VE/GATO Treaty Upgrade

Solaris

The first thing that came to mind was green and brown... use your imagination from there.

It's always good to see semi-useless ODPs be upgraded to something that is actually substantial. Congratulations to both parties!

My first choice for the ODP was Green Poop Accords, but that didn't fly.

My 2nd choice was the Green Kitty Accords (GATO = cat, ole!) but Impero thought it was too flamboyant, even for his tastes.

For the sake of humor (and for why they don't let me write treaties), here is the draft I submitted 2 months ago for the Green Kitty Accords:

Green Kitty Accords

Mutual Defense Pact between the Global Alliance and Treaty Organization and the Viridian Entente

Hello Kitty!

In recognition that the Global Alliance and Treaty Organization (hereby known as GATO) and the Viridian Entente (hereby known as VE) agree to initiate petting of each others heads and the occasional massaging of the neck area, and the growing friendship that comes from such a commitment.

Article 1 - Play Nice, Kittys

No member nation of either signatory alliance may use their claws on each other or attack a member nation of the other signatory alliance. Any and all violations of this will result in immediate reparations equivalent to the damages done, payable in catnip or in cash or tech. Refusal of the violating nation to pay reparations can result in severe punishment from the alliance they are affiliated with, and possibly neutering, and the reparations will be paid by another nation of the aggressive alliance. Both alliances agree to remain peaceful to each other for the duration of the treaty.

Article 2 - Kittys Stick Together

An attack on one signatory is officially considered a direct attack on both signatories. If requested by the attacked alliance, it is mandatory that the other signatory come to the immediate military defense of the attacked kitty, unless the treaty is cancelled with just cause prior to hostilities. Kittys never say die.

Article 3 - Meowing

Any information that one signatory discovers that may contain information that could result in hurt or danger toward the other signatory must be presented to the target alliance's government as soon as it is picked up, or else face scratches to the hands. Any information found by one signatory that does not lead to danger toward the other signatory may be given to the other alliance's government if they desire, unless its from that dirty cat that hides in the dumpster outside, in that case its not wanted. Any privileged information from this relationship may not be shared without the mutual consent of both parties.

Article 4 - Sharing of Catnip

If either signatory is in need of financial assistance, the other alliance is required to aid whatever is needed or can be spared to resolve the issue that requires the request of finances. We understand that catnip is a luxury and sometimes a kitty can't afford to share much of it, in those cases as much as can be spared must be offered.

Article 5 - Kitty Ran Away :(

This treaty may be cancelled if any of the articles in this treaty are not met, or one of the signatories does something hostile toward the other alliance, such as hogging the best spot on the top of the piano. If one kitty decides to run away from home, it must either first get the approval of the other to immediately terminate this agreement, or give 48 hours notice before cancellation takes effect.

Kitty Pride

Both GATO and the VE agree to abide by the terms stated in this treaty. By the signatures placed on this pact, both alliances agree to constitute this into alliance law for both alliances.

Signed for the Global Alliance and Treaty Organization:

Signed for the Viridian Entente:

Sheesh, stop it you guys (GATO), I was just complaining to someone the other day how isolationists you'd become and now you sign two impressive treaties within the last week! You're making my argument look silly! :)

Making your argument look silly doesn't take much effort though, just a few well placed explosives....

o/ GATO

o/ VE

Congrats on your awesome treaty

Very sexy.

And Raga, it might help to know that these silly fools gave me a job again. I'm a big fan of shaking things in the upward direction and drawing lines.

Also, can't help but notice Duncan has usurped me on the treaty >_> emot-argh.gif Duncan emot-argh.gif

o/ VE

o/ GATO

-Kev

My Lords,

It is with great hope that I look fondly upon this relationship between the Viridian Entente and the Global Alliance and Treaty Organization. May your friendship continue to develop.

The Right Honourable the Lord Price of Whitehall

Holy Triumvir and Lord High Admiral of the Grand Global Fleet :)

Congrats, lads.

Over two months ago, the Entente dispatched its first delegate to the forums of the Global Alliance and Treaty Organization. When our embassy was first established, we expected to find an ancient, broken shell of a once-proud alliance. However, within a single hour of posting an introductory thread, we discovered just how incredibly wrong we were. We uncovered a thriving, up-and-coming, stable alliance, with untold amounts of potential. Their members welcomed us to their forums like no alliance has ever done before, and we already began establishing strong bonds of friendship and unity on that very first day.

Could have told you that. ;)

Congrats, lads.

Could have told you that. ;)

We in no way mean that as a criticism of GATO, rather it is a statement of our own (wrongly) held preconceptions*, and the disorganized condition of our State Department before I took over. Our relations with GATO was my first major push as the Secretary of State and I am quite satisfied with that record.

*Remember Sol got lazy and just posted the same announcement we gave our general members :P