So, uh, Athens...

Penkala

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That wasn't worth sharing tbh.

Aww come on. That's a pretty funny coincidence, don't you think? Naturally I wouldn't expect the treaty to still exist, but what were the odds that Knights of Ni's only recorded ally would have merged into the alliance that merged into the alliance that merged into Athens?

Aww come on. That's a pretty funny coincidence, don't you think? Naturally I wouldn't expect the treaty to still exist, but what were the odds that Knights of Ni's only recorded ally would have merged into the alliance that merged into the alliance that merged into Athens?

According to the cybernations wiki there has been 942 alliances in total, So I guess a 1 in 942 chance. Maths expert feel free to correct me.

I really much like to see you pointing out where i did what Athens did.

I honestly wasn't referring to you, I would have no way to know that. I was just saying what i wanted in the same manner that you did, since they are the same yet on opposite ends of the spectrum.

Edited by Jack Diorno

According to the cybernations wiki there has been 942 alliances in total, So I guess a 1 in 942 chance. Maths expert feel free to correct me.

Well, I'm assuming more than 1 of those 942 alliances have merged into Athens. That causes the odds to drop a little, though 942 seems on the low side to begin with.

By the by, do you happen to have any former BPS members left anyway?

Edited by Penguin

QUOTE (Alterego @ Nov 14 2009, 12:28 PM)

Just remember that sometime in the future KoN possibly with the assistance of new friends will "understandably" want revenge and like you they are fully entitled to smash you and extort massive reps with interest. What was good for Athens must be good for KoN.

ROFL EPIC that is so funny i almost fell off my chair in laughter.

Well, I'm assuming more than 1 of those 942 alliances have merged into Athens. That causes the odds to drop a little, though 942 seems on the low side to begin with.

By the by, do you happen to have an BPS members left anyway?

I enjoyed your post, gave me a good chuckle. And No idea.

It does not matter to me if people interpret it as a large scale techraid or inter-alliance war. The point is, they infringed an alliances souvereignity. They attacked without just cause or any reason at all. And yes it was out of boredom, i havent seen anyone of Athens claiming it to be any differently. What does it matter if the killer stabs the victim only once? That doesnt make it half as bad. In fact, it's basically the same and id love someone to finally come out and admit this is just !@#$%^&* politics because people are bored and desperately need entertainment.

Boredom is obviously a factor, in fact no one would even be here discussing this if they weren't bored with their alternate activities. You could say that boredom is the driving factor behind everyone's existence here and actions they carry out. Maybe you alleviate it with posturing and preaching, I cure my own with a little piracy.

Is one better then the other? I don't see how pontificating about an arbitrary and flawed moral code is any less obnoxious then engaging in a little sport without prior approval. From my experience, raiding is rarely a bullying activity. Raid targets are usually evenly matched and often larger then the attacker, you go in knowing you might not come out the other side better off and just roll with it. If some people prefer sharing their feelings and opinions as a mode of entertainment, more power to 'em. I won't stop ya.

Laughable H and NPO will be smashed...oh wait!

Yeah this is exactly the same thing...

Im still waiting for an explanation on why raiding a 40 man alliance us bad, but raiding none/5/10 man alliances is fine, btw.

Edited by AVFC1

KoN can surely defend themselves, they have nuclear weapons they could do a lot of damage if they wished it. I don't see the point of trying to provoke us into tech raiding the GPA or TDO though.

Of course and alliance with 850k of Strengh, 39 members and 125 nukes can defend themselves against 2 alliances who have together 8.3m NS, 318 members and 2067 nukes. :rolleyes:

Boredom is obviously a factor, in fact no one would even be here discussing this if they weren't bored with their alternate activities. You could say that boredom is the driving factor behind everyone's existence here and actions they carry out. Maybe you alleviate it with posturing and preaching, I cure my own with a little piracy.

Is one better then the other? I don't see how pontificating about an arbitrary and flawed moral code is any less obnoxious then engaging in a little sport without prior approval. From my experience, raiding is rarely a bullying activity. Raid targets are usually evenly matched and often larger then the attacker, you go in knowing you might not come out the other side better off and just roll with it. If some people prefer sharing their feelings and opinions as a mode of entertainment, more power to 'em. I won't stop ya.

