End of Hostilities

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is why diplomacy should always come first.

I do not care what side you're on, this is why diplomacy should ALWAYS go first.

This is an embarrassment to be honest by a side telling everyone how 'immoral of TPF' it was to do this, then goes and gets white peace once the other side shows their spine. Sorry for my bluntness, but this is ridiculous. To imagine ALL of this could've been avoided.

100% agree with this.

I more saw this war as a poker game. Athens and Co. called TPF's bluff and in the end TPF came out with a higher hand so Athens and Co. folded. If your CB is not strong enough for you to go to war WITH THE FULL INTENTION OF FIGHTING TO THE END, then maybe you need to rethink your war plan.

Which both parties agreed to. Funny.

Yes; the obvious conclusion is that one side actually had a better hand, and was cowardly for not fighting. After all, one side said TPF was evil and the other said attacking TPF over such a bad CB was evil.

So fighting was logical, unless the outcome of fighting was ensuring the evil you saw would be perpetuated.

Are you claiming that your side would have won this?

Why?

The post above yours expands the point. I am saying one side had a better chance to win. I am not saying which side, as it would end up creating another tangential discussion.

I do however believe that the side which had the better chance of victory was cowardly by accepting white peace, while the other side was quite justified in doing so as it created the best possible solution given that said side would have lost the war.

Im amused that after a week of "hurrrr just wait..here we come" amd "Zomg ur cb is teh suxs" and "oh! look what i dug up on your alliance!" that you guys took white peace.

As for our side ...shame on you too

Shame on all of us. Why are people so scared to fight? It's not like actuall people are going to die... Meh, peace is the right thing, I guess...

[OOC] As I am from Columbus, GO BUCKS!!!!! [/OOC]

Shame on all of us. Why are people so scared to fight? It's not like actuall people are going to die... Meh, peace is the right thing, I guess...

[OOC] As I am from Columbus, GO BUCKS!!!!! [/OOC]

Maybe your side cant get it in your heads that it might of been all about the CB, and that after this long of leaving TPF alone, Revenge had been had, and that it was just time to get to something else?

CC made it sound as if this side was out to get them all... that proved you wrong ;)

Maybe your side cant get it in your heads that it might of been all about the CB, and that after this long of leaving TPF alone, Revenge had been had, and that it was just time to get to something else?

CC made it sound as if this side was out to get them all... that proved you wrong ;)

Maybe our side did wait too long, but I just can't get out of my head how many of you guys wanted to go to war. And as soon as we declare, peace...

EDIT: I-O!!

Edited by Give Me Water

Alliances that fight in wars are all well and good but let's not forget the alliances that don't fight but make the wars all the more satisfying for those that do by contributing so many words about them to OWF topics.

Just as it's clear that pixels>friends, who could possibly disagree that words>actions?

o/ pixel-protecting word-worshipping alliances

Repeating myself from the other thread:

I am extremely disappointed with everyone involved with this peace agreement and proclaim every one of them to be cowards. If my own leader had been involved I would attempt to coup him.

I admire the underlying sentiment, along with that of the "Worst War Ever" proposee, but of course it all depends on perspective. There's too many folk who've been reading Sun Tzu and think "Cor! Yeah! The best battle to win is the one you don't have to fight." and all that nonsense, they're typically the political and government players who seem to have outnumbered those of us who just fancy a bit of a fight and a laugh about it. Probably explains why there's so many alliances nowadays, more folk want to govern, rule or administrate rather than have a war. For them the conclusion of this war is a very sizeable victory, so well done them.

Of course for those wanting to grow their casualty figures for the New Year it was all a bit of a waste of time.

pip pip!

p.s. Happy New Year!

I more saw this war as a poker game. Athens and Co. called TPF's bluff and in the end TPF came out with a higher hand so Athens and Co. folded. If your CB is not strong enough for you to go to war WITH THE FULL INTENTION OF FIGHTING TO THE END, then maybe you need to rethink your war plan.

The problem with your analogy is that it gives the impression that the TPF won the pot.

When, in fact, Athens and Co. have been smacking TPF for a week and now get to leave home unscratched.

Edited by Krashnaia

The problem with your analogy is that it gives the impression that the TPF won the pot.

When, in fact, Athens and Co. have been smacking TPF for a week and now get to leave home unscratched.

You sometimes lose a pot, but win the game.

And thats what happend.

If this "conflict" is a prediction of wars to come; consider this my resignation.

It was like sitting on a rocking chair at a retirement center watching retirees from other retirement centers sitting on rocking chairs because you both were told to .... It was the epitome of lame :(

Overall result of this thing was a bunch of treaty cancellations and people forming themselves into a bipolar world.

I expect the next few weeks will be fairly interesting as people juggle their treaties around.

*EDIT* ANd for all the people complaining about the lack of a war, well, you have a nation. Do something.

Bipolar can be an apt description of CN, at times. :lol1: