Concerning the use of the Karma moniker

Archon

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll take your word for it, but traditionally TOP members haven't been very outspoken on the OWF, which is why people can be confused by your free speech policies.

Traditionally TOP has avoided the OWF because there's generally very little honest dialogue here, rather memes, talking points, and trolling. I can't speak for why others have become more active here, but I for one won't let MK, Athens and friends try to paint a terribly one sided picture of things without providing the audience a decent perspective of the other side.

The TPF is being attacked for allegedly breaking its surrender agreement, so the war on them is a resumption of the previous war, so I think the use of the karma moniker is apt in these circumstances.

EDIT - Spelling error

Edited by Prime minister Johns

The TPF is being attacked for allegedly breaking its surrender agreement, so the war on them is a resumption of the previous war, so I think the use of the karma moniker is apt in these circumstances.

EDIT - Spelling error

nice try, but the surrender agreement (that TPF has fulfilled and have been released from) has nothing to do with the CB.

All this has already been said. You know you're already well respected. You don't even have to TRY to be the center of attention, Archon.

So why do you?

Because the little kids need someone to look up to, and looking across the fence, I can't see any role models.~

So can we expect to measure TOP's involvement in the war in minutes or hours this time?

What unit of measure do you use to calculate your ego with, sir? I imagine TOP's involvement would be measured as something on a similar scale should our allies in IRON come into harm's way.

One: If you call the people assailing TPF "Karma", that makes you folks the "Hegemony." This is a fact, because Karma was a wartime coalition that existed to oppose the Hegemony and ceased to exist afterwards, just as the CoaLUEtion fought the NPO and ~ fought the Unjust Highway. Coalitions don't magically reform (note: the alliances you're calling Karma did not comprise the entirety of Karma), and as they're not really de jure entities in the first place they don't really magically reappear anyway to suit your PR needs. But, on that note...

If 'Karma' ceased to exist when the war ended (in your own words), then why do even you still use the name long after the war ended?

An Announcement from Karma by TheNeverender, Oct 4 2009 - http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=70596

Just wanted to take a few moments, given my once prestigious position, to point a few things out.

One: If you call the people assailing TPF "Karma", that makes you folks the "Hegemony."

What? No. Even for this place that's some pretty silly logic. Someone can have the opinion that this is "Karma strikes again" without being / having been involved with Karma or the Hegemony.

Two: If the crux of your argument (and trust me, most of you *are* pushing this train of thought) is that Karma is as bad, if not worse, than the Hegemony, then you're certainly acknowledging that the Hegemony was bad. However, as per the previous point, you're identifying yourselves as the Hegemony (i.e. the forces that Karma existed to oppose and ceased to exist once defeating). Which means that any time you take a moment to trash on Karma being evil, you're really just trashing on yourselves by transitivity. It's really painful to watch, so please stop.

This is really painful to read..

Three: The amount of crap the allies of TPF have gotten is because nearly 3 full days have elapsed without a peep from any of them. There's a certain expectation of promptness with respect to the honoring of treaties on Planet Bob, and when it takes you three full ****ing days to get yourselves together it's kind of embarrassing. Even if you go on to win, it's still pretty embarrassing.

It's the holiday season and this particular war was probably very unexpected. It may take some time to mobilize. If they are going to honor their treaties, I can't blame them for waiting until after New Year's so they can strike as hard as possible.

The fact that you failed to address anything, even whether you were analyzing the CB and debating whether to support TPF (or, as the case may or may not be, deciding whether to opportunistically take a shot at various people and/or alleviate boredom), it might not have hurt to have said something.

What TPF's allies are going to do about the attack on TPF is none of your business, you are not entitled to know their plans. I'm sure they've discussed it privately with TPF and I'm sure we'll see something happen eventually, be it a DoW or an announcement stating why there isn't one.

The quality of this announcement disappoints me.

Edited by Viluin

What unit of measure do you use to calculate your ego with, sir? I imagine TOP's involvement would be measured as something on a similar scale should our allies in IRON come into harm's way.
I use metric tons. B)

I prefer to use kilometres when measuring my ego. :awesome:

A Doitzel is the standard unit of ego measurement 'round these parts. Doitzel has a ego measuring 1 Doitzel. TOP's involvement in wars, however, is more difficult to measure. It usually requires a conference of the most bespectacled grandees of the international scientific community, a complex stat-crunching algorithm and reading the entrails of a peahen.

Edited by Sal Paradise