End of Hostilities

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, on the surface this looks like cowardice.

Deeper down, this is two rival political groupings of roughly equal strength deciding that, rather than risk a fight that could easily go either way, they would rather take the peace and will now spend the next few months trying to gain an edge in strength and allies.

Disappointing, but not that illogical.

If you want to see a silver lining in all this, this war has managed to create greater unity and cohesion for the "cores" of both groups, has meant no losses and will inevitably lead to another war in the next few months.

Exactly this.

Throughout this conflict, NPO posts have been of high quality, this post is no exception.

I got up at seven in the morning to find out there is peace? Worst war ever, either you don't declare at all or you fight until one side loses. Not this let-them-take-a-beating-and-then-white-peace mongrel.

Edited by saxasm

I think the appropriate word here for pretty much every single party involved in this conflict aside from The Phoenix Federation is cowardice. I officially register my disgust with the activities of all involved with the possible exception of Liquid Mercury who seemed to have some viable idea of what he was doing. Maybe.

I think the appropriate word here for pretty much every single party involved in this conflict aside from The Phoenix Federation is cowardice. I officially register my disgust with the activities of all involved with the possible exception of Liquid Mercury who seemed to have some viable idea of what he was doing. Maybe.

I find it amusing how Liquid Mercury aparantly lead the coalition, yet TOP didn't even take part in this war.

I find it amusing how Liquid Mercury aparantly lead the coalition, yet TOP didn't even take part in this war.

Either 1) LM was acting on his own (doubtful I'd buy that) or 2) The Order of Paradox was preempting their own entry into the war when someone attacked the Independent Republic of Orange Nations, thereby pulling in The Citadel. I'm guessing it was the second.

Either 1) LM was acting on his own (doubtful I'd buy that) or 2) The Order of Paradox was preempting their own entry into the war when someone attacked the Independent Republic of Orange Nations, thereby pulling in The Citadel. I'm guessing it was the second.

I love how people guess :P

i will admit, i like peace in wars with this many people. but not when its not even a week into a 4 on one beating, and the peace is declared when 20-ish alliances finally declare on just 3 of the 4. nothing happened but a TPF beatdown.

Yay, Invicta preserves our record: now it's been twice that we entered a war, had our update blitz criticized (when we pretty much avoided having one for tactical reasons both times), and the result was peace within 24 hours.

Maybe we should put less effort into our update blitzes. I'm sorry NPO, our blitz against Orion was terrific.