Medieval CNRP

Gnost Dural

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, just pointing a major flaw in the calculation system above...

IG soldiers are the number of soldiers we have in MRP. With that rule, I have 79,475 soldiers to play with. Perfect.

MRP cavalry are the number of IG tanks multiplied by 50. With that rule, I have 7,948 tanks in game. 7,948 x 50 = 397,400 cavalry. Kay.

Seems a bit unbalanced, right? If anything, you either have to add a multiplier to the soldiers or remove the multiplier for cavalry and reduce it considerably.

IG soldiers are the number of soldiers we have in MRP. With that rule, I have 79,475 soldiers to play with. Perfect.

MRP cavalry are the number of IG tanks multiplied by 50. With that rule, I have 7,948 tanks in game. 7,948 x 50 = 397,400 cavalry. Kay.

Seems a bit unbalanced, right? If anything, you either have to add a multiplier to the soldiers or remove the multiplier for cavalry and reduce it considerably.

That's what I noticed...

Keep a x5 multiplier for cavalry, imo. Or none at all.

Yeah, my infantry to cavalry ratio is 1:2 ish. 45k infantry, 97k cavalry. I don't think most countries used that much cavalry.

Cavalry was vastly more expensive than infantry. A single knight was more costly than 20 peasants with their swords and whatnot. Even in later times, as guns became prevalent, cavalry was still much more expensive and mostly used for flanking and outmaneuvering. Few nations were capable of fielding even a fifth as many riders as infantrymen.

Well, that excludes, of course, the cultures where cavalry was the main focus, such as the Mongols and the Dervish armies in Sudan. I like the 5x multiplier.

There shouldn't be any exceptions. I don't care if you own Mongolia, Scythia, Sarmatia, or Parthia. Flat multiplier for all.

This is the most current map if you want a look

Cheers mate - looked at wrong map. Since my first choice is taken, and so is Milano can I take the highlighted (in Red) section of Afghanistan - if no one has jumped in since I posted this

Ghazi.jpg

Name: Ghaznavid Empire.

EDIT: I cannot spell

Edited by MadScotsman

Oh well.

If Australia's been taken too, can I get South Africa up to the southern coast of Madagascar?

Australaia's free, no worries. :)

There shouldn't be any exceptions. I don't care if you own Mongolia, Scythia, Sarmatia, or Parthia. Flat multiplier for all.

I was under the impression that was what it was supposed to be in the first place... :unsure:

I'll be giving up my claim to Wales, and changing to Nueva Espana [Really wasn't too interested in it to begin with].

Nueva Espana will consist of Florida, the Cayman Islands, Jamaica, the Bahamas, and Haiti.

OOC: aww i wanted you to come to east asia TT-TT, eh it ok im sure Asia will be ok without a Haruhi Empire popping up.:awesome: