perhaps one last remark from me.

Believe or not, I want you guys to be successful. What I don't want is to see you guys get run because you finally feed the haters of the old \m/ with enough rope to hang you. If I have expressed reservations about what happened, it was on that basis.

Stop making excuses. 72 hours was good enough time for them to find someone they trusted. And like MM said they had enough time to get into peace mode.

You know what, I don't like this line of argumentation. As you may have noticed from my posts before, I don't believe they should be forced to get into peace mode in the first place. They shouldn't have to be scared of being unaligned.

Believe or not, I want you guys to be successful. What I don't want is to see you guys get run because you finally feed the haters of the old \m/ with enough rope to hang you. If I have expressed reservations about what happened, it was on that basis.

quoting because everything has finally become clear to me in the case of Chairmanhal. :mellow:

FoA was attacked soon after Sparta canceled on them. They probably didn't have the time to get a new protectorate before they were raided.

You seriously going to use that argument, omg it takes about 10 minutes to get a temp protectorate until you can get something more permanent...

Try again.

HAL, you know where our crib is, why don't we ever see you around?

A real protectorate, a full defense treaty, a treaty of friendship, peace mode, a temporary protectorate... and I'm sure there are more. FoA and their leader have been around long enough to know the ways of the world. There was a clear case of negligence by FoA, but I am glad that Derwood and The Corporation were able to work together quickly after the raid and protect them from any further raids. As always, they have been placed permanently on our Do Not Raid list.

When you know people are looking for unaligned nations to raid wouldn't you think it's not too smart to be flying that aa? The easy solutions are to find an affiliation to join/hide behind, or head to peace mode. Problem solved for them.

I actually can't believe you posted this reply in a thread about how nations which had "found an affiliation to join/hide behind" got raided.

I also chuckle when alliances who raid but have arbitrary alliance size limits on what is considered unaligned walk in feeling morally superior. How can you possibly attempt to differentiate raiding between alliances of one, ten, fifty, or two hundred members? Either you raid or you don't raid. Hell, it's even worse if you raid someone with an alliance of None - they don't have any form of diplomatic power, anyone to defend them or aid to recover from alliance mates. Yet so many of you here raid nations on None without thinking twice. Where are the reps sent to them?

My alliance does not raid - period (not if the members are following the rules, anyway - people screw up now and then...annoying). I don't care if the target is in a 700 alliance or is non-aligned. War in self-defense or defense of allies only. Point is - don't assume that everyone arguing here is being hypocritical.

You know what, I don't like this line of argumentation. As you may have noticed from my posts before, I don't believe they should be forced to get into peace mode in the first place. They shouldn't have to be scared of being unaligned.

Well that's you. Not the rest of planet bob and we will keep rollin up on people in none till someone wants to do something about it. If your soooooo into protecting the nations in none then go protect all 4,185 of them.

Well that's you. Not the rest of planet bob and we will keep rollin up on people in none till someone wants to do something about it. If your soooooo into protecting the nations in none then go protect all 4,185 of them.

I don't understand why you insist on attacking nations that have done no harm to you. I would protect all 4185 nations on none if I had the power to do so.

I don't understand why you insist on attacking nations that have done no harm to you. I would protect all 4185 nations on none if I had the power to do so.

Why not? This game gets boring without war what are we going to do the whole time just watch our nations grow? Boring. They are making the choose to go under none and put there nation up to be tech raided.

Welp, nearly 30 pages of going around in circles "Ur teh immoral and ebil!" and yet the only people who think enough of FOA are TJO to send some aid. Well Hal, BobJ, kulomascovia..wheres YOUR rebuilding aid at? Surely if you are THIS outraged then you can help these guys rebuild

E: It took three tries but dammit if i didnt finally get the stupid bbcode right

Edited by wickedj

I don't understand why you insist on attacking nations that have done no harm to you.

Yes you do, you just don't agree with it.

I would protect all 4185 nations on none if I had the power to do so.

Wow, you're like Tron or something. I would regrow amputated limbs if I had the power to. To each their own, I guess.

Why not? Planet Bob gets boring without war what are we going to do the whole time just watch our nations grow? Boring. They are making the choose to go under none and put there nation up to be tech raided.

What is so wrong with peace and growth? Why should a nation be forced to not be independent?

[ooc]: Again, IC forum. <_<

Welp, nearly 30 pages of going around in circles "Ur teh immoral and ebil!" and yet the only people who think enough of FOA are [url-http://www.cybernations.net/search_aid.asp?searchstring=Declaring_Alliance%2CReceiving_Alliance&search=FOA&anyallexact=exact]TJO[/url] to send some aid. Well Hal, BobJ, kulomascovia..wheres YOUR rebuilding aid at? Surely if you are THIS outraged then you can help these guys rebuild

I fully intend to send aid once I actually have 3 mil. Currently, I have $179,578.41 and I would be wasting an aid slot if I sent anything less than 3 mil.

Yes you do, you just don't agree with it.

Yes I don't agree with it and I don't understand why some people find it necessary to attack nations that have done nothing wrong.

Wow, you're like Tron or something. I would regrow amputated limbs if I had the power to. To each their own, I guess.

Not sure I get the reference.

Edited by kulomascovia