Joint GATO-ODN Announcement

Laserwolf

aclogo.png

Back in July, GATO and our friends at IAA made a join elections announcement and for this term, I extended an offer to our friends at ODN for the same type of joint announcement. So without further ado, I first present ODN's election results followed by GATO's election results:

announcement.gif

It is with varying degrees of pleasure that I bring you ODN Government XXXII.

This time around, we've had a little more turn-over than is the norm. Without further ado...

Secretary General: Arsenal

Assistant Secretary General: James Davis

Secretary of State: Proximus

Secretary of Defense: OsRavan

Secretary of Economics: Merlin

Secretary of the Interior: Huttervan

With several Secretaries unable to continue for various reasons, we have four new faces in the Secretariat this term. With Sunstar moving to the Senate, A wild JamesDavis appears! to serve in that role. Proximus slides from the Senate over to the Secretariat to add his charm to the State Department, while OsRavan steps up from his long-time position as Senior Deputy Secretary of Defense to the top job in the military. Unsurprisingly, Merlin continues his tenure as the (historically only) Secretary of Economics. Finally (but not really), Huttervan steps up from Deputy Secretary of the Interior to manage the tumultuous affairs that are our Academy and Recruiting. D: I have the utmost confidence in each of these members and am certain that we will have a successful and active session from the Secretariat.

Senate XXXII:

Compulsion, Dujek Pingu, Salka Palmir, Suntart

Our Senate elections were especially interesting this time around. With three former Secretaries General and three incumbents (a mutually exclusive group this time around) in the running, as well as some very strong platforms from newer members, ODNistas had difficulty selecting just three recipients for their votes (I know I sure did). Each of the eventual winners have previous Senate experience, and I look forward to a thrilling Senate session from everybody's favourite legislative body!

Lastly, a special congratulations goes out to Cataduanes who is expecting his first child to arrive; moreover, he has stepped down as Senator. We will miss him in this leadership capacity but also wish him nothing but the best of luck with the expansion of his family. :)

tl;dr ODN cancels all of its treaties on the losing side.

biggatoflag.png

It is my pleasure to announce the GATO government for the November-December term.

Assembly Chairman - Laserwolf

Minister of Foreign Affairs - Kevlar

Minister of Defense - MagicNinja

Minister of Finance - DragonsPhyre

Minister of Domestic Affairs - Sgummo1

I am humbled that GATO has entrusted me as Assembly Chairman for the 3rd consecutive time. It is my desire to continue serving and leading GATO to a place of respect and honor. Returning to the Foreign Affairs scene after a brief retirement is Kevlar. In a highly watched race involving Kevlar, President Kent, and Robster83, Kevlar pulled off the victory. We welcome back Kevlar from his rocking chair. Running uncontested for this term was DragonsPhyre, MagicNinja, and Sgummo1.

Also joining the team are my 3 deputies:

• Benjaminperdomo - Senior Deputy AC and Legal and Domestic Adviser
  • Arciel - Deputy AC - Foreign Adviser
  • Kerschbs - Deputy AC - Military Growth and Development Adviser

Representing our 25th Congress for the November Term:

• Morte
  • BlackDragon
  • Greg23
  • LeftWingLiberal
  • ShamanMcLamie
  • Dennu Rellik
  • BarbulaM1

In one of the rarest events in GATO elections history, there was a 3-way tie for the last 2 Congressional seats. A 24 run-off election was held with Dennu Rellik winning the first of the 2 remaining seats leaving Randle and BarbulaM1 tying for the last Congressional seat. Following our Charter's guidelines in the event of a tie after a run-off election, I was left with the dubious task of declaring a victory. So after a literal coin flip, BarbulaM1 won the final seat for this term.

Also returning to Congress are veterans Morte, BlackDragon, and LeftWingLiberal. We also welcome back GATO's plug-him-in-anywhere handyman Greg23.

I am excited about this term and look forward to the exciting things that GATO will accomplish over the next 2 months.

O/ ODN

O/ GATO

Orange Chocolate Cake for all!

0511p168-chocolate-cake-l.jpg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Back in July, GATO and our friends at IAA made a join elections announcement and for this term, I extended an offer to our friends at ODN for the same type of joint announcement.

Oh, so you guys don't let us know that you're doing it a second time? ODN's just cooler than us? Fine. If that's how it's gonna be, great. I can't wait for more lines to be drawn.

And yes, I already know why: IAA doesn't do elections anymore. :(:D

o/ ODN

:wub: GATO :wub:

Oh, so you guys don't let us know that you're doing it a second time? ODN's just cooler than us? Fine. If that's how it's gonna be, great. I can't wait for more lines to be drawn.

And yes, I already know why: IAA doesn't do elections anymore. :(:D

o/ ODN

:wub: GATO :wub:

I did talk with Chimmy to do a triple announcement and that's when he told me about the new system in IAA. It's all good.

:wub: IAA :wub:

I believe the concept behind making me SoS was that Arsenal was bored and knew I would piss someone else off enough for them to declare within the week, yes.

Let's race, Pocho. First one to start a war wins.

I'm pulling some strings as we speak for a surprise attack on a certain network that defends oranges.