Disgusted with you all

Hymenbreach

Pessimistic, optimistic, not relevant.

I think its only rational.

Define "natural growth of global war"?

But anyway, its not that simple and you are looking at a symptom. This didn't blow up for many reasons, but main being that it was too even to call as well as nobody really wanted it to go the way it did-- even. So now they are buying time. I dunno what do they expect will so radically change the next time around.

About p.m. strategy--- there is a strength unbalance in this game that come to be with one small group of players enacting a rational strategy of minimal warfare and maximal nation building. While the rest of the game, played their game, they were in their own movie. So now, we end up with comical situations were sides want to fight but cant really as its unbalanced. This also will not change anytime soon.

Natural progression of a global war, at least here, is the snowball effect. If you stop the snowball from rolling down hill, it ultimately stops. The more time you hold off the fighting, the rage subsides and cooler heads prevail. I am not going to lie, I was pushing for the peace strategy but at the same time I am disappointed a bit that it worked. Especially since I know behind closed doors some of your leaders are licking their chops. (I saw the logs.)

I think what ever major war develops out of this situation will be more even than this fight would have been.

As for the numbers, with the last run of the numbers, our side had a 50 Mill NS advantage and 50k nukes. So it wasn't as even as the CC would have you believe. But then again, they were the ones trying to make it about something other than TPF.

EDIT2: We also fail to take into account that there were some major OOC issues that actually lead to the start of this war as well.

Edited by AirMe

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Natural progression of a global war, at least here, is the snowball effect.

P.M. didn't stop any snowballing. That is my opinion. Other reasons for that, more basic then p.m. strategy.

As for the numbers, with the last run of the numbers, our side had a 50 Mill NS advantage and 50k nukes. So it wasn't as even as the CC would have you believe. But then again, they were the ones trying to make it about something other than TPF.

I saw some numbers too. They were equal. They didn't include NpO or MHA/Gre as they couldn't be clearly called. You know something I dont?

111,404,141 vs. 108,946,892 in NS terms.

P.M. didn't stop any snowballing. That is my opinion. Other reasons for that, more basic then p.m. strategy.

I saw some numbers too. They were equal. They didn't include NpO or MHA/Gre as they couldn't be clearly called. You know something I dont?

It did stop snowballing. No in-game wars really for 5 days save for TPF.

As for my numbers *REDACTED BECAUSE OF OPSEC*

It did stop snowballing. No in-game wars really for 5 days save for TPF.

I think one thing was the season-- its really not convenient for the game. It made things go slower and momentum got lost.

Then of course, while people politically maneuvered, it ended up in a stalemate. Nobody wanted to blow each other in it at this moment.

People would hit people and come out of p.m., if any side gathered enough of an edge and issued the order.

As for my numbers *REDACTED BECAUSE OF OPSEC*

Really now :awesome: . Thats telling on its own. So why the white peace then, matey? That makes it that much fail.

Edited by Branimir

I think the PM strategy bought some time, which is what our opposing side wanted and/or needed. I don't know whether it actually prevented the war from escalating so much as it delayed it so much that peace was found. I'm sure I'm drawing a fine line here.

Either way, I want my wasted time from the past 7-10 days back.

Very well done, CN Alliances. You have officially permitted bad faith, fake CB's, dogpiles and other acts by the black hats to succeed. You had the chance to make the world a better place and you fluffed it. White peace? Why? Not all fish deserve to be put back in the pond. Some fish deserve the brick in the face.

Terrible day.

Hang your heads in shame.

941601-874903_justyouropinion_super_super.jpg

that is all.

I think one thing was the season-- its really not convenient for the game. It made things go slower and momentum got lost.

Then of course, while people politically maneuvered, it ended up in a stalemate. Nobody wanted to blow each other in it at this moment.

People would hit people out of p.m. if any side gathered enough of an edge.

Really now :awesome: . Thats telling on its own. So why the white peace then, matey? That makes it that much fail.

The season definitely played into it. As for my redacted statement, I don't want to cause trouble for anyone.

CN is largely a game of self-interest, and all the potential combatants realised that it wouldn't be in their interest to turn this into a global war. It was close enough that effectively everybody involved would lose.

mutual destruction is fun though :v:

Well with the war averted I don't mind sharing my own numbers, I'm curious who you excluded to get such fair sides.

