Dispatch from the Whole of C&G

ilselu1

Bringing over 6 times the NS of the alliance Athens launched a sneak attack against and hounding other allies begging them to get in on the sneak attack shows just how scared Londo and Athens really were.

:awesome:

Only RoK and Athens where meant to hit TPF initially. But due to the sudden increases in the number of TPF members hitting peace mode, and we not having a lot of active people on at that moment, we need more fire power to keep as many nations out of peace mode as possible. We knew their was a high chance of us getting counter attacked after it was all said and done, but do you think that phased us? Not one bit. :blush:

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bringing over 6 times the NS of the alliance Athens launched a sneak attack against and hounding other allies begging them to get in on the sneak attack shows just how scared Londo and Athens really were.

I could swear somebody was complaining about the whole of CnG not attacking TPF with Athens just earlier.

Actually someone told me that Londo was on vacation when this all went down, so I don't know how much he had to do with this at all. And for the record I believe Athens is doing this on MK'S behest, and already had C&G backing before they went in,. else they wouldn't have been stupid enough to start this in the first place. In the end this ain't even about TPF, but rather about C&G and Super friends, wanting a piece of Citadel and IRON.

They fear me!

Altho to be honest 3 times the NS would usually do it.... but then again you gotta remember who's involved.

.-.. --- .-.. / .- - .... . -. ... / - .... .- - / .. ... / .- .-.. .-..

I fear the post, should you ever go to war, crying against the use of nuclear weapons.

.-- .... . -. / .. / .-- .- -. - / - --- / -... . / . -.. --. -.-- / .- -. -.. / --- .-. .. --. .. -. .- .-.. --..-- / .. / ..- ... . / .- / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - --- .-. .-.-.-

Edited by tamerlane

You, (TPF's "Allies") sent your low end nations into Peace mode, so we countered by sending our high end nations into Peacemode. Don't get all upset because we effectively countered your strategy, there's a reason we're considered the "Godliest Millitary Empire©" in CN. ;)

I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one. MK's military is great and all but I can think of a couple that are better.

They wouldn't have attacked TPF alone.

Just admit it, you guys are scared.

If TOP wants war you guys can be the one's to start one for a change... ;)

As always TOP wants to bandwagon onto other braver alliances wars...that's just how you guys have always rolled.

The day TOP is the first to grab the gun will be a historic day for TOP.

Till then...keep on manipulating, bandwagoning and stroking that fragile ego! ^_^

Actually someone told me that Londo was on vacation when this all went down, so I don't know how much he had to do with this at all. And for the record I believe Athens is doing this on MK'S behest, and already had C&G backing before they went in,. else they wouldn't have been stupid enough to start this in the first place.

You're a funny guy. If MK wanted to do this, we would have done it ourselves, likely without another alliance. We had more people in our IRC on the 27th than TPF has members. Of course Athens had CnG backing. As with every alliance, they went to their allies, said "He's the proof, we're going to war" and we said "Go for it". Our treaty states they are to give us advance notice of intent to declare war, as yours probably do as well.

In the end this ain't even about TPF, but rather about C&G and Super friends, wanting a piece of Citadel and IRON.

Yes, We'll ignore that there are more treaties between CnG alliances and Cit alliances than there are between CnG alliances and SF alliances.

You're a funny guy. If MK wanted to do this, we would have done it ourselves, likely without another alliance. We had more people in our IRC on the 27th than TPF has members. Of course Athens had CnG backing. As with every alliance, they went to their allies, said "He's the proof, we're going to war" and we said "Go for it". Our treaty states they are to give us advance notice of intent to declare war, as yours probably do as well.

Your assumption is that Athens didn't look at the situation, and figure that no one would want to get shot up for TPF...or that those who might object would be so slow to react that they would not be able to get organized in time to save TPF from surrendering.

It was a calculated gamble--one worth trying if you have confidence that it will be a short war. Of course if you're wrong...well that's Poker. ;)

Athens knew exactly what they were getting into. We were ready for escalation on day one.

They fear me!

Altho to be honest 3 times the NS would usually do it.... but then again you gotta remember who's involved.

.-.. --- .-.. / .- - .... . -. ... / - .... .- - / .. ... / .- .-.. .-..

TPF of all alliances complaining about the use of overwhelming force? How many alliances did you guys put on NoV? The wiki says you had 7 times as many nations on the first day.

Actually someone told me that Londo was on vacation when this all went down, so I don't know how much he had to do with this at all. And for the record I believe Athens is doing this on MK'S behest, and already had C&G backing before they went in,. else they wouldn't have been stupid enough to start this in the first place. In the end this ain't even about TPF, but rather about C&G and Super friends, wanting a piece of Citadel and IRON.

Well duh.

We pledge mutual defense AND aggression in times of conflict, doing so with the utmost trust in each others motives and reasoning. We live as one, and fight as one.

As always TOP wants to bandwagon onto other braver alliances wars...that's just how you guys have always rolled.

Till then...keep on manipulating, bandwagoning and stroking that fragile ego! ^_^

Few points on this:

1) TOP was one of the primary movers on the war against NpO/BLEU - not to be confused with the travesty that was the Hyperion/GR conflict happening in tandem.

2) TOP being the one more aggressive in this situation makes no sense. If/When they come in they'll be pretty heavily outnumbered and outgunned even at the top ranks (depending on who else activates and how escalation ocurrs naturally) so 'starting' the war makes no sense for that side

3) TOP couldn't start it (at the higher ranks, but doing so at lower ranks would be suicide) if they wanted to because all the targets their war mode nations can hit are in peace mode with only a few exceptions. Not saying the inverse isn't also true but this still hampers the ability to 'start' things

4) Since when is this about TOP? The overtness of some of the posters involved on the Athens/RoK side about IRON and TOP doesn't jive with the need for justice from spying - if all you wanted was to punish them for spying you'd be happy - discourse like this makes it exceptionally clear what this war was really intending to achieve.