Choader I have also set up duels and fights before. I've also fought nations larger than me and i know it can be fun. Hell, im all for fun, but maybe the person you are attacking has a different opinion on that and a techraider just disregards that. It does not matter to the techraider if the raided person is experiencing the same fun as him. Even if it was true that most victims (as you claimed) enjoyed the fight the same the attacker enjoyed it, you cant automatically assume that ALL do. And if the victim enjoys it anyway, why not ask him before? He would surely agree if he is a fighter.

Please stop painting your apples orange, because right until now i thought the CnG alliances had some integrity.

Edited by HellAngel

Of course and alliance with 850k of Strengh, 39 members and 125 nukes can defend themselves against 2 alliances who have together 8.3m NS, 318 members and 2067 nukes. :rolleyes:

They can defend themselves better than a lone nation or a 5 man alliance can. Why don't you make a sig listing all the alliances who raid those defenseless people too?

If anything, raiding a 40 man alliance shows a lot more balls than raiding a 5 man one.

Edited by AVFC1

I enjoyed your post, gave me a good chuckle. And No idea.

Aha, you do! Angryraccoon was in BPS and was an ambassador to his allies in the Knights of Ni all those years ago. In fact, he visited the Knights of Ni forums not 3 hours before the attack:

angryraccoon.png

so I'm guessing this revelation isn't all that surprising to you. Was that how you came up with the Knights of Ni to begin with?

Investigations are so much fun! ^_^

Edited by Penguin

Yes they can defend themselves and take a dint out of Athens, why don't you do this moral crusading against tech raiders who simply attack the nations with zero nukes and zero defense? If my logic on your viewpoint holds out this would be a much worse offense.

Aha, you do! Angryraccoon was in BPS and was an ambassador to his allies in the Knights of Ni all those years ago. In fact, he visited the Knights of Ni forums not 3 hours before the attack. Was that how you came up with the Knights of Ni to begin with?

Investigations are so much fun! ^_^

Angryracoon was not online when the plan was made as far as I know, it's actually kind of scary how coincidental this is.

I thought CnG had integrity and was a good bunch. CnG is just a larger Poison Clan tis all and that's truly terrible.

Bad show guys, very bad show. Guess I regarded and rated you too highly.

Hey look, your alliance is full of furries and people who enjoy posting art of underage girls almost naked. Don't talk to me about integrity.

I thought CnG had integrity and was a good bunch. CnG is just a larger Poison Clan tis all and that's truly terrible.

Bad show guys, very bad show. Guess I regarded and rated you too highly.

I just want to make it clear that no where in this thread, has it been said that CnG as a whole supports and condones this move. This is a Athens - FoB raid. Not a CnG raid. Athens and FoB do hold a seperate MDoAP outside of CnG. CnG should not be held accountable for this raid.

Edited by Jgoods45

Choader I have also set up duels and fights before. I've also fought nations larger than me and i know it can be fun. Hell, im all for fun, but maybe the person you are attacking has a different opinion on that and a techraider just disregards that. It does not matter to the techraider if the raided person is experiencing the same fun as him. Even if it was true that most victims (as you claimed) enjoyed the fight the same the attacker enjoyed it, you cant automatically assume that ALL do. And if the victim enjoys it anyway, why not ask him before? He would surely agree if he is a fighter.

Please stop painting your apples orange, because right until now i thought the CnG alliances had some integrity.

I never claimed that most or even a significant amount of raid victims enjoy the experience, I'd imagine most don't.

Angryracoon was not online when the plan was made as far as I know, it's actually kind of scary how coincidental this is.

Very weird! It'll be interesting to hear what Angryraccoon thinks of the attack on his old friends when he awakes from his slumber (I presume he's asleep right now). How did you come up with Knights of Ni as a target, if I might ask?

Edited by Penguin

Also, forgot to mention and should be noted...

The DoW is 12 hours late. I thought Athens was more punctual than that.

... and I thought 40 minutes was bad waiting for a DoW.

We will make sure to post DoW's for all our tech raids, they will be sent personally to your nation, expect about 10 per day.

Also, would you like one for all of these? http://www.cybernations.net/all_war_information.asp

That's almost 2,000 Dow's. Seems like a lot of spam.

Edited by Jack Diorno