Rage Thread

Aeternalis

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see why everyone is all disappointed. Its a good thing to see common sense and peace prevail. The conclusion of this was a triumph of sanity.

It's a game, which some people enjoy by beating others down. This is actually quite a sane thing to do as many people play games where that is its sole purpose (and they are very popular, too).

I don't see why everyone is all disappointed. Its a good thing to see common sense and peace prevail. The conclusion of this was a triumph of sanity.

Common sense hasn't prevailed. Stupidity has.

Common sense would've been diplomacy and discussing the issue. However, since once side felt TPF spied, it negated the diplomatic discussions that usually is a priority and felt obligated to attack, feeling they had justifiable cause and refused to acknowledge otherwise. Now after the baiting and harassment to TOP/IRON/etc, they decide to back down and everything they apparently stood for in this war flushed in the drain. If they felt so offended and obligated to attack TPF without issuing diplomacy first, they should still be in this war if that passion was so sincere. Since apparently it wasn't or isn't, it makes them look like they honestly made a mistake in attacking TPF in the first place.

Diplomacy first.

Edited by Ejayrazz

Common sense hasn't prevailed. Stupidity has.

Common sense would've been diplomacy and discussing the issue. However, since once side felt TPF spied, it negated the diplomatic discussions and 'one side' felt obligated to attack, feeling they had justifiable cause and refused to budge. Now after the baiting and harassment to TOP/IRON/etc, they decide to back down and everything they apparently stood for in this war was down the drain. If they felt so offended and obligated to attack TPF without issuing diplomacy first, they should still be in this war if that passion was so sincere.

Mien friend ejay has this one right. Sincere diplomacy and the spirit of civilisation I would have welcomed, but it is sadly not in evidence. Instead one side backed down because they knew they couldnt hold their coalition together for more than one round, before their members started spotting their lies in large numbers. The other? I honestly am not sure. Noble stupidity? Wither way, both come off with egg on their faces. And the old demons stand near, they are whispering, "only back us, and we will give you peace and stability."

They were always liars. The only difference is now they compete with new liars.

If'n you have difficulty understanding my point, young (jedi|sith|etc) there be only one sure fire remedy for your affliction.

Hit the link afollowin' and play it many times. Many, many times. And pray to Shango that one day will understandah. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGvd-C7bw8g

Edited by Sigrun Vapneir

It did not bother me too much, if there was war, good I finally get to use my nukes, no war, oh well what is next on my wonder list. I just go with whatever happens, happens, and that is that. War always comes, but hopefully next time there will be less stupid threads.

I'll give the platform up for all those who wish to voice their opinions about this war and how about people shouldn't start potentially epic !@#$ if they aren't going to finish.

Bolded for my opinion. This issue was never worth being the catalyst for a war and any war that came from it would have been unsatisfying for that reason.

Too many people play this game who want the 'fun' of a war (a winning one presumably, as there's nothing fun about losing or at least the aftermath of most losses) without actually bothering to play the part of the game that generates wars, and then complain when the people who play the political game don't destroy their alliances' position for their entertainment. If you're not having fun, do something about it. Wars don't just happen for fun, they're a part of the political game, and if you don't play the political game, you have no right to complain when it doesn't fall out how you want. If you sit in an alliance as a general member, you bait and snipe and complain about the lack of wars, and you don't do anything to encourage a war, you are the problem.

This is why CN is dying as a game.

The slightest chance for a good war, and everyone backs out.

dear god, SCM, how could you eventhink we would allow close to even sides? no one ever goes to war without knowing they will win first.

Bolded for my opinion. This issue was never worth being the catalyst for a war and any war that came from it would have been unsatisfying for that reason.

Too many people play this game who want the 'fun' of a war (a winning one presumably, as there's nothing fun about losing or at least the aftermath of most losses) without actually bothering to play the part of the game that generates wars, and then complain when the people who play the political game don't destroy their alliances' position for their entertainment. If you're not having fun, do something about it. Wars don't just happen for fun, they're a part of the political game, and if you don't play the political game, you have no right to complain when it doesn't fall out how you want. If you sit in an alliance as a general member, you bait and snipe and complain about the lack of wars, and you don't do anything to encourage a war, you are the problem.

very few people in this game really have the ability to start something with global consequences. I hate that "do something about it" !@#$%^&* because if i "did something about it" it would probably just lead to my rather insignificant alliance being curb-stomped by some 100 members alliance. yawn.

Too many people play this game who want the 'fun' of a war (a winning one presumably, as there's nothing fun about losing or at least the aftermath of most losses) without actually bothering to play the part of the game that generates wars, and then complain when the people who play the political game don't destroy their alliances' position for their entertainment.

I don't mind a losing war, so long as it isn't a one-sided curbstomp.

Way to put words in folks mouths, Bob.

Edited by Chron

I think it'll make for interesting times and I'm not all that disappointed. I've got my own goals higher than this war anyhow. I'll probably finish out this cycle of wars, let them run their course and do some damage along the way, then commence my next little operation.

3 years of reading your posts, and I finally agree with one.

dear god, SCM, how could you even think we would allow close to even sides? no one ever goes to war without knowing they will win first.

And this is the reason wars are so boring now.

What we get given is not a real war it's a slaughter.

When will people have the guts to risk all for glory or a better world?

There is no honour in beating up a group that is heavily outnumbered and outguned.

A proper balanced war would be an experience that would be new to many here and would be so exciting that it would be the favourite topic for conversation for years to come.