I've got:

SuperGrievances

Nations over 85K: 288

Nations over 63K: 798

Nation Strength: 171,607,292

Total Nations: 5940

Nukes: 40910

Alliances: 41

Coincidence Coalition

Nations over 85K: 245

Nations over 63K: 691

Nation Strength: 121,713,884

Total Nations: 4701

Nukes: 27726

Alliances: 30

That's with Polar, MHA and Umbrella sitting out. Even if I remove Gremlins it's still pretty skewed in SG's favor.

Sides I used:

Sparta

ODN

Fark

MK

VE

RoK

GATO

CSN

Athens

RIA

STA

NV

R&R

NoR

Int

GLOF

PC

TTK

Resistance

GOD

GR

Vanguard

LoSS

IAA

MA

Silence

Genesis

Dark Templar

FoB

World Federation

iFOK

FCO

\m/

LOST

Asgaard

Carpe Diem

1TF

The Brigade

Dark Fist

TGE

vs

IRON

TOOL

Legion

UPN

MCXA

MASH

NADC

WAPA

Invicta

NSO

NEW

NATO

TSO

TFD

FEAR

Argent

Valhalla

GDA

GGA

BAPS

Wolfpack

UCN

TPF

VA

ML

Echelon

TSI

Menotah

DAWN

Don't get offended if you feel I placed you on the wrong side. I can't predict everything. :P

What?

Who?

Why?

If you are not a reroll, then you are a moron. Some mixture of the two is also possible.

If I recall correctly, during the NoCB war Legion and MOON attacked some Orange or Black alliance pre-emptively then gave it so much in reps that it disbanded. I think that covers both the !@#$ CB and the $%^hattery, mirite?

EDIT: This was also at a time where you, once again IIRC, had some sort of power in Legion. :P

Edited by Evitressa

While this one LOOKS lopsided, some of those Citadel alliances whove made it an art to avoid war wouldve been put to the test here and either shut up when they got their $@! kicked or shown that they really can fight

either way, someone lost alot of PR out of all this and im not sure TPF had any worth losing

If I recall correctly, during the NoCB war Legion and MOON attacked some Orange or Black alliance pre-emptively then gave it so much in reps that it disbanded. I think that covers both the !@#$ CB and the $%^hattery, mirite?

EDIT: This was also at a time where you, once again IIRC, had some sort of power in Legion. :P

I was Major Government in Legion for less than 24 hours when that war started and I admit i made some FA mistakes from inexperience. Nor would what you described happened if I had some sort of say. But the Legion, for all her flaws, always had her heart in the right place, even if, on occasion, her brain sometimes went a-wander.

While this one LOOKS lopsided, some of those Citadel alliances whove made it an art to avoid war wouldve been put to the test here and either shut up when they got their $@! kicked or shown that they really can fight

either way, someone lost alot of PR out of all this and im not sure TPF had any worth losing

TPF came out better in this than they did going in. Maybe I am just in the minority on that one.

Very well done, CN Alliances. You have officially permitted bad faith, fake CB's, dogpiles and other acts by the black hats to succeed. You had the chance to make the world a better place and you fluffed it. White peace? Why? Not all fish deserve to be put back in the pond. Some fish deserve the brick in the face.

Terrible day.

Hang your heads in shame.

Hmmmm?

More or less everyone.

Yep. That time of the month... :lol1:

That's with Polar, MHA and Umbrella sitting out. Even if I remove Gremlins it's still pretty skewed in SG's favor.

Sides I used:

Sparta

ODN

Fark

MK

VE

RoK

GATO

CSN

Athens

RIA

STA

NV

R&R

NoR

Int

GLOF

PC

TTK

Resistance

GOD

GR

Vanguard

LoSS

IAA

MA

Silence

Genesis

Dark Templar

FoB

World Federation

iFOK

FCO

\m/

LOST

Asgaard

Carpe Diem

1TF

The Brigade

Dark Fist

TGE

vs

IRON

TOOL

Legion

UPN

MCXA

MASH

NADC

WAPA

Invicta

NSO

NEW

NATO

TSO

TFD

FEAR

Argent

Valhalla

GDA

GGA

BAPS

Wolfpack

UCN

TPF

VA

ML

Echelon

TSI

Menotah

DAWN

Don't get offended if you feel I placed you on the wrong side. I can't predict everything. :P

Let's just say you made that list with quite a bit of optimism, specially the Super Complaints side and you still missed out some more or less relevant alliances.

However, your numbers don't leave a bright image of the Super Complaints - to have such an ensured number superiority and being asking around for peace mode than 3 times.. unless it wasn't ensured at all.