\m/, I just want to help

Alterego

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then why are you not in a constant state of war with larger alliances? I'm sure that will bring you all the destruction for which you wish.

If it is not the most efficient way then why do you use it? Would you run a mile if you could fly?

And why is that?

Let me ask you a question, Have you read this thread? If so how the hell did you miss all my references to it needing to be profitable?

Look at the world around you. Creation and destruction are the constants of existence. New life comes into play, and it ends just as quickly in many ways. We are merely continuing the cycle since it provides wonderful enjoyment.

Creation and destruction may be the constants of existence but I don't believe there is a law that compels us to perpetuate these constants. For example, \m/ could have easily not attacked FoA. There is nothing that forces alliances to destroy other alliances. If we wanted, we could all leave each other alone.

Creation and destruction may be the constants of existence but I don't believe there is a law that compels us to perpetuate these constants. For example, \m/ could have easily not attacked FoA. There is nothing that forces alliances to destroy other alliances. If we wanted, we could all leave each other alone.

No No No No, \m/ really had no choice but to attack!

Let me ask you a question, Have you read this thread? If so how the hell did you miss all my references to it needing to be profitable?

Oh yes, I have actually read a sizable portion of this thread but I was basing my response on your answer to my question.

So, if I am correct, you raid because it brings profitable destruction?

No No No No, \m/ really had no choice but to attack!

Why?

Also, Atanatar, I want to bring back my previous point; FoA wouldn't have gotten a protectorate if they hadn't known the consequences of being unaligned. So, what lesson would you be teaching them? They already know what you supposedly want to teach.

If we wanted to, but we don't. Peace and so one are lovely concepts, but they only work so long as everyone agrees to them. Given our species tendencies in terms of agreements I'd say fat chance on that. Also it's fun so that guarantees it being done.

Why?

Also, Atanatar, I want to bring back my previous point; FoA wouldn't have gotten a protectorate if they hadn't known the consequences of being unaligned. So, what lesson would you be teaching them? They already know what you supposedly want to teach.

Not trying to teach them anything, just trying to take their assets and poop in their yard.

profitable to us, destructive to them.

Well then that is simply cowardly; to prey on the weak when there is no need to do so is indeed an act of a coward.

If we wanted to, but we don't. Peace and so one are lovely concepts, but they only work so long as everyone agrees to them. Given our species tendencies in terms of agreements I'd say fat chance on that. Also it's fun so that guarantees it being done.

You guys could be role models and start leaving everyone alone. From the reaction I've seen here, a lot of people want peace on Bob. I'm sure you won't have any trouble getting them to agree on peace. Don't be so cynical on something you haven't tried. If you really do think that peace is a lovely concept, then at least stop perpetuating violence.

Don't announce treaty cancellations if it's the only one you have.

I believe Sparta announced the cancellations.

Not trying to teach them anything, just trying to take their assets and poop in their yard.

Your colleague seems to disagree.

You guys could be role models and start leaving everyone alone. From the reaction I've seen here, a lot of people want peace on Bob. I'm sure you won't have any trouble getting them to agree on peace. Don't be so cynical on something you haven't tried. If you really do think that peace is a lovely concept, then at least stop perpetuating violence.

No one wants peace except for you.

Tensions are what makes the Cyberverse go around, and your annoying hippy attitude won't change that. Please, join a neutral alliance so you never have any treaties you have to honor, because I can't see you not trying to worm a way out of war.

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

Your colleague seems to disagree.

The more lessons the better. Knowledge is power after all.

I have tried peace early on, hell when they were new I campaigned against using nukes, and even took some for people. Then I tried raiding, and it was like I was eating steak every day except now I was having fillet mignon. Give it a try if you haven't, enjoy the destruction you can sow, and who knows maybe it'll be an interesting experience for anyone who hasn't raided.

Oh I never said it was our primary motivation. Make no mistake, our intentions comming into this, after we agreed to, were entirely selfish. We came into FoA's border with the intentions of alleviating them of thir tech. And we were quite successful, no?

No one wants peace except for you.

Tensions are what makes the Cyberverse go around, and your annoying hippy attitude won't change that. Please, join a neutral alliance so you never have any treaties you have to honor, because I can't see you not trying to worm a way out of war.

I didn't know that asking people to leave each other alone was considered "hippy". I am content with my current alliance and would gladly go to war to defend it. I don't believe you know me so please don't make assumption about me.

OOC: Also, I thought this was an ic forum. <_<

Edited by kulomascovia

I didn't know that asking people to leave each other alone was considered "hippy". I am content with my current alliance and would gladly go to war to defend it. I don't believe you know me so please don't make assumption about me.

OOC: Also, I thought this was an ic forum. <_<

Avoiding drama and conflict, and complaining everytime it occurs. This is what you do.

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

Well then that is simply cowardly; to prey on the weak when there is no need to do so is indeed an act of a coward.

No cowardly is sitting on the side lines telling others what to do. But I will agree that we will take from the weak every chance we can.

I have tried peace early on, hell when they were new I campaigned against using nukes, and even took some for people. Then I tried raiding, and it was like I was eating steak every day except now I was having fillet mignon. Give it a try if you haven't, enjoy the destruction you can sow, and who knows maybe it'll be an interesting experience for anyone who hasn't raided.

Oh I used to raid as well. It was the experience of raiding that changed my mind about the subject. Raiding not only causes unnecessary destruction but also demoralizes the victims and may incite them to give up their hopes for this planet. I cannot eat Fillet Mignon when I know it comes at the expense of another person's dinner.

Oh I never said it was our primary motivation. Make no mistake, our intentions comming into this, after we agreed to, were entirely selfish. We came into FoA's border with the intentions of alleviating them of thir tech. And we were quite successful, no?

Glad you cleared that up.

Please, join a neutral alliance so you never have any treaties you have to honor, because I can't see you not trying to worm a way out of war.

Unless you have some specific examples regarding kulomascovia's actions in particular unrelated to mere opinions, this is an unfair accusation. Regardless, it comes across and mud slinging - which will not make anyone who hasn't already made up their mind on the matter want to take your viewpoint. I'd say this regardless of the viewpoint expressed.

Edited by White Chocolate

Avoiding drama and conflict, and complaining everytime it occurs. This is what you do.

I don't think you've seen all that I've been doing when I'm not on the forums so, again, please don't make assumptions.

No cowardly is sitting on the side lines telling others what to do. But I will agree that we will take from the weak every chance we can.

I've actually been coming up with plans to protect unaligned nations from raiding and presenting them to some people I know to get feedback. I don't just sit here and complain as some people would think I do. If you're willing to force a person to get a treaty then you shouldn't complain when others tell you what to do.

I don't think you've seen all that I've been doing when I'm not on the forums so, again, please don't make assumptions.

I've actually been coming up with plans to protect unaligned nations from raiding and presenting them to some people I know to get feedback. I don't just sit here and complain as some people would think I do. If you're willing to force a person to get a treaty then you shouldn't complain when others tell you what to do.

I would prefer they dont get a treaty so I can reraid them, Im not complaining at all, thats your department walford.

Oh I used to raid as well. It was the experience of raiding that changed my mind about the subject. Raiding not only causes unnecessary destruction but also demoralizes the victims and may incite them to give up their hopes for this planet. I cannot eat Fillet Mignon when I know it comes at the expense of another person's dinner.

And that is whats great about our world, that more or less unless you do something stupid you can live how you want to.