Sorry for the derail...

Edited by DougZ37

4) Since when is this about TOP? The overtness of the alliances involved on the Athens/RoK side about want to get IRON and TOP doesn't jive with the need for justice from spying - if all you wanted was to punish them for spying you'd be happy - discourse like this makes it exceptionally clear what this war was really intending to achieve.

I' think its important to remember that C&G, and MK in particular, are alliances that have faced their fair share of challenges over their history and we are not the kind of people who enjoy being told "Im comin for you" and then being forced to wait. We didn't like it when the NPO did it to us during the GR/Hyperion ordeal and we don't like it now. So rather than this being about TOP or IRON, this is a "put your money where your mouth is" situation. Don't jump into the fray if you don't want to dance. That is nothing new from our group and should not be misconstrued as us being out to get anyone. As for the speculation of MK holding all the strings, please find some fresher material. Archon isn't active enough to be pulling all the strings and SirWilliam is always chemically incapacitated :v. Seriously though, give the speculation a break. Athens perceived a problem and acted and, as it has always been, we are here to have her back. Disagree or agree, that is the way its going to be till our bonds are broken or our nations deleted.

Granted there has been undue overzealousness on the part of certain parties in this conflict but comments such as these are, and have been, emanating from both sides of this conflict - TOP included. Does that mean that these parties would really like to be involved in a death lock with the other? Probably not, its mostly just chest thumping. I have no desire to see TOP or IRON enter the conflict; I want to see justice served. The past few days are a wonderful example of how public diplomatic strong-arming and rhetoric from certain governments can get people riled up and those are two things that each side are guilty of.

Edited by tamerlane

1) TOP was one of the primary movers on the war against NpO/BLEU - not to be confused with the travesty that was the Hyperion/GR conflict happening in tandem.

That was a war that was decided on beforehand. It actually proves his point about you not being all that brave

4) Since when is this about TOP?

I have wondered that as well. Because, I really can't understand why TOP are involving themselves in this situation, playing tough guys, when we all know they are just a bunch of pansies

This is just my own opinion here. I can't speak for anyone else of course but I think I might have a few people in mk agreeing with me on this.

The talk about this being about TOP couldn't be further from the truth (I hope). Involving TOP in this would also involve the rest of citadel in the conflict. Wich means that from our (MKs) point of view we'd have some of our closest friends in citadel fighting against our friends in athens (directly or indirectly). I can't imagine anyone in MK that would want to see that happening. Nobody likes to see their friends at war with other friends. We value all our friends highly so naturally we don't want them to go to war against eachother.

Edited by neneko

Athens knew exactly what they were getting into. We were ready for escalation on day one.

That's only prudent. Whatever other rhetoric that others want to put forth, I know Londo (and the rest of C&G leadership) isn't stupid.

I look forward to seeing the after action reports on the war after its over. I doubt OPSEC will allow anyone the luxury of being forthcoming about initial intentions, things that caused alterations in plans, etc.

This is just my own opinion here. I can't speak for anyone else of course but I think I might have a few people in mk agreeing with me on this.

The talk about this being about TOP couldn't be further from the truth (I hope). Involving TOP in this would also involve the rest of citadel in the conflict. Wich means that from our (MKs) point of view we'd have some of our closest friends in citadel fighting against our friends in athens (directly or indirectly). I can't imagine anyone in MK that would want to see that happening. Nobody likes to see their friends at war with other friends. We value all our friends highly so naturally we don't want them to go to war against eachother.

Straight truth here. I've long considered Umbrella and Gremlins to be two of our closest allies outside of CnG. Hell, MK and Umbrella trade members weekly.

Nizzle is not a member of TOP.

I heard about your response to my post, and I heard the answer is that C&G doesn't have to worry about being rolled anymore unless they lose this war and that's why they are hiding in PM while making fun of everyone else.

I think some alliances that would theoretically be facing us if the conflict were to erupt have a lot more to potentially lose. And you realize you're saying this about a bloc that is basically formed from alliances who have been beaten down at least once? If you think we're under the impression that we "don't have to worry about being rolled anymore" then that's pretty inaccurate.

Athens weren't the only victims of what they are fighting TPF for, and that is why some of those other alliance are also in the fray.

I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one. MK's military is great and all but I can think of a couple that are better.

You obviously have missed the CN Awards for the past 2 years finesmug.gif

Edited by Drai

You obviously have missed the CN Awards for the past 2 years finesmug.gif

I'm not denying you're an awesome force to be reckoned with - but as far as battle tested (recently) alliances are concerned its probably you or Gramlins. I think that TOP/NpO could both possibly be better but neither has been battle tested recently so its hard to say for sure. ;)

Also pro use of the smug.

Edited by DougZ37

I'm not denying you're an awesome force to be reckoned with - but as far as battle tested (recently) alliances are concerned its probably you or Gramlins. I think that TOP/NpO could both possibly be better but neither has been battle tested recently so its hard to say for sure. ;)

Also pro use of the smug.

Does this mean GPA are potentially the greatest military force on bob?

Does this mean GPA are potentially the greatest military force on bob?

Potentially. But whereas GPA got rocked pretty hard in their only fight ever (even given the circumstances), NpO/TOP have performed extremely well historically through a fairly sizeable number of conflicts, but your point is valid.

-End of derail

Edited by DougZ37