No More celtic Promise

Andre27

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, the ODN / GGA relationship goes back to 2006. We had a treaty with them back then, but then canceled it (along with GATO's treaty) due to them not getting along, iirc. We re-signed a few months later, though I must admit I completely forget the year it was signed.

Actually, the ODN / GGA relationship goes back to 2006. We had a treaty with them back then, but then canceled it (along with GATO's treaty) due to them not getting along, iirc. We re-signed a few months later, though I must admit I completely forget the year it was signed.

Late 2007 or perhaps early 2008 for this particular treaty.

And who would have thought, I was thinkin I'd see an ODN cancellation not a GGA cancellation, eh, ISOLATIONISM!!!!!

lets party.

o/ ODN, I don't even have to say good luck because I know you are total win!

Why did ODN and GGA have a treaty with each other?
WalkerNinja B)

I actually don't know, but they had one with all members of One Vision IIRC. (NPO, GGA, IRON, and even Polar I think).

That would be the conventional wisdom, but it is also incorrect. IIRC, this happened during my mandatory 5 week break between Senate and SecGen. This treaty was proposed, championed, and drafted by TheEric. It's genesis, I believe, arose out of TheEric's tight relations with Bilrow over Skype. The fact that it fit into the overarching political agenda that I had pressed for the previous 12 weeks is almost purely coincidental.

WN treaties (for the record) are usually characterized by legalese and/or bombastic rhetoric. Celtic Promise, by contrast, is light and lulzy in nature, echoing the pre-GWIII days of the ODN. The historic friendship between GGA/ODN was one of the selling points, and many older members of the ODN felt a little nostalgic about it all.

EDIT:

My name keeps getting drug up in these ODN cancellation threads as if they are effecting some dramatic reversal of the policies that I enacted during my tenure there. While I have expressed this in private to the ODN, it seems that I ought to also express it to the general CN public.

I am, and have been, quite proud of the ODN. They are now achieving everything that I hoped to spur them on to during my time in office there. They are picking a side that will not implode, aligning themselves strongly, and promising to follow through. They are developing their nations in a sensible and efficient manner. Their activity is up, and their community is strong.

"But WN! They're aligning against all of the people that you pushed them towards!"

So what? Those are details, and if you know me at all, you know that I'm a big picture kind of guy. Once upon a time I would have been egotistical enough to be insulted or upset about it, but at this moment I have grown enough to think less about my own desires and more about the community to which I dedicated so much of my time and resources. They are in a good place, and they're headed for even better horizons. I am genuinely happy about that. Just as the ODN is not the same alliance it was two years ago, neither am I the same man. I'd like to think that we've both matured for the better.

I am proud of my service to the ODN in spite of the dark manner in which it ended. In some ways I *still* consider myself an ODN member. If I can do so in good conscience and without compromising my loyalties, I will always try to help them to advance their cause. If I ever decide to return, I hope that I will be welcomed.

Edited by WalkerNinja

Come now, our records are better kept than that. No need for random guesswork.

It was signed by Senate XXI and Akasha as Secretary General, so March of 2008.

PIAT was Signed on 2/20/2007 upgraded to ODP on Oct 12, 2007, and then upgraded to MDP on March 24, 2008

Wow, you keep records of everything to the day. Impressive.

Well, to be honest, it does help that I own the old GGA Forums, and also Degenerate messaged me earlier to find out the history of the treaty so I had already looked it up.

